Kinda want to get this  char through POTD. Havn't played for like a year )))

So don't know all the difficulty changes. 

Is it doable? or is it just too much hasstle?

AA, AA+Devote or AA+Paly?

Planning to use Essence Interrupter as main.

Any ideas?

I wouldn't run it solo until they fix the penetration scaling issues with imbue spells as Fireball is going to be one of your primary methods to trade efficiently.  Once they do I don't think this will have too many issues on PotD but upscaled might be a bit much in some cases.  I don't think it's capable of taking on megabosses at any point.  Here's some basic theorycrafting:

• AA + Goldpact or Wizard/Blood Mage
  • Either one works well for different reasons.  Goldpact gives more armor and defenses and healing.  Wizard will give more summons, damage, CC, and buffs.  I'd probably go with Wizard personally as you are unlikely to outlast boss fights and the damage potential of Wizard is far higher than Goldpact.
  • Most dangerous portion of most fights is going to be surviving the alpha strike.  Will need to eliminate ranged and casters as fast as possible.  Melee is nothing to worry about so long as you have space.
  • Weapon Sets: Essence Interrupter, Watershaper's Focus, Scordeo's + Bronlar's Phalanx
  • Essence Interrupter covers armor holes and offers fresh bodies, Watershaper's Focus for the additional bounce when you use Imbue, and Pistol and Shield for when you need to stack as much deflection as possible.
  • Footsteps of The Beast - Will allow you to kite melee indefinitely so long as you have more stride, thus negating them entirely.
  • Consider having Kitchen Stove and Amira's Wing around for mass AoE damage.
  • Giftbearer's, DoC Cuirass, Acina's Tricorn, Ring of Marksman
Edited by guildwriter
  • Like 2

Stop I have PTSD.

[it is a good idea though - I think it will suffer a lot more though in instances where your movement is constricted.  See SSS fights and pirate ship boarding fights.]

Ship fights and spread out mob fights where you can't use objects well for positioning (like inside Hasongo lighthouse) are really hard for me on a Tactician/Blood Mage, as when I can't use terrain and other tactics to group all the mobs to flank them, I run out of resources -- need to carry a ton of healing potions and use blood mage refill spells.

If you need to group up people on ship battles here are the some locations I recommend to force enemies to group:

• A corner near the enemy helm
  • Stairs
  • If you're still using the starting sloop, a corner next to the door leading below decks

The first is good because if you kite the enemies correctly, the LoS issues will force enemies to either path right up onto the same deck as you or cluster on the stairs.  Stairs are great because there aren't many ways up to you and hit detection gets super wonky on inclines allowing you to oftentimes hit many more people than you might think.  The corner next to the door works well as it LoSes a large section of the map.

For most ship fights your priority should be to wipe out as many targets as possible before worrying about causing max flanking.  Especially the ranged units which will be spread out.  

• Like 1