It should have. Both things give you resistance against INT afflictions which did remove Berserker's Confusion in previous game versions. So either it got patched out or you are encountering a bug.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Dang!

That's rulebreaking though. A resistance should downgrade an affliction no matter what.

If you don't want that as a Dev you should rename the Berserker Confusion so something else (madness or whatever) and don't make it an INT afflicton.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Dang!

That's rulebreaking though. A resistance should downgrade an affliction no matter what.

If you don't want that as a Dev you should rename the Berserker Confusion so something else (madness or whatever) and don't make it an INT afflicton.

seems to be working same as normal in our game. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ha - thanks. Good news.

So maybe bug. Or a hickup. Any mods installed that may mess up things?

No its a pure game with all DLC-s

am never using devil  o' caroc breastplate, so cannot speak to its efficacy in 4.0.  svef and spells such as litany for the spirit were working for one o' our shaman builds as o' a couple days ago... will check later.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps (update) did a quick level-up o' a new shaman created post 4.0, jic is a bug which affects new characters.  prayer for the spirit and litany o' the spirit counter confusion as one would predict.  am honest not knowing the item code for svef as have never used the code. will check later.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just created a Berserker in an existing game where I had the DoC enchanted and it works just as it always did.  Frenzy causes Confusion which is immediately canceled by the DoC.  Don't know if it would be different in a brand new game, but there is no reason to think that it would be.