Is it possible? Can we have transmogrification in Deadfire? It would be cool. Art team did awesome work on 3D models, armors and weapons. Option to customize at least armor would be incredible. Like the new one similar to old Sanguine Plate from PoE. It looks beautiful and cool. It comes with the helmet for that particular set, but it's just normal helmet and I think that many players would like to wear magical item as headgear but customized to fits character's look.

There are many items which look like designed to certain esthetics. Imagine - wearing items for their stats and be able to change their looks.  I wish I could do that at least with armors, headgear and shields.

We can transmog pets now...

Edited by Silvaren

giphy.gif

But why even go to the trouble of transmog. Just have players open a chest or loot a dragon and find stats or some permant buff. That way you can wear whatever clothing and armor you want.

You just simply remove the buff and put in a new one. Chars can have 5 buff slots they can use for 5 buffs.

I requested this way back. Also options on ranger pets like choosing a black panther or a white wolf.

I doubt obsidian would prioritize this seeing how hard and how long it is to even implement a skill tree button in UI.

not to mention they are even incompetent in fixing the proc rate of wahai poraga and hence they go the route of major proc nerfs.

I can certainly see the appeal.

Out of curiosity what would you do with recovery? Would recovery be attatched to the look of armor, along with its base stats and only magical effects would be moved around? Or for the sake of balance would all stats be moved to the new armor and the look of it be treated as sleeve only.

I can see a possible major imbalance by allowing to to put any enchantments on any type of armor.

Wound enchantments be individual? Or applied as a full set?

Most games I see with Transmogs function as if you are hiding the gear you are actually wearing beneath a illusion. IE, you are still wearing, let's say... The Devil of Caroc armor, and you are still getting the exact same things from it, both good and bad... It just LOOKS like some other armor because magic-illusions-reasons-whatevere-lore-excuse-the-developers-feel-like-using.

I would stick to the concept of wearing actual armor but with an option to just customise its looks as same as one can pick enchantements (some kind of list /options directly when player interacts with the item in inventory). I thing that making a sacrifice of armor (like with the pet machine) would be silly. It could be immersion breaking for someone - making a "sacrifice" to distil magical properties. It could work just as a game feature. You don't have to explain everything (like for example aiming in old Fallouts was just part of graphical user interface, but Bethesda added some stupid explenation to make V.A.T.S. in their post-apo Elder Scrolls series).

I don't think that weapons should be possible for transmogs. Weapons have special animation effects during attacks. 

giphy.gif

Agreed. Part of good story telling is making sure that people aren't left with questions they want answered. Either you answer every question, or you make certain they don't actually want the information. Remember midoclorians? Nobody wanted an explanation, but they were given one anyways and it ended up an active negative.

You can do something similar with the Unity Console but it has its limitations.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus