Romance interests

One thing that I loved in the original game was the character development, and the romance plots. That in itself had me playing twice more to try to get both Carth and Bastila's relationship with my character to the highest it could go. Is there plans to put romance plots in the sequel?

Guest saberglow

I hope so. I also hope that you can see the kiss and that there'll be more than a simple "I love you" from Carth at the very end of the game. You can romance Bastila fully when you got the 2nd star map but Carth.........I was so mad!

I definitely hope there are romance interests. It really added another dimension to the game. I also totally agree with saberglow.

It does torque me off to think that just five years later that the only surviving jedi is some person that's been hanging out on the outer rim.

Since love is not for the jedi, I was hoping that Bastila and (male) Revan, would probably have left together for the outer rim and had a couple of kids. The acceptance of the kids, as 20 year olds, by the jedi council could have been a setting for KOTOR 3. (I all ready think KOTOR 2 will be a hit!). Too bad it looks like Bastila and/or Revan will be killed off for KOTOR 2. :angry:

KOTOR 2 would be really cool if it could read a saved game from KOTOR 1 so it could get the history that the player created for themself.

Mira seems like she probably would be the love interest of the new male jedi character. That could be interesting.

That is what I have been trying to say cronanfett315!!! I was hoping that the game would read your KOTOR save file and have the game based off of the actions and quests you completed in KOTOR. I really wanted to have KOTOR 2 be played by ALL of the original cast. That way the story could continue. Carth could go to Telos and see his son and maybe Mission would find her brother somewhere. Plus I wanted to have Bastilla and Revon get married. Then you could travel the Galaxy with ur wife and get even FARTHER into the plot of the original KOTOR.

I don't like how the story for KOTOR 2 is going. I am getting the feeling that Revon and Bastilla will be killed off in KOTOR 2. The Ebon Hawk is ABANDONED!!!

AND T3-M4 AND HK-47 are no longer with their master. REVON!!! I HIGHLY doubt that AFTER all of the sith and other enemies I took out (8 versus 1 sometimes) and still survived thay a couple of SITH ASSASIANS would be able to take REVON and the crew out!

Plus Zaalbar has a lifedept so he would still stick with Revon and Carth is loyal so he would too. Where Zaalbar goes Mission follows. The droids would still be with their master. Juhani is also loyal. Jolee gets free room and board so he would stick around also. Canderous feels that it is an honor to serve with you so he would stay for th "glory" of battle.

As I CLEARLY stated in my "OBSIDIAN REALLY PISSES ME OFF" thread.......... I don't like where they are going with the game. I might rent it but that is it!

I thought romances were good aswell, though they should be done much better and have game mechanic advantages and disadvantages. Not just game mechanics, but also a better romance plot overall, and no blacked out kiss scenes.... And a more sincear relationship, less of the whole far too overused forbidden love plot.

As for the whole revan and the gang thing, yeah that would have been better, a direct LS continuation that could be put in the same setting as TSL, but with the old cast and some new cast. Could work for a plot with one of the sith lords such as sion, which could be one of the jedi that served under revans command and died on a mission, then blaming revan. Get rid of T3, Canderous (sorry to Ordo fans but he's not all too important), juhani (she's ugly, she's whiny, she's a lesbian) and keep mission, zaalbar, hk-47, mabey a cameo by Jolee, then new characters. Not nessisarily marrige with bastila, but as a possible late romance option that could work, or have a relationship with atris, the white haired woman from the concept art. But I don't mind the whole change of cast so much anymore, though I wish they had left T3 out of the game, he's an R2D2 replicant without any sort of personality and is worthless in all situations. Replace him with a more interesting character

Note that this post is not intended as a flame, and all that is stated here is simply opinions.

Another thing, dragontamer, this is Obsidian's forum, free speach is irrelivent

It's too late to change the main direction of the game, so why bother? You can either work with the system and maybe get somewhere, or work against the system and go nowhere.

That being said, I believe there'll be some more romancin' in KOTOR 2. It isn't immediately evident I suppose, but a lot of the original trilogy is influenced by love, camaraderie, & romance and things like that, so it fits.

I find it particully hilarious that Obsidian Entertainment didn't let us get involved in the suggestion stage earlier on in the game devolpment. I literally know at least 15 people in my community that agreed with me. (On the fact that Obsidian should have kept the story going with the original cast. How can it be a sequal if the previous charaters have little to nothing to do with the main plot).

And just imagine that for those 15 people I know, there is another 15 people just like them somewhere in the world.

15-15-15-15-15-15-15

The cycle continues.

You get the point! Obsidian probably screwed their reputation pretty badly on this project. Sure the game will be cool but, they shouldn't have messed with the original stroy. They could have added things and tweaked things but.... Well I guess that is enough I am sure a lot of you agree with me.

I was hoping that the game would read your KOTOR save file and have the game based off of the actions and quests you completed in KOTOR.

And what of those who haven't played KOTOR 1 and have no save file? What if a person has multiple save files? What if that save file contained cheats? I'm a little skeptical to the whole "survey" thing also, but using a save file doesn't seem like it would work out too well, in my opinion.

I also think that some type of romance in KOTOR II is pretty much a given. I just hope the romances are a lot more intricate than the romances were in KOTOR I, even if they're not between your character and another. They do sometimes help to make you have more of a connection and care more (or hate in some cases) about the other characters when there's a romance involved. As for seeing a kiss in first person... that would be a little awkard. It might give the same impression if someone were to make out with a window with someone staring at them from the other side. It would probably work otherwise (in a cinematic, maybe), though.

The romance in the original KOTOR consisted of saying a series of inane pickup lines like you were taking the class s1ut in high school to Taco Bell. It sucked. Hopefully they made it better this time around. The only incentive to do it was to hear Jennifer Hale's sultry voice slide through those dialogue lines.

Those who want their choices from the original KOTOR determine the choices in KOTOR 2. What happens if your KOTOR 1 save shut you out of some quests in KOTOR 2? Then you will have to play KOTOR 1 ALL OVER again so you can play KOTOR 2 again. And think about how much scripting will have to be done to acommodate for all that.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

That is what I have been trying to say cronanfett315!!! I was hoping that the game would read your KOTOR save file and have the game based off of the actions and quests you completed in KOTOR. I really wanted to have KOTOR 2 be played by ALL of the original cast. That way the story could continue. Carth could go to Telos and see his son and maybe Mission would find her brother somewhere. Plus I wanted to have Bastilla and Revon get married. Then you could travel the Galaxy with ur wife and get even FARTHER into the plot of the original KOTOR.

I don't like how the story for KOTOR 2 is going. I am getting the feeling that Revon and Bastilla will be killed off in KOTOR 2. The Ebon Hawk is ABANDONED!!!

AND T3-M4 AND HK-47 are no longer with their master. REVON!!! I HIGHLY doubt that AFTER all of the sith and other enemies I took out (8 versus 1 sometimes) and still survived thay a couple of SITH ASSASIANS would be able to take REVON and the crew out!

Plus Zaalbar has a lifedept so he would still stick with Revon and Carth is loyal so he would too. Where Zaalbar goes Mission follows. The droids would still be with their master. Juhani is also loyal. Jolee gets free room and board so he would stick around also. Canderous feels that it is an honor to serve with you so he would stay for th "glory" of battle.

As I CLEARLY stated in my "OBSIDIAN REALLY PISSES ME OFF" thread.......... I don't like where they are going with the game. I might rent it but that is it!

I could not agree with you more, DraGontamer. It feels horrible to go through all the work of character development just to have them thrown away. I like your ideas, too. They are really similar to mine.

I also think that reading from a saved game would be easy if Bioware shared some of their code with Obsidian. I'm a developer, and it is pretty easy if you know what to look for.

I find it particully hilarious that Obsidian Entertainment didn't let us get involved in the suggestion stage earlier on in the game devolpment. I literally know at least 15 people in my community that agreed with me. (On the fact that Obsidian should have kept the story going with the original cast. How can it be a sequal if the previous charaters have little to nothing to do with the main plot).

Maybe there will be KOTOR 1.5 to continue the story, but I doubt it would be too interesting to play because the storyline of KOTOR 2 will ruin it.

And what of those who haven't played KOTOR 1 and have no save file? What if a person has multiple save files? What if that save file contained cheats? I'm a little skeptical to the whole "survey" thing also, but using a save file doesn't seem like it would work out too well, in my opinion.

I think that the "survey" would be the only option for players who do not have a KOTOR 1 save file.

The game should be developed to allow a user to choose a particular save file. This would accomodate multiple backgrounds for the history. The use of a saved game import utility would be completely optional (if I was developing for Obsidian).

I think that if the save contains cheats, then it is the risk of the user of whether or not they want to try and use the file.

I think that the "survey" would be the only option for players who do not have a KOTOR 1 save file.

The game should be developed to allow a user to choose a particular save file.  This would accomodate multiple backgrounds for the history.  The use of a saved game import utility would be completely optional (if I was developing for Obsidian).

I think that if the save contains cheats, then it is the risk of the user of whether or not they want to try and use the file.

I kind of like the idea of the survey, but I'm more interested in how exactly it will be implemented. I might even smile if it was done very cleverly (I haven't even thought of how I would implement it myself, so my opinion doesn't have much merit), but if it's just a forced 'answer some questions for me' routine, it could be a little too tedious.

I'm playing through as a Dark Side female now, and the Carth romance makes no sense what-so-ever.  Carth is upstanding, and here I slaughter people, tell him to shove it, and he keeps hitting on me.

I can explain why in four words:

Carth is a moron.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I'm playing through as a Dark Side female now, and the Carth romance makes no sense what-so-ever.  Carth is upstanding, and here I slaughter people, tell him to shove it, and he keeps hitting on me.

I can explain why in four words:

Carth is a moron.

Actually, it might be more accurate to say that Carth is a guy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Both you and she would be Level 20. Where's the fun in playing from a power level roughly equal to Yoda or Emperor Palpatine?

Actually, it might be more accurate to say that Carth is a guy.

I don't know. I'm a guy, and if a woman I was attracted to started laughing as two families she manipulated into a fight slaughtered each other, it might cool my libido a bit.

Or, then again, it might just turn me on.

In any case, as we've established, the female Revan has a fat ass, so perhaps Carth should have moved on to greener pastures. :)

Both you and she would be Level 20. Where's the fun in playing from a power level roughly equal to Yoda or Emperor Palpatine?

Did you ever think of a little thing called HARDER enemies! They could always change the enemies lvls to account for your lvl.

Did you ever think of a little thing called HARDER enemies! They could always change the enemies lvls to account for your lvl.

So you'd spend the entire game fighting a bunch of enemies on the same level as Yoda and Palpatine?

C'mon, now. That would be incredibly lame. The Star Wars universe isn't Dragonball Z, where each unprecedented new power level is suddenly met with an even more unprecedented new power level in order to prolong the series.