Would you consider Max INT on a Single Class Rogue ?

The main advantage for me of Single Class Rogue is Vanishing Strike since it enables backstab and assassination while invisible for its duration.

Therefore would you consider Max INT for this build ?

Mig is relatively unsignificant for endgame rogue.

Con/Res is not the point of such build.
Per might not be that important due to assassination already great Acc Bonus.

Dex is a very important stat, but this leaves room for at least another maxed stat.

So why not Dex=Int>Per for stat priority for such a build ?

In addition, Int is highly beneficial for Toxic Strike, which can be optimised too on a Single Class Rogue.

So, on paper, it sounds good...

For me it's main stat for rouge, for example toxic strike with some AoE weapons can dump 1k of dmg over time on few enemies. Plenty (all?) of rouge abilities benefits from high int. With limited resources it's the best way IMHO to extract most of this class.

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

I just can't see that INT is optimal compared to MIG, DEX and PER, which are extremely effective stats for this class. Any remaining points should go into increasing survivability (probably CON).

That said, I wouldn't dump INT either, not unless I was going extreme min-max. Leave it at 10. Or maybe 7-8.

But do what you want, it's your game

Edited by Yosharian

I just can't see that INT is optimal compared to MIG, DEX and PER, which are extremely effective stats for this class. Any remaining points should go into increasing survivability (probably CON).

That said, I wouldn't dump INT either, not unless I was going extreme min-max. Leave it at 10. Or maybe 7-8.

The question was if one would consider max INT on a rogue, not if every rogue should have it. So you wouldn't even consider to max INT on a rogue no matter what?

There are lots of rogue abilities where I'd say INT is the most important stat - especially if I go the DoT/AoE route.

For lots of rogue builds MIG is fairly unimportant. Still I would consider to max it on certain other builds.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The question was if one would consider max INT on a rogue, not if every rogue should have it. So you wouldn't even consider to max INT on a rogue no matter what?

There are lots of rogue abilities where I'd say INT is the most important stat - especially if I go the DoT/AoE route.

For lots of rogue builds MIG is fairly unimportant. Still I would consider to max it on certain other builds.

You would max INT over MIG on a Rogue? No way.

Then your math is pretty bad.

INT effects AoE size of mortars and duration of Toxic Strike. Toxic Strike grows exponentially with each tick. MIG only adds additive damage to each tick.

Also in most cases the additive dmg bonus of MIG is very neglectible compared to Sneak Attack and Deathblows. MIG 10 compared to 18 is an increase in +24% additive damage. In case of a sword that's 3,84 dmg per hit. MIG is a rather ineffective dps stat. If you compare it with healing it's interesting. Then with high INT of course.

Edited by Boeroer

Then your math is pretty bad.

INT effects AoE size of mortars and duration of Toxic Strike. Toxic Strike grows exponentially with each tick. MIG only adds additive damage to each tick.

Also in most cases the additive dmg bonus of MIG is very neglectible compared to Sneak Attack and Deathblows. MIG 10 compared to 18 is an increase in +24% additive damage. In case of a sword that's 3,84 dmg per hit. MIG is a rather ineffective dps stat. If you compare it with healing it's interesting. Then with high INT of course.

Exponentially?  You mean by nature of the ability?

Edited by Yosharian

Maxing PER is good for the early game but has little impact at higher levels and as soon as you have access to acc buffs. Bosses are an exception.

Maxing DEX is always good.

Maxing PER, DEX and INT is not mutually exclusive by the way.

Exponentially? You mean by nature of the ability?

Yes. But if you didn't know that why did you say that the math wouldn't come out in favour of INT? It would already come out just because of the bigger AoE and the longer duration. Without any exponential growth.

Again: the question was not if INT is the most important stat for any rogue but if one would consider to max INT on a rogue.

If you don't even consider it you didn't understand Rogue in my opinion. Maybe I'm an arrogant prick though. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Toxic Strike would greatly benefit but I think you're better off maxing Per and then Dex.

Toxic Strike was a secondary reason though.

The main reason was the duration of Vanishing Strike invisibility which is a basically a short duration god mode.

Assassination + backstab add + 25Per, +4Pen, +100% Damages and +50% critical damages so any way to increase the duration would provide a lot of benefit to the spike DPS which is the reason for a Single Class Rogue build.

Maxing Dex is anyway a priority if one wants to max the number of strikes while invisibile.

So this is about Per vs Int. Or maybe maxing both while dumping a bit other stats.

For a "normal multiclass rogue", I wouldn't prioritarize Int over Per.

Edited by Elric Galad

Speaking of math:

INT increases duration by 5% per point.

MIG increases dmg by 3% (additive) per point.

In case of DoT the overall damage scales better with INT than with MIG. It's a 5% multiplicative damage increase per point compared to a 3% additive. Also a reason why crits work so well with DoTs: they increase duration by 50% which is a multiplicative dmg boost (instead of the rather crappy 25% additive bonus that direkt damage stuff gets).

If you're looking for efficient Guile use with DoTs you are better off maxing INT than MIG (in general). Best would be to max both though because then then INT bonus would multiply the one from MIG.

If DoTs are not your focus and you want to be a fast and accurate direct single damage (dps) rogue then of course INT is not that important - especially if other party members provide the afflictions.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Sometimes I really think I accidentally write Mandarin or something... ;)

That's because nobody said that it's the superior stat in general.

It's the superior stat when you use DoT a lot and/or if you use AoE weapons. And if you have something like Vanishing Strikes where increased duration is very beneficial.

The question was: would you consider maxing INT on a rogue? Of course.

It was not: would you consider INT to be the most important stat for any rogue? Nope. Since it depends on the build there is no most important stat for rogue in general.

Also please read again the part about math and multiplicative nature of INT with DoTs.

You said you would only consider it with Vanishing Strikes. I showed you another ability where you really should consider it. I didn't say that you should always max INT.

Edited by Boeroer