Let's say I'm trying to play it straight and want to spawn the Principi vengeance ship early for that sweet sweet armor - what are some of the good ways to do it?  Murder-hoboing my way through Fort Deadlight left me with...tier 1 positive reputation, so I'm a bit unsure who they even care about now.

Edited by Ensign

During Task "Sealed Fate" fight Principi ambushers.

In Dunnage, The King's Coffin, steal where, what seems to be, sex workers are.

During the Quest "The Shipwright's Plight" pick Principi reputation loss option during dialogue with alley thugs.

and indeed killing Mad Morena.

the above, sinking perhaps a couple of other Principi captains though not sure it mattered, got to me -3 and spawned Arteiro the Avenger. Also had one bar blue with them before it went negative. There are perhaps more ways to lose rep with them so it should not be a problem unless the rep is high already. 

Edited by knownastherat

Go to the Undercroft and murder everyone but Mad Morena.  That and/or kill Talfor.

Each time I try this method Mad Morena becomes hostile and I have to kill her too - maybe if you do it after you finish her quest it's ok, but then you have to gain reputation with the principi first.

Let's say I'm trying to play it straight and want to spawn the Principi vengeance ship early for that sweet sweet armor

You could also try the "Vindictive Faction Ship Battles" mod - that spawns them from the very start.

Note: they switch from neutral to hostile once you reach level 13, unless you have the respective flag.

Edited by MaxQuest

Go to the Undercroft and murder everyone but Mad Morena. That and/or kill Talfor.

Each time I try this method Mad Morena becomes hostile and I have to kill her too - maybe if you do it after you finish her quest it's ok, but then you have to gain reputation with the principi first.

Dont do any dunnage quests first, some of those increase rep.

Steal the crates she want first in the first map when you enter neketa. Steal the other part of the horn thing in the palacr map. in the gullet get the restoring food quest from the blind guy along with all the other quests but dont complete any. I head down the lift and kill the big grub.

When you get to undercroft, kill everyone in that map first outside her room, then stealth in w one guy next to mad morena and pause. Unstealth, click to talk to her, then unpause. You will get the quest to steal the crates and automatically complete. Then you can kill her and everyone else in that room. That should get your rep down.

Then go back and finish all the quests in gullet after you get the armor

Edited by doggiep0op

Following up for anyone else interested - the point about stealing in Dunnage made all the difference.  There are 5 spots you can steal in Dunnage to lose Principi reputation - 3 in the King's Coffin near the prostitutes, 1 on top of the Balefire Beacon, and one at the Radiant Court.  You can also lose reputation twice from threatening Cotta, and lose reputation for every one of Talfor's thugs you kill.

Between all of those you can pick up 14 -reputations with the Principi on PotD (more thugs spawn); -13 are needed to drive your negative reputation to the minimum and spawn the Terror of the Deadfire.  No need to wipe out the Undercroft, and you can complete the rest of the Principi quests any way you like (and repair your reputation to mixed).

• Like 3

Following up for anyone else interested - the point about stealing in Dunnage made all the difference.  There are 5 spots you can steal in Dunnage to lose Principi reputation - 3 in the King's Coffin near the prostitutes, 1 on top of the Balefire Beacon, and one at the Radiant Court.  You can also lose reputation twice from threatening Cotta, and lose reputation for every one of Talfor's thugs you kill.

Between all of those you can pick up 14 -reputations with the Principi on PotD (more thugs spawn); -13 are needed to drive your negative reputation to the minimum and spawn the Terror of the Deadfire.  No need to wipe out the Undercroft, and you can complete the rest of the Principi quests any way you like (and repair your reputation to mixed).

On top of the Balefire Beacon I think you can also kill the (respawning?) guards with no consequences for more easy reputation loss.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Which links exactly?

For fighting the boss ships regardless of reputation, I guess. Vindictive something something. It seems to be gone from Nexus.

Also, this probably wasn't available at the time the thread was posted but these days I believe you can tank your rep with any faction by just bullying their ships. Intimidate them into giving you stuff for -rep.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Well, I realize its an old topic, but another nice & easy way to spoil your rep with the Principi a bit without causing any consequences, is to kill the thugs in Delver's Row who guard the elevator down to the Undercroft (they won't let you pass until Dereo lets you go down).

• 9 months later...

I have ignored the ship battles and went straight for boarding always. What steps would you need to to succesfully destroy their ship early in those scripted battles?

If a faction is at -3, do they become hostile, or is it still possible to do quests for them?

Edited by Viryu

I think that you can get your rep down to -3 quickly by killing pirates in Delver's Row or the area underneath BEFORE you do any Principi quests. Then you can go to sea, fight the ship they send after you, and then go to Fort Deadlight and start doing their quests to get your rep back up.