I dont know optimal it is, but there is a ring that reduces raw damage, and plenty of items like trollhide that give health regen, plus abilities from teammates that help to mitigate the Berserkers hp drain without having to micro anything.

I appreciate other items might be more optimal... But I find it hard to pass up on the Berserkers improved frenzy, as its drawbacks are quite easily countered, and it seems much stronger than other class kits.

I dont know optimal it is, but there is a ring that reduces raw damage, and plenty of items like trollhide that give health regen, plus abilities from teammates that help to mitigate the Berserkers hp drain without having to micro anything.

I appreciate other items might be more optimal... But I find it hard to pass up on the Berserkers improved frenzy, as its drawbacks are quite easily countered, and it seems much stronger than other class kits.

10hp/sec isn't 'easily countered'

are there any class or item abilities that gives an ability like flurry from kotor, Where we can dual wield and just pray to rng for multiple hits each turn?

The closest thing would be swift flurry from the monk tree (PL 3). Procs an extra attack on crit 33% of the time, so dual wielding with high accuracy or hit-to-crit conversion will net you fairly reliable bonus attacks.

The mechanic, however, doesn't work anything like Kotor - there's no button you can press that activates a multi-strike animation and you'll never see the extra attacks take place outside of the combat log. Still a pretty powerful and satisfying ability, though.

Scordeo's Edge has the enchantment "Blade Cascade" which sets recovery to zero for 5 secs (base). If you combine it with Salvation of Time (Priest) you will have some time with crazy fast attacks.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you use Savage Defiance every time you Frenzy you won't die. Of course that's expensive.

The self damage really is the most off-putting part of Berserker.

TBH? I deal with it A) By killing things faster and thus ending combat. B) An AI conditional to set off Second Wind when I drop under half HP. And C) Trollhide Belt/Cloak to slow down the degen, or Ring of Greater Regeneration.

Is Berserker alone purely worth it? Eh... Maybe yes, maybe no. Multiclassed with Fighter I'd say yes just because of Constant Recovery. If you get that Battle Axe from the SSS DLC, and upgrade your Might Inspirations by a tier... Then it is DEFINITELY worth it.

Cant quote on my phone, Yosh, but sure... perhaps not "easily countered" but it also isnt such a huge deal it breaks the playability of said class. We'll each have a different view on what is too much or not much effort in terms of dealing with it. I dont really feel it outweighs its benefits, and find it to be manageable.

Hidden hp bar is dangerous.

It's not hidden to the AI though. HP, Self, Under 50%, Second Wind. Or Healing Potion, if you'd prefer. Maybe Lay on Hands or some other healing ability if you're multiclassing.

Best AI I've seen was an RTS game that's more than a decade ago called Age of Mythology. Their micro is crazy. Nowadays most AI or difficulty, developers just cheat their way out. Inflate HP, defense,swarm you, penalised you with crazy debuffs and that's difficulty in your face

True. For some reason, though, while I can appreciate and enoy microing one character, I can't stand doing it for a full party, which is why I keep running solo runs, or with parties that are fairly self sufficient.

TBH, it's hard to make convincing enemy AI, especially in games where your enemies are supposed to be non-human.

Also, the comment you quoted was more me referring to the party AI system, not the enemy AI... I think you know that, but just in case someone else is confused.