Hi everyone,

I'm wondering on what your thoughts are for Troubadour vs Beckoner in a Herald multiclass? 

I want a strong tank/support character very similar to the healing wall that does the majority of its damage through summons. I will probably be dumping perception as I don't see auto-attacks or offensive active abilities playing much of a role in the damage/benefit the character provides (which would mostly be from summons) unless anyone has a good reasons not to?

Basically I kind of want to run the inverse of the Classic PoE1 Dragon Thrashed tank, except they provide defensive benefits rather than offensive one.

I think from the time that the healing wall build was written Beckoner has been nerfed (Summon Invocations +1 Cost) and there have been various other balance changes to the game. I haven't played since the second week the game was released, so haven't touched any of the DLCs etc ...

Personally Beckoner still seems like quite a strong contender because of the Phrases regained from Sasha's Singing Scimitar, as you'd be able to drop an empowered summon at the start of each fight.

On the other hand Troubador seems like the more consistent and versatile choice, with stronger (but less) summons and twice the amount of phrases overall. 

Your thoughts welcome! Maybe a pure Beckoner or Troubadour is the better choice overall?

Edited by Livegood118

I vote Troubadour (unless you have somebody in the party who uses Grave Calling). Brisk Recitation is just too good.

If you want to use Sasha's anyway single class Troubadour ist an option as well - but not for empowered summons but because of empowered Eld Nary's Curse.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Summonend creatures scale with char level, not Power Level. Only summoning duration will increase with Power Level. So don't empower a summoning invocation. It's def. not worth it. Empower an offensive invocation or a healing one, that's a better use of your empower points.

So yeah, summons do scale will with multiclass Chanters. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Summonend creatures scale with char level, not Power Level. Only summoning duration will increase with Power Level. So don't empower a summoning invocation. It's def. not worth it. Empower an offensive invocation or a healing one, that's a better use of your empower points.

So yeah, summons do scale will with multiclass Chanters. :)

Very interesting - thanks.