Full Tank Party for MegaBoss Upscaled POTD Ironman Magram Challenge Playthrough

I've beaten the main game twice, and soloed it once with a herald.  But I haven't met any of the megabosses or done any of DLCs other than Nemnok so i have no idea what they're like.  The Magran challenges will be: 

Triple Crown

Galawain

Magran

Hence, my strategy:

A custom party of ALL chanters with multiclass into paladin or fighter.  That way, no matter what I run into, even the unexpected, they can't kill me because I can heal/tank and summon my way through it.  

The problem with the game is the AI ALWAYS focuses on the squishies, so putting heavy armor on the tank is mostly useless because the enemies never focus them until your squishies are down. So to counter that, I'm going to make everyone a tank.  

This way nothing, NOTHING can kill me.  (Except Rymrgand, but I'll just have to be careful and extremely polite anytime I talk to him).  

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

I've beaten the main game twice, and soloed it once with a herald. But I haven't met any of the megabosses or done any of DLCs other than Nemnok so i have no idea what they're like. The Magran challenges will be:

Triple Crown

Galawain

Magran

Hence, my strategy:

A custom party of ALL chanters with multiclass into paladin or fighter. That way, no matter what I run into, even the unexpected, they can't kill me because I can heal/tank and summon my way through it.

The problem with the game is the AI ALWAYS focuses on the squishies, so putting heavy armor on the tank is mostly useless because the enemies never focus them until your squishies are down. So to counter that, I'm going to make everyone a tank.

This way nothing, NOTHING can kill me. (Except Rymrgand, but I'll just have to be careful and extremely polite anytime I talk to him).

Very interesting. Can you go into detail on exactly what you mean by 'squishies'? IE, what statistics specifically does the AI use to determine who is and isn't 'squishy'? Is it just armor values, or deflection, or a combination of both? What about HP? Edited by Yosharian

Sounds great, good luck!

I've never had that problem with squishies being targeted, I actaually feel like enemy AI should do so more often. I usually go for 1 tank and others ranged, tank walks in first and all enemies typically stick to him.

Are those squishies you mention jn melee range? Perhaps the AI targeting squishies only goes off within an enemy's attack range?

Edited by Flucas

It's possible I'm not doing the spacing right.  But in a lot of fights you simply don't have a choice and your squishes end near your front line.  Oftentimes there are so many enemies they swarm past your front line and then the "squishes" in the back like "witches" (barb/cipher) or "loremasters" (wizard/chanter) get hammered.  

Two points about this run-through:

1.  YOU CAN'T PAUSE OR SLOW THE GAME DOWN IN COMBAT.  What this means is that if things go to shi- in a fight- and they will- you can't auto-pause and micro your way out of it.  

2.  NO SAVING.  What this means is if you f- up once badly enough you're PERMANENTLY F-ED.  

To get around this the party needs to be able to do two things: 

1.  Have a party of "redundant characters" so that the loss of one or two does not mean a group wipe.  

2.  No uber powerful but <100 deflection character that requires micro cuz with the challenges I can't pause combat and micro the character.  

EVERYONE is going to carry their weight when it comes to defense and healing and I'm going to simply outlast the enemy.  More posts later.  

Edited by Marigoldran

Chanters give a LOT of sturdiness because they summon and regen.  They also have infinite resources for long extended fights.  Paladin/Chanters are the toughest character you can create because in combination with their massive defenses they automatically regen and summon meat shields.  I've soloed the base game with one of them using only summons, brand enemy, and auto attacks (no consumables).  

[unfortunately, this may NOT work for seeker, slayer survivor.  The enemies can actually outlast you in that DLC so I'm going to skip it]

Edited by Marigoldran