So How Do You Kill a herald with 19 armor and 160+ Deflection?

You're wrong, see, I don't assume all people will like to read about it.  Only some people will or do, most won't.  

And for the ones who don't care, why should I care about their opinion of my posts? Besides, my advice is good. Single class monks and heralds ARE the easiest and noobiest way to beat the game at POTD upscaled.  

What people underestimate is the power of repetition.  If you repeat an idea enough times, OTHERS START DOING IT, TOO.  You can already see it happening.  It's great.  

Edited by Marigoldran

First,use single handed club -25will.

Second,cast Arkemyr's Wondrous Torment -40will&10def.

Third,

cast Expose Weakness -2ar&10def.

Forth,cast Ryngrim's Enervating Terror counter regeneration.

Fifth,cast Curse of Blackened Sight -1ar&10def .

Done.

A well build lvl20 MC wizard have at least 120 spell acc,with Eldritch Aim it will not too difficult.

If you can't kill a single mob with just 16ar&130def,there is something really wrong with your team.

• Like 1

1. The club misses.because of the 160+ deflection

2.  The Wondrous Torment misses because of the 130+ Will stat.

3.  Expose Weakness hits because of luck.  But it's not enough.

4.  Enervating Terror might work assuming it can hit in the first place.  But it runs out, so your other spells better kill before it does

5.  Debuffing her armor is pointless because she has 19 armor with Stoic Steel so you'll always underpenetrate no matter what you do.  

6. Finally, debuffs only work IF YOU CAN HIT WITH THE DEBUFFS IN THE FIRST PLACE.  On a char with 130+ defenses or higher across the board, you're going to find that difficult.  

The good news is she doesn't do any damage.  But what are you supposed to do to kill her and end the fight? You can't even DOT her with a Gouging Strike or Brand Enemy because she auto-heals herself.  

Edited by Marigoldran

First,use single handed club -25will.

Second,cast Arkemyr's Wondrous Torment -40will&10def.

Third,

cast Expose Weakness -2ar&10def.

Forth,cast Ryngrim's Enervating Terror counter regeneration.

Fifth,cast Curse of Blackened Sight -1ar&10def .

Done.

A well build lvl20 MC wizard have at least 120 spell acc,with Eldritch Aim it will not too difficult.

If you can't kill a single mob with just 16ar&130def,there is something really wrong with your team.

If you really want to make it reliable, bust out a Ranger/Wizard and buff them with all sorts of +accuracy bonuses.  It'll be like they don't have any defenses at all.

You're wrong, see, I don't assume all people will like to read about it. Only some people will or do, most won't.

And for the ones who don't care, why should I care about their opinion of my posts? Besides, my advice is good. Single class monks and heralds ARE the easiest and noobiest way to beat the game at POTD upscaled.

What people underestimate is the power of repetition. If you repeat an idea enough times, OTHERS START DOING IT, TOO. You can already see it happening. It's great.

You don't get the point. It's ok to recommend stuff, even multiple times - when it fits a topic or a question. Putting it everywhere (and even open multiple fake help threads which are only there to boast about how awesome your build is) - that's when you start to look like a pretentious phoney begging for attention. If you think this is necessary then please go ahead.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You don't get the point. It's ok to recommend stuff, even multiple times - when it fits a topic or a question. Putting it everywhere (and even open multiple fake help threads which are only there to boast about how awesome your build is) - that's when you start to look like a pretentious phoney begging for attention. If you think this is necessary then please go ahead.

You're a better person than I am Boeroer.

Edited by guildwriter
  • Like 4

Don't know why they're annoyed.  My points are valid, and if people find it repetitive they can just skip it.  I'm not using personal insults or anything.  

They don't have to get annoyed if they choose not to, and I'm not insulting them.  

Edited by Marigoldran

2. The Wondrous Torment misses because of the 130+ Will stat.

3. Expose Weakness hits because of luck. But it's not enough.

4. Enervating Terror might work assuming it can hit in the first place. But it runs out, so your other spells better kill before it does

5. Debuffing her armor is pointless because she has 19 armor with Stoic Steel so you'll always underpenetrate no matter what you do.

6. Finally, debuffs only work IF YOU CAN HIT WITH THE DEBUFFS IN THE FIRST PLACE. On a char with 130+ defenses or higher across the board, you're going to find that difficult.

The good news is she doesn't do any damage. But what are you supposed to do to kill her and end the fight? You can't even DOT her with a Gouging Strike or Brand Enemy because she auto-heals herself.

No offense,but I'm not sure you really understand how acc works.

let's see a Arcane Knight with 20per.

melee acc(devotion flame):20base+57lvl+10per+5aware+15weapon+5aura+3gloves+20devotion flame+10Ring of Focused Flame+12single handed+3Svef=160

you can change 12acc(single hand)for 2attacks(two weapon).With aware(50%graze to hit),the hit chance is more than 70%.

Your will is lower than 110,Now.

spell acc(Wondrous Torment):

20base+57lvl+10per+5aware+5aura+3gloves+10ability bonus+3Svef+2Potion of Ascension+7Fighting Spirit+3sky dragon pet=125

With aware(50%graze to hit),the hit chance is more than 75%.

After that,ALL will attacks always hit or cri.

Your def is 130,now.

Arcane Knight casts Citzal's Martial Power.

melee acc(normal)=138

Dual Wield Scordeo's Edge&Tarn's Respite,acc+20&def-10 after 10hits.

Your def is 120,now.

melee acc(devotion flame)=188.

There is always hit,and 70%cri.

Scordeo pen=7base+4legendary+1Scion of Flame+2food=14

Tarn pen is 15(+1cold iron)

when cri,it is 21.

Your ar is 15(19-2expose weakness-1blind-1plate aura).

Lvl20 Arcane Knight has 14~15devotion flames with empower,that means more than 1000 output.

There is brand enemy and weakness(Enervating Terror)counter your heal ability.

If Blade Cascade works,the combat will end immediately.If not,we may need a test.But all above is in a 1vs1 combat.

I can't kill a REALLY GOOD Herald in 1vs1 combat. But 160def&130will just far from GOOD.

19AR means you have probably 15 crush/shock. The Black Plate and Sungrazer can lower crush to 13 which can be penetrated rather easily with Hot Razor Skewers without needing any modals or debuffs. With 160 deflection let's say half of the attacks will miss/graze you while you're healing 20hp every 3s (Ancient Memory + Exalted Endurance) - a party shouldn't have any difficulty to kill you just by using crush weapons...

2. The Wondrous Torment misses because of the 130+ Will stat.

3. Expose Weakness hits because of luck. But it's not enough.

4. Enervating Terror might work assuming it can hit in the first place. But it runs out, so your other spells better kill before it does

5. Debuffing her armor is pointless because she has 19 armor with Stoic Steel so you'll always underpenetrate no matter what you do.

6. Finally, debuffs only work IF YOU CAN HIT WITH THE DEBUFFS IN THE FIRST PLACE. On a char with 130+ defenses or higher across the board, you're going to find that difficult.

The good news is she doesn't do any damage. But what are you supposed to do to kill her and end the fight? You can't even DOT her with a Gouging Strike or Brand Enemy because she auto-heals herself.

No offense,but I'm not sure you really understand how acc works.

let's see a Arcane Knight with 20per.

melee acc(devotion flame):20base+57lvl+10per+5aware+15weapon+5aura+3gloves+20devotion flame+10Ring of Focused Flame+12single handed+3Svef=160

you can change 12acc(single hand)for 2attacks(two weapon).With aware(50%graze to hit),the hit chance is more than 70%.

Your will is lower than 110,Now.

spell acc(Wondrous Torment):

20base+57lvl+10per+5aware+5aura+3gloves+10ability bonus+3Svef+2Potion of Ascension+7Fighting Spirit+3sky dragon pet=125

With aware(50%graze to hit),the hit chance is more than 75%.

After that,ALL will attacks always hit or cri.

Your def is 130,now.

Arcane Knight casts Citzal's Martial Power.

melee acc(normal)=138

Dual Wield Scordeo's Edge&Tarn's Respite,acc+20&def-10 after 10hits.

Your def is 120,now.

melee acc(devotion flame)=188.

There is always hit,and 70%cri.

Scordeo pen=7base+4legendary+1Scion of Flame+2food=14

Tarn pen is 15(+1cold iron)

when cri,it is 21.

Your ar is 15(19-2expose weakness-1blind-1plate aura).

Lvl20 Arcane Knight has 14~15devotion flames with empower,that means more than 1000 output.

There is brand enemy and weakness(Enervating Terror)counter your heal ability.

If Blade Cascade works,the combat will end immediately.If not,we may need a test.But all above is in a 1vs1 combat.

I can't kill a REALLY GOOD Herald in 1vs1 combat. But 160def&130will just far from GOOD.

Well, yes, but note the large number of steps required.  

No one's going to bother reading it because it's like 20 lines long.  

Edited by Marigoldran

I'll do what I want and as long as it doesn't annoy people too much then it's not a problem.  

Excellent.  Why should I care? 

Again, why should I listen to anyone who hates me? In fact, if you hate me that would only encourage me to do the opposite of whatever it is that you want.

Does this count as irony? Or is it just plain old hypocrisy?

• Like 1

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies