Endre's Flog of Obedience seems to be missing from the game

JPK

Question

Hi,

Endre's Flog of Obedience is missing from the game as of the latest version from Steam. Katrenn dropped that thing in my first playthrough (also stated in the wiki), but now in my second playthrough I killed her and the constructs three times in a row and there was no flail to be found. She only drops her grimoire, her head and some random stuff (I pick pocketed the map piece earlier). Has the flail been moved to some other location or is this a bug? Any workarounds if it's bugged? 

I got the ring from the Imp and the amulet from Lady Epero without problems. I haven't tried killing Torkar yet in my current playthrough. Wiki says that he should drop a decent belt (The Maker's Own Power), but I have no recollection of ever seeing that belt during my first playthrough back when the game was released. Maybe I missed it because of a similar bug... I remember that I pick pocketed his map piece before killing him as I did now with Katrenn. Can stealing break inventories/drops for NPCs?

17 answers to this question

I killed these two very recently (probably yesterday) and got their sweet loots. Sometimes I don't actually see it on the ground but it does end up in my inventory when I mass loot. Have you checked? Else you might be on to something with your pickpocketing theory.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Nope, the flail doesn't appear in the loot window or in my inventory/stash after selecting "loot all". I could just use "GiveItem" command to get the flail since this might get fixed in one months' time or not at all. The relevant loot tables could be corrupted in my save files. 

I know that using cheats will disable steam achievements (don't care), but will it also disable the ability to gain those Berathian Blessing points? In my first playthrough I had to use console commands to fix bugs like missing BotEP parts etc. I also used a crude hack to prevent in game achievements from getting disabled just in case, but that probably won't work anymore. Does Cheat Engine or Unity Console work with Deadfire 4.01?

Hello JPK!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.  I put a report together and assigned it to the Area Design team for an investigation.  I also added the flail to your Wacher's inventory and removed the achievement blocker from the save since I had to cheat the item into your inventory.  You should see the updated save file attached the email I sent back.  If you run into any other issues like this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Thank you for the help and sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

Bug still present. Savegame prior to waiting for the spawn sent (reproducible on my end).

i just killed katrenn last night and got her loot. are you using anything special during the fight that might affect loot tables (essence interrupter, for example)

@Karnelian Did you kill her when she was using summoned weapon? I had similar problems with her and Ecccea. But killing them before they summon negated that problem completely.

Edited by Waski
  • Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

@Karnelian Did you kill her when she was using summoned weapon? I had similar problems with her and Ecccea. But killing them before they summon negated that problem completely.

That sounds possible (haven't checked for that, summon would appear in buff list iirc ?). No Essence Interrupter (reported issues with the weapon caused me to completely avoid it). Only ranged is Serafen with Hand Mortar. Of the top of my head I typically nuke her as fast as I can (3 or 4 tries) and mop up the constructs slooowly (some underpenetration issues).

that makes extreme sense to me, i wouldn't put it past the game to forget about weapon loot with summoned weapons. when I killed katrenn I managed to do it while she didn't have citzal's lance summoned.

that makes extreme sense to me, i wouldn't put it past the game to forget about weapon loot with summoned weapons. when I killed katrenn I managed to do it while she didn't have citzal's lance summoned.

Jesus christ, the amount of metagame information one needs in order to have the game go the way they want it to....never would have known about this without reading. Really ridiculous that the game has been left in this state. Game isn't friendly at all to people that don't want to dig for info.

This is still a thing. I looted the flail the first time I killed Katrenn. But after the fight I noticed that I that the city guards were hostile towards me, I accidentally must have killed a civilian or damaged a guard during the fight.

I reloaded and killed Katrenn again, but no flail. I tried to load a save further back but alas still no flail. I´m on the Steam version 5.0.0.0040 on PC if that matters. Quite annoying this :(

Edit: I went back further in the save files and loaded. I got the flail then from Katrenn, not optimal but I got it. Annoying that this bug still is in the game after all this time.

Edited by I5 20VT