I have two Wizards in my party, a ranged Evoker and a melee Warlock. Obviously I'm going for Ninagauth's Teachings on the Evoker, but I'm wondering what other options there are for my Warlock. So, what are the best Grimoires in the game? I'll start with the two I know of:

1) Ninagauth's Teachings: contains several powerful unique Evocation spells, such as Shadowflame (paralyze fireball) and Death Ray (death laser type thing). Pretty powerful.

2) Vaporous Wizardry: grants an extra spell cast at each level, but taking damage causes an interrupt. Obviously I'm not taking this on many Warlock. I'm aware of the item that removes interrupts, I'm not using it.

That's it, I don't know of any other decent ones. I tried researching on the wiki but there's too much missing information. Please give your suggestions!

Edited by Yosharian

This game definitly lacks on good Grimoires, with unique Spells or Skills like the vaporous wizardry one.

Well, do you know what the Llengrath one gives? The Wiki is lacking some info on it

It gives Nins Shadow Flame. You can not learn that otherwise.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Category:Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_unique_grimoires

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

This game definitly lacks on good Grimoires, with unique Spells or Skills like the vaporous wizardry one.

Well, do you know what the Llengrath one gives? The Wiki is lacking some info on it

It gives Nins Shadow Flame. You can not learn that otherwise.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Category:Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_unique_grimoires

What? I'm talking about Llengrath's Martial Masteries, and the wiki does not contain full info on it.

I already know about Ninagauth's Teachings, I wrote about it in the OP ffs.

Your Grimoires setup will severely depend on your tactic and spells you want to use. Generally I use Llengrath's grimoire sold in the Dark Cupbord (red book) and learn a few spells I always want to have with me

Perfect, can you tell me what the unique spells are in that Grim and whether they are any good? That's the one that the wiki doesn't have info on.

Your Grimoires setup will severely depend on your tactic and spells you want to use. Generally I use Llengrath's grimoire sold in the Dark Cupbord (red book) and learn a few spells I always want to have with me

Perfect, can you tell me what the unique spells are in that Grim and whether they are any good? That's the one that the wiki doesn't have info on.

The particular Grimoir has no unique spells actually, it has the best setup for wizard multiclassed with any martial class. Alacrity of motion+Llengrath's safeguard+Infuse with vital essence+Minoletta's Burst+Arcane Reflection.

If you want Grimoires with unique spells specifically, the best are Nina's one, mentioned above, Concelhauts's Grimoire in Bekarna's Observatory with his Hammer-Spell (Don't remember exact name) and a unique Grimoir sold by Spindle Man in Delver's Row gives you the spell applying 15% fire damage bonus and chance to terrify on melee attacks.

As well as a couple of Grimoirs in the FS dlc

Concelhaut's is a good supplement to Ninagauth's, with lots of Evocation and the unique Crushing Doom.

Arkemyr's (both versions) is good for illusion spells and CC.

Llengrath's is great for a martial hybrid with many of the critical supportive spells (displaced image, vital essence, spirit shield) but does not have any unique spells.

Then of course Vaporous Wizardry, which is definitely worth keeping as a backup for fights that go on far too long.

The particular Grimoir has no unique spells actually, it has the best setup for wizard multiclassed with any martial class. Alacrity of motion+Llengrath's safeguard+Infuse with vital essence+Minoletta's Burst+Arcane Reflection.

If you want Grimoires with unique spells specifically, the best are Nina's one, mentioned above, Concelhauts's Grimoire in Bekarna's Observatory with his Hammer-Spell (Don't remember exact name) and a unique Grimoir sold by Spindle Man in Delver's Row gives you the spell applying 15% fire damage bonus and chance to terrify on melee attacks.

As well as a couple of Grimoirs in the FS dlc

Ooh yes that one from Delvers Row sounds interesting, does anyone know what it's called?