Any good multiclass combo since new subclasses released?

I'd say:

Blood mage+any martial class with no self-damage (Helwalker, Barbarian, Assassin, possible, if micromanage)Wizard is a good combo on it's own.

Blood mage+Furyshaper. Good CC, as you have multiple spells and abilities targeting different types of defences.

Furyshaper+Cipher, CC, mainly Will-target.

Steel Garrote+any Rogue to heal yourself in melee.

Paladin+Arcane Archer. CC healer, FoD go without penalty.

That's what I could think of.

At brief glance, Tactician + wizard seems to be the strongest combo for soloing, since u can cast chill fog to flank all enemy to trigger brilliant for refusing spells.

Forbidden fist + Garrote seems to be good combo too? Also are there any good gears to apply affliction on self to get wounds for forbidden fist?

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

As topic, not active for a while and wonder if there are some cool synergies with new DLC :)

Discover them yourself when you become active again instead of letting others spoil that fun for you!

Yeah, some of us don't have the time to actually test these things in game.

As topic, not active for a while and wonder if there are some cool synergies with new DLC :)

Discover them yourself when you become active again instead of letting others spoil that fun for you!

That’s not how the ‘character builds’ forums work, dude.

But that's how games, at least single player games, work.

Letting others play the game for you lowers the value of that game.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Had lots of fun with Tactician/Trickster: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106911-theorycrafting-thoughts-on-new-classes-patch-40-beta/?p=2125759

Also been watching Victor Tactician/Bloodmage PotD solo run while playing Tactician/Steel Garrote myself and both are viable imo.

Can you elaborare on the synergies? Ill be playing a tactician/x solo potd next week :)

Playing as Assassin/BW, can confirm is fun.  The downside is that the empower restriction means that the Assassin looses the additional resources because no empower applies to the character as a whole, not just the class.  Honestly am not sure if it is worth it as a result, but it comes down to the intent of the character and the party setup.  

Tactician/Wizard can inflict Flanked relatively easy (that is the synergy) through several means and can control the battlefield (synergy with Tactician ..) while Paladin/Bloodmage is able to heal back damage taken from Blood Sacrifice.

I am not entirely sure if Bloodmage is the best pick for Tactician, but maybe its convenient to have a way to get some spells back in situations when it's not possible to get Brilliant. 

The blood sage synergy is pretty good (Monk-Bloodmage), though not for soloing.  Blood sacrifice provides spells and wounds so you really never run out of either.  High micromanagement though, you want to blood sacrifice after pretty much every spell use.  Use corrosive siphon to keep your health up.

Edited by Climhazzard

you are back.

plus.. on topic.. any overpowered class that i can combo with arcane archer? i better complete fast before mega nerfs incoming.

Edited by Archaven

Actually I assume he just means "Herald!"  or "Monk!".  But on paper it would seem that Bellower might work well with Tactician.  Bellowers big advantage is that its invocations will be more powerful.  Its disadvantages are reduced Chant range and the fact that every invocation will leave you at 0 phrases.  To mitigate the first issue you'll want to be front or at least 2nd line, which argues for pairing with a martial class.  To mitigate the second issue you need something that accelerates phrase acquisition.  Outside of items (Shasha's and Blightheart) that means Brilliant and Tacticians get that earliest.  You'd need help to set up Flanked more easily (a Cipher, a Wizard, Tekehu), but once you proc Brilliant you can use your more powerful invocations more often.  You also have tools to prevent yourself from being flanked in the form of stuns/paralyze.  So it could work.

Of that topic I've been playing around with a Steel Garrote/Forbidden Fist combo.  The theory being that the enfeeble helps keep Garrote going longer meaning more DoT and keeping an enemy off the board longer.  Combine with Willbreaker and the modal and you might have a decent single target DD/disabler.  I also hoped that the self heal might help to mitigate the curse damage somewhat.  FF plays more like shattered pillar in that you won't ever have very many wounds.  Also if you pump INT to further increase Garrote and Enfeeble times it will also increase the curse duration.  Similarly pumping MIG to increase the heal also increases the curse (which already outpaces the heal by a noticeable amount).  So I'm not sure it really works (I may run it for a bit anyway, until AA gets fixed).

It has been previously mentioned, but Furyshaper combines well with any caster or ranged character.  I tried out a Fury/Furyshaper which was a lot of fun.  I was running an AA/Furyshaper until I noticed the Imbue issues and put it on the shelf.

I tried Resolve-stacking with Forbidden Fist. Even with 30 resolve before inspirations (and 35 in combat thanks to Courageous from LoH) as well as several -hostile effect duration items, the shortest I ever saw it go was 12s. I've given up on it, it doesn't seem like there's a legit way of using it (without something like the frost boots + confusion) to me that isn't "hope the enemies have lots of afflictions that you get hit by".

• Like 1

I tried Resolve-stacking with Forbidden Fist. Even with 30 resolve before inspirations (and 35 in combat thanks to Courageous from LoH) as well as several -hostile effect duration items, the shortest I ever saw it go was 12s. I've given up on it, it doesn't seem like there's a legit way of using it (without something like the frost boots + confusion) to me that isn't "hope the enemies have lots of afflictions that you get hit by".

Been playing a ff/trickster with stats/playstyle similar to a dance with death build https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103385-class-build-a-dance-with-death-shadowdancer-12-potd-solo/page-1#

Its been pretty fun... sneaking around and attacking from stealth so dance of death gets the wound count up. Chose wood elf for the dex resistance so having my wizard cast web or from scroll gives a chance for wounds when I activate swift strikes. FF ability doesnt seem to benefit from backstab or sneak attack which sucks..is that intended?

FF ability doesnt seem to benefit from backstab or sneak attack which sucks..is that intended?

If you read the description, it is not stated to be a weapon Attack.

So I think it's intended, maybe to prevent Enfeeble spamming with AoE weapon.

Enfeeble is an extremely powerful debuff, that you can otherwise apply conveniently only with Tier 9 abilities (Writ of Mending and Heart Seeker) and FF can apply it basically for free.

It's pretty normal that Forbidden Fist gain far less wounds. Still too low for the moment.

Edited by Elric Galad

On that note, it's worth mentioning that Concelhaut's Draining Missiles are a 1:1 ratio for damage to health.  At around 20 might and PL7 they do 17 damage per missile with 6 missiles per cast.  The downside is that they require a Fortitude check to hit.

Fun fact:  Victor Creed (youtube) was casting Maura's Tentacles and then using them to heal himself by shooting the tentacles with C's Draining Missiles.  Now, he was doing this "out" of combat area (it was on Sigilmaster fight, who doesn't follow you), but it was a neat trick. The downside is you either need a grimoire to switch to that has the tentacles or you have to take it as a power pick.  You also obvioulsy need to pick up C's Iron-Clasped Grimoire.