SSS - Animancer's Folly Trial [Possible SPOILERS]

Hi all

I'm having some real trouble with The Animancer's Folly endurance trial - in particular the Steelclad Constructs

From reading around the web there seems to be a general idea that this challenge isn't too difficult but I'm struggling with it.

I'm playing on Veteran, level 20, with the following party:

Main: Wizard/Shattered Pillar Monk - built around self-buffing and using Citzal's Spirit Lance for AoE damage and CC

Eder: Fighter tank

Aloth: Wizard, AoE DPS and CC

Xoti: Priest - healer/buffer

Maia: Scout - single target burst damage and can insta-kill most vessels with Red Hand arquebus enchanted with Double-Tap

My initial strategy for this was to have Eder tank while Maia uses Red Hand to pop the constructs and the rest buff/cc as needed.  This works brilliantly with Maia's accuracy and hit-to-crit conversion buffed as high as I can get it (basically every + accuracy or +hit-to-crit passive I can take, then Dire Blessing, Marked for The Hunt and using Ishiza to flank etc), and also the bouncing shot passive which results in most of the constructs just popping.

Problem is this doesn't work for Steelclads since they are higher power level, and I'm struggling to find the abilities, weapons, strategies for taking them down quickly enough to not die.  Tried this 3 times and it always ends in the same way - a grinding attrition of doing minor to no damage against the Steelies while they slowly beat down my squad. In all 3 fights I've ran out of empower points and ability uses, leaving me with no option but to set all my characters to auto-attack and just hope they win!

Can anyone point me in the direction of any strategies that will help me get the steelclads down more quickly?

I'm open to squad changes, respec, custom characters - anything that will help, because I can't for the life of me beat this £$%!-ing challenge!

Cheers for any tips!

McQ