New information

They just announced it not long ago, right? I wouldn't trust it even if they had a hard fast release date. There's no way they're hitting a solid target that far out. I mean, if Electronic Arts or whoever owns them set a hard date and said, "release it not, that's an order!" they might get it out on time, but I would be suspicious of the quality in those circumstances.

χαίρετε

They just announced it not long ago, right? I wouldn't trust it even if they had a hard fast release date. There's no way they're hitting a solid target that far out. I mean, if Electronic Arts or whoever owns them set a hard date and said, "release it not, that's an order!" they might get it out on time, but I would be suspicious of the quality in those circumstances.

Game has been in works for a while now. 2019 doesn't seem like impossible release, though I wouldn't complain if it stipped to 2020. 

That said, if possible, Obsidian might want to cash in on the gap in the market. However, better to release a presantable game rather than rush it. 

• Like 2

Game has been in works for a while now. 2019 doesn't seem like impossible release, though I wouldn't complain if it slipped to 2020. 

2019 feels likely if only due to the fact that they're already putting in ad buys for The Outer Worlds.  I can't recall many games paying for advertisements with an ETA of a year or more.

Given the state of the hands-on demos following the reveal, a summer target seems likely, but it's still far enough out that there's no reason for anyone to commit to a day/week/month/quarter.

• Like 1

Speaking of ad buys, yesterday I wasted two precious holiday hours, watching like 4 Fallout 76 debacle videos, and in two of them, the bought ads were for Outer Worlds with the full-on trailer!

:lol:

So clever. For once, Obsidian will perhaps get proper marketing for one of their new IPs. 

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Game was soft leaked about 2 years ago and it probably started half earlier to year earlier. Baring tech problems, they should be close to an alpha state.

• Like 1

Indeed, it seems that the development started in 2015, which is therefore reasonable for a release during the year.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I hope there will be a box edition (why not collector with stuff unnecessarily necessary) ...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Same, do you have some ?

The game is probably further along that we think. It's not uncommon to give very little info before releasing a game just like that. Devs are being more aware about releasing info in moderation.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

And given the success of the trailer and the excitement given by this one, they have to consider how best to sell the title ... and maybe review their way of doing things.

Yeah I saw an advert for it on YouTube already.

Yeah, saw quite a few of those. One of the very few ads that I don't skip.

Yeah I was pretty shocked. I wonder if MS are actually giving some marketing dosh towards it? Since Deadfire had 0 money on marketing.

And yeah I think that and the Google Home Alone advert are the only adverts i haven't skipped all 2018.

nowt

Yeah I was pretty shocked. I wonder if MS are actually giving some marketing dosh towards it? Since Deadfire had 0 money on marketing.

And yeah I think that and the Google Home Alone advert are the only adverts i haven't skipped all 2018.

Take-2 is sharing a wee bit of the Red Dead 2 sweet sweet good bars.

I also saw a YouTube ad for it last month-ish. I think it was like right after the game awards show though. Haven't seen anything since.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...