[Edit]

Talk with Eothas:

Phantoms of the Lost (Starting)

First Talk (You get it, after you leave the Arena):

Chorus of the Lost (Eothas! Stop) (Distracted / Hobbled)
Sympathy for the Lost  (Reach for Lost Souls) (Distracted / Heal)
No Pity for the Lost (Search for your soul) (Distracted / Steadfast Inspiration)

Second Talk Hasongo: Nothing

Third Talk:

Mercy for the Lost (Upgrade from Symphathy of the Lost - Fit inspiration)
Commandment of the Lost (Upgrade from Chorus of the Lost) (Immobilize foes)
No Time for the Lost (Upgrade from No Pity for the Lost - Reduce hostile effect duration and increases beneficial effect duration)

Gods:

Visage of Death's Herald (Starting)

First talk:

Ire of Death's Herald (Answer Aggressive or all Passionate ~ There is only one option for aggressive and it seems, you need at least 2 major points into this disposition to work) (Might Inspiration)
Mien of Death's Herald (Answer 2x Clever +1x Diplomatic - nothing else) (Per Inspiration)
Wit of Death's Herald (Answer Passionate + Clever on the first two options, after that don't select any more disposition answers) (Int Inspiration)

Second talk (depending of what you got in the first talk):

Cruelty of Death's Herald (Have Ire first) (Answer Clever and Shady) (Might + Int Inspiration)

Cruelty of Death's Herald (Have Wit first) (Answer Aggressive and Passionate) (Int + Might Inspiration)

Awe of Death's Herald (Have Ire first) (Answer only Passionate) (Might + Per Inspiration)

Awe of Death's Herald (Have Mien first) (Answer Passionate / Aggressive) (Per + Might Inspiration)
Raiment of Death's Herald (Have Mien first) (Answer Clever and Shady) (Per + Int Inspiration)

Raiment of Death's Herald (Have Wit first) (Answer Clever and Shady) (Int + Per Inspiration)

Third talk:

Majesty of Death's Herald (Depends on what you had after the second talk ... Awe from Mien is: Answer Clever / Honest / Aggressive and Cruelty from Wit is Diplomatic / Cruel ... Raiment with Mien first is all Passionate) (Int + Might + Per Inspiration)

Edited by baldurs_gate_2
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Talk with Eothas:

Phantoms of the Lost (Starting)

First Talk (You get it, after you leave the Arena):

Chorus of the Lost (Eothas! Stop) (Distracted / Hobbled)
Sympathy for the Lost  (Reach for Lost Souls) (Distracted / Heal)
No Pity for the Lost (Search for your soul) (Distracted / Steadfast Inspiration)

Second Talk Hasongo: Nothing

Third Talk:

Mercy for the Lost (Upgrade from Symphathy of the Lost - Fit inspiration)
Commandment of the Lost (Upgrade from Chorus of the Lost) (Immobilize foes)
No Time for the Lost (Upgrade from No Pity for the Lost - Reduce hostile effect duration and increases beneficial effect duration)

Gods:

Visage of Death's Herald (Starting)

First talk:

Ire of Death's Herald (Answer Aggressive or all Passionate ~ There is only one option for aggressive and it seems, you need at least 2 major points into this disposition to work) (Might Inspiration)
Mien of Death's Herald (Answer 2x Clever +1x Diplomatic - nothing else) (Per Inspiration)
Wit of Death's Herald (Answer Passionate + Clever on the first two options, after that don't select any more disposition answers) (Int Inspiration)

Second talk (depending of what you got in the first talk):

Cruelty of Death's Herald (Have Ire first) (Answer Clever and Shady) (Might + Int Inspiration)

Cruelty of Death's Herald (Have Wit first) (Answer Aggressive and Passionate) (Int + Might Inspiration)

Awe of Death's Herald (Have Ire first) (Answer only Passionate) (Might + Per Inspiration)

Awe of Death's Herald (Have Mien first) (Answer Passionate / Aggressive) (Per + Might Inspiration)
Raiment of Death's Herald (Have Mien first) (Answer Clever and Shady) (Per + Int Inspiration)

Raiment of Death's Herald (Have Wit first) (Answer Clever and Shady) (Int + Per Inspiration)

Third talk:

Majesty of Death's Herald (Depends on what you had after the second talk ... Awe from Mien is: Answer Clever / Honest / Aggressive and Cruelty from Wit is Diplomatic / Cruel ...) (Int + Might + Per Inspiration)

Edited by baldurs_gate_2
  • Like 2

Wit of Deaths herald is .. witty remarks. I'm not sure if you need high intellect to get the answers as options, but calling Eothas for a soul magnet sucker, telling Wødica that you need the moon, et cetera will get you Wit of Deaths herald. Basically, be a smartass.

Nerf Troubadour!

Wit of Deaths herald is .. witty remarks. I'm not sure if you need high intellect to get the answers as options, but calling Eothas for a soul magnet sucker, telling Wødica that you need the moon, et cetera will get you Wit of Deaths herald. Basically, be a smartass.

It seems you have to mix passionate with clever to get it. All passionate is Ire, clever and diplomatic mien and passionate + clever wit. Probably it depends on the right answer as well.

... My KIND WAYFARER, with NO Cruel or Agressive Reputation or responses, just got 'Cruelty of Death's Herald'. What the what?

At this point, I guess we just need to hope for developer comment, or someone with the know how to crack open the game files and look for sure.

... My KIND WAYFARER, with NO Cruel or Agressive Reputation or responses, just got 'Cruelty of Death's Herald'. What the what?

At this point, I guess we just need to hope for developer comment, or someone with the know how to crack open the game files and look for sure.

Ye, to figure that out, how your disposition plays into that, is too much work. The developer has a better insight in that.

• 1 month later...

For some reason I cannot find any of the passive watcher abilities... any idea why this might be happening? I am on the latest patch, and seems all my previous saves are missing these, too. 

Could someone show where exactly I can see these passive abilities listed? That seems to be really fishy. 

Thanks in advance! 

For some reason I cannot find any of the passive watcher abilities... any idea why this might be happening? I am on the latest patch, and seems all my previous saves are missing these, too. 

Could someone show where exactly I can see these passive abilities listed? That seems to be really fishy. 

Thanks in advance! 

They are active, not passive. You have to use them in a fight. And if you give the "wrong" answers, you can even not get to upgrade them.

• 1 month later...

In my recent game, I had Mien of Death's Herald, which grants "aware" instead of "insightful" after the second talk to the gods. After I read this topic I loaded a previous save to get the "Upgrade", Raiment of Death's Herald.

But Raiment of Death's Herald can only give me insightful + smart (both tier1 buff). So I assume that the actual effect of such abilities would depend on the game process. That means the "unupgraded" version will grant tier2 inspiration after second talk and tier3 after third talk. If that is true then an "upgrade" is not always better.

I don't understand.

You mean

Insightful -->  Insightful + Smart (+5 PER, +5 INT)

is not as good as 

Insightful --> Aware (+5 PER, +50% Graze to Hit conversion)

(which I would not agree to)?

Or that one tier-3 is better than two tier-1 (which might be the case)?

Won't the two tier-1 version get upgraded at some point as well? Or are you stuck with that one? 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't understand.

You mean

Insightful -->  Insightful + Smart (+5 PER, +5 INT)

is not as good as 

Insightful --> Aware (+5 PER, +50% Graze to Hit conversion)

(which I would not agree to)?

Or that one tier-3 is better than two tier-1 (which might be the case)?

Won't the two tier-1 version get upgraded at some point as well? Or are you stuck with that one? 

The tier1 and some tier2 inspirations are quite common, it is easy to find items with those buffs, and any of your priest companions can do the job well. But tier3 buff is much more powerful and hard to get. Say if I want intuitive(good hit to crit chance), I think the only (stable) way is to choose fighter class. 

I just found out, the actuall effect depends on how many "points" the player has got during the talks. 

For example if I choose all perception oriented dialogs in the 3 cutscenes, I will have enough points to unlock the intuitive version of Mien of Death's Herald.  But if I only choose dialogs without personality points after I obtained the insightful version, it will not be upgraded to higher tiers.

So there is one thing I need to mention: this ability, although with unchanged icon, has its own upgrade in all 3 directions, which can grant powerful tier3 buffs.

I don't know if it is possible to gain 2 (or 3) buffs and make some of them to tier2(or even tier3?), since the exact point number granted by different dialogs is still unclear to me.  

Edited by zczczc1680

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Yosharian said:

Plus if you follow this guide but stay silent for some of the options then you don't get what the guide lists

Hmmm. So it seems there is no guiding thread to gain a tier 3 inspiration ... maybe I will start a testrun.

• Thanks 1

I wish I'd paid attention to exactly what I'd done, but following the "passionate and clever" options, and also choosing wisecracking options not otherwise attached to reputations (if those make any difference, who knows?), but I did indeed obtain Acute after the second, and Brilliant after the third god conversation in my current playthrough. I quick-tested my choices after the fact by casting the ability on a crew member after each god convo to verify that the inspiration upgraded.

So it's possible, and next time I'll be sure to write down the full series of conversation choices.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wotcha said:

I wish I'd paid attention to exactly what I'd done, but following the "passionate and clever" options, and also choosing wisecracking options not otherwise attached to reputations (if those make any difference, who knows?), but I did indeed obtain Acute after the second, and Brilliant after the third god conversation in my current playthrough. I quick-tested my choices after the fact by casting the ability on a crew member after each god convo to verify that the inspiration upgraded.

So it's possible, and next time I'll be sure to write down the full series of conversation choices.  

Would be great, Wotcha. I'll try it with your passionate-clever-wisecracking-combo;).

Thanks for all this work!

Am I understanding the options correctly, then? 

First Conversation: Option to choose specific responses and gain an inspiration themed to those responses (PER, INT, or MIG). 

Second Conversation: Option to choose the same theme responses and gain a tier 2 inspiration of the same kind OR answer differently and get a second inspiration added. 

Third Conversation: Option to choose the same as first, second, and get a tier 3 inspiration of the same kind OR answer differently and get a third inspiration added. (Can you answer here and get the 2 inspirations upgraded to tier 2)

• Like 1