Getting less experience from quests than intended?

railgun430

Question

I did two bounties for Abocco. Giving him Nomu's head and Tahae's head and  both said "total quest experience: 2865" in the log. When I went to check my character's total exp, it only went up by 382 when I handed in Nomu's head and then I turned in Tahae's head and got 573 exp. I don't have any mods installed for this game. At first I thought it was divided exp, but how do I get 382 exp from one head and then 573 from the next head I turned in? I also turned in a bounty to Fleet Master Wakoyo for killing Assila Wave-Skipper and he gave me Total quest experience: 4050 and each of my characters only gained 540 exp for it. Is there some special experience distribution going on that I am not aware of? I just found it weird how the exp gains are so skewered.

Edited by railgun430

1 answer to this question

Hello Railgun,

If I recall, experience distribution was not always explained in the easiest manner and would show for each quest part as well as the overall quest.  I'd still like to have someone take a look to be sure that the experience distribution in your game is working as intended.  Would you be able to provide us with a save file that we could use for testing purposes, preferably before turning in those bounties if possible?  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are located here.  If the file is too big for the forums, feel free to send it to me at support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread as a reference.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for the help Railgun!