One thing I'm noticing is that flank-immune enemies like Eoten Dwellers are really messing up my Tactician / Blood Mage, as in large groups (like Nemnok lair) the whole map gets aggro'd on pull and so many mobs come that I run out of resources before I can kill the Eotens, since they prevent me from getting Brilliant and are tough to take down (I think they self buff and heal). Pretty frustrated at the moment.

Goona try sage again. Droped it a while ago for pure wizard op. Will try 6/16/18/18/16/4 masohist melee hellwalker/blood mage. Not sure if it will be as fun as pure wizard madness

What are some good items to work towards for a warlock (bloodmage / furyshaper) so that I can really take advantage of the unlimited spells and go spam happy.  Basically trying to get my action speed as high as possible, recovery speed low, and complimentary weapons / shields.

Also, anyone have their favorite spells to go constantly refresh? I'm enjoying the missile type spells.

Well i try PotD solo run with Loremaster - skald/blood mage and i must to say its realy fun and strong build..

I have 10 STR, use large shield, put buffs spells and chill fog on start and then Thrice was she wrong ..(no summons at all..)

very solid run, i finish port maje easy.

I guess with chanter never was a problem .. am i right?

Sure, because single class Monk with Whispers of the Wind is the most effective Chanter you can use to build the best Blood Mage.

That build tastes best if you replace it with a Herald right before serving...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sure, because single class Monk with Whispers of the Wind is the most effective Chanter you can use to build the best Blood Mage.

I not realy understand how the monk single class with ability Whispers of the Wind connect to the blood mage ?

Or its only example of easy solid build solo PoTD?

I not realy understand how the monk single class with ability Whispers of the Wind connect to the blood mage ?

Boeroer was making a joke referring to Marigoldran and their obsession with suggesting single class monks with "Whispers of the Wind" or Heralds (paladin/chanter) as the solution for everything in the game. Even in threads like this where Marigoldran's advice is completely out of place and unwarranted.

• Like 1

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

Boeroer was making a joke referring to Marigoldran and their obsession with suggesting single class monks with "Whispers of the Wind" or Heralds (paladin/chanter) as the solution for everything in the game. Even in threads like this where Marigoldran's advice is completely out of place and unwarranted.

Okay now I get why I got monk so fervently recommended.

So I want to jump onto this bandwagon as well and play a Tactician/Blood Mage.

I plan to play with these stats:

(BB)

M: 8 -> (10)

C: 8 -> (10)

D: 18 -> (20)

P: 18 - > (20)

I: 18 -> (20)

R: 8 -> (10)

I don't want to use Citzals but Rather use a normal Weapon. I'm not sure what to use here, maybe Whispers of the Endless Paths?

I kinda want to frontline put out some control spells maybe damage spells and skill attacks inbetween.

Would this be okay? Maybe Min RES and more into either CON or STR? Any Gear/Weapon tips for me? I'm super lost on which armor and weapon I should use.

Edit: After thinking about it I should maybe use "Gipon Prudensco" for the "cannot be flanked" enchant. Still makes me wonder about a good weapon choice.

Edited by Rimiu

(BB)

I don't want to use Citzals but Rather use a normal Weapon. I'm not sure what to use here, maybe Whispers of the Endless Paths?

I kinda want to frontline put out some control spells maybe damage spells and skill attacks inbetween.

Would this be okay? Maybe Min RES and more into either CON or STR? Any Gear/Weapon tips for me? I'm super lost on which armor and weapon I should use.

Edit: After thinking about it I should maybe use "Gipon Prudensco" for the "cannot be flanked" enchant. Still makes me wonder about a good weapon choice.

RES is absolute trash. Dump it.

• Like 1

(BB)

I don't want to use Citzals but Rather use a normal Weapon. I'm not sure what to use here, maybe Whispers of the Endless Paths?

RES is absolute trash. Dump it.

I posted my starting and lvl 20 stats for Tactician/BloodMage in the other Theorycrafting thread, FYI.

• Like 1

The great thing about the internet is there's no facial cues, so if a person is being sarcastic everyone else will think they're being serious.  

I'm wondering though: as bloodmage tactician how are you supposed to solo splintered reef? or kill Nemnok's Eatons? 

Edited by Marigoldran

I posted my starting and lvl 20 stats for Tactician/BloodMage in the other Theorycrafting thread, FYI.

Hey thanks, I found out Victors stat spread by watching his video and gameplay.

It actually differs a tiny bit from yours.

MIG: 15 (17)

CON: 8 (10)

DEX: 20 (22)

PER: 14 (16)

INT: 18 (20)

RES: 3 (5)

I'm rewatching his stream for some tactics and stuff. It starts at 02:43:35

Hey thanks, I found out Victors stat spread by watching his video and gameplay.

It actually differs a tiny bit from yours.

MIG: 15 (17)

CON: 8 (10)

DEX: 20 (22)

PER: 14 (16)

INT: 18 (20)

RES: 3 (5)

I'm rewatching his stream for some tactics and stuff. It starts at 02:43:35

I'll go back and check. I think there were only little differences related to starting +1 buffs. Some of it had to do with my knowing I would start with Sagani blood-pool sacrifice bonus (not sure he did), as well as Gift of the Machine.  I also got the Savage Cunning buff from Gawain's quest (you don't fight the Kraken).  

I'll go back and check. I think there were only little differences related to starting +1 buffs. Some of it had to do with my knowing I would start with Sagani blood-pool sacrifice bonus (not sure he did), as well as Gift of the Machine.  I also got the Savage Cunning buff from Gawain's quest (you don't fight the Kraken).  

I linked the time point where he creates the character from scratch.

So I posted an album of pics of my stats and gear and talents for solo POTD Tactician/BloodMage at 20:

https://imgur.com/a/s5broOf

(as noted by Boeroer, this build is largely based on the one Victor Creed / Raven Darkholme streamed on Youtube and twitch, though I had to fill in some gaps).

Starting stats were

15/8/18/13/18/3 -- Pale Elf (for +4 AR fire/cold), Deadfire Archepelago (+1 Dex in the stats), and Hunter (+1 mech/suvival/alchemy)

I started off with points in Bluff (till about 12) and Mechanics, with a few in stealth/ath, and then respecc'd into Mechanics/Stealth/Ath and Metaphysics and a bit in survival. You can see the stat spread in the album.  I also pushed Arcana to 8 to use some key scrolls including Plague of Insects.

Also using various permanent stat bonuses as described here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101300-guide-permanent-bonuses-approach-for-a-no-rest-run/

-- Sagani blood pool sacrifice (+1 Per. +2 acc > 4m)

-- Infamous Captain (I got a mutiny early on)

-- Gift of the Machine (+1 Might, +5% health)

-- Savage Cunning (+1 Per, +2 survival)

And then I ultimately loaded up on the remaining no-rest bonuses as described on the link above.

Mid-levels were a bit weak and I frankly shoudl have learned how to do ship combat to get Gipon Prudensco earlier (vs. Boarding, since the fight is lvl 19).  I used Squid's Grasp early on for a long time (bought it at Treasure Trove in Dunnage using my BB money).

For spells, I largely tried to use grimoires to free up power pics -- I'm carrying around Ninagauth's Teachings (my main damage dealer) and Llen Martial Masteries (for buffing)... Some spells I took and barely use, like Wizard's Double and Arduos Delay of Motion.  I took Concelhaut Draining Touch just to use it before summoning Phantasm, but I barely use it. I took Maura's Tentacles just because I saw Victor Creed using them to heal in a fight (hitting them with Draining Missiles from Iron-Clasped Grim). 

I probably could have taken fewer of these spells and instead gone up a tier in fighter abilities to Refreshing Defense and Unbending Trunk -- I figured I had enough resources to keep clicking Vigorous Defense myself, but it's annoying (only lasts about 30 secs).  I did take Fearless in the fighter tree because being feared really annoys me and I wasn't sure  that Captain's Banquet (my perma food buff) gives immunity to it -- they're resolve afflictions and Cap Banq does Intellect/Percep/Resolve, so I'll likely respec this out into the one vs. dexterity afflictions (getting paralyzed sucks).  I need to go respec.  I'll probably dump Charge too -- I got it mainly for combat mobility once I went no-rest and Gipon (vs. Squid's Grasp's 1/rest teleport), but frankly in the battles if I need to move around, I probably planned badly and will die anyway.  I may well dump the Arduous Delay debuff as well.  Not sure what else to pick up.

The only fights that have been really hard are ones where I can't flank all mobs, either the because the game considers some in combat that don't show / come to me, or they are flank immune.  Well, that and some magic-mobs that dampener me and then hit with paralyzes etc.  I found Plague of Insects really helpful in amping dps vs. those tougher mobs as noted in my other post, like Eoten Dwellers and Ancient Lich Battlemage.  Fampyr Cave was really easy.  Only hard part of Splintered Reef was the Sea-Lashed Crypt entrance area with TONS of mobs that ultimately were paralyzing me (I think because of Dampener).  Gonna run thru BoW and FS and see how it goes.

Final thoughts for now:

1) on POTD, the accuracy penalty from large sheild (Cadhu Scalth) and Tactician penalty for a mob not being attacked by an ally (Phantasm acounts) gives a total of -13 acc, which is material esp vs boss-level targets.   Even casting Phantasm you're still at -8 using the shield.  I need to figure out more +acc items.

2) Swapping out pets / gear for specific fights also really helps - like for Jadaferlas fight to stack +AR for fire and fire-to-health items.  As does running / splitting where you can.

3) I only self-buffed with Red hand to 10% damage taken/received as I was afraid that 20% received would be too much.  But I think I should probably go all in. 

Edited by brasilgringo