Belated Merry Xmas Thread

BruceVC

Sup All

Merry Xmas, yes its late but better late than never and its imperative we have a dedicated Xmas thread in this time of  cheer and good food  :dancing:  :dancing:

So what is everyone doing for tomorrow, I am at our family beach cottage with our cousins and most of my direct family. Tomorrow we will be having a huge lunch with Turkey, Lamb and Gammon.  

What are  everyone's plans for tomorrow and what you planning on eating...I love stories about good food and I  am always interested in different ways we celebrate Xmas based on our cultures so dont spare any details 

• Like 7

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hey, Bruce, I just signed on to create a Happy Christmas thread! Noice! Merry Christmas, lad. You're a good sort.

Tonight Christmas Vigil. My father-in-law died earlier this year so we're going to church with my mother-in-law. Wrapping, baking, cooking, and listening to Christmas music. Although Christmas is no longer quiet as magical a time for me as it was, it remains hopeful and contemplative.

Whatever your faith and whatever your traditions, I hope and pray for your continued health and happiness, you glorious mob of mythical misfits. God bless you all.

• Like 1

χαίρετε

Merry Christmas to all. Just hanging out at home. I got the chickens dried meal worms, dried pineapple chunks for the rabbits, new nylabones and cookies from Woofgang puck for Sunny and a bottle of Rock Hill Farms single barrel bourbon for me. I figure I'll spend tomorrow binge watching Netflix and playing OOTP.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Merry Christmas all!

Were getting up tomorrow ~10am to open presents and then have some breakfast. Later we have a family party to attend, so it will be a full day of festivities. Probably sneak in a nap in between.

How many people will be attending your celebrations  today, I know you always have large parties  ?

We have 12 people at our cottage and cousins who have the next door cottage have about 14, we cant have joint Xmas celebrations because of limited space but its all good because we always have drinks and shared games after the official lunch..like darts and drinking games for those keen  8)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How many people will be attending your celebrations  today, I know you always have large parties  ?

We have 12 people at our cottage and cousins who have the next door cottage have about 14, we cant have joint Xmas celebrations because of limited space but its all good because we always have drinks and shared games after the official lunch..like darts and drinking games for those keen  8)

We have to break the parties up too. Just "us" this morning, then "immediate family" (siblings, mother in laws), then the "cousins party" which happened last Saturday.

• Like 1

I thought about going to the VFW today but it seems like such a hassle. It's quiet and peaceful here.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hope you all have a happy and quiet one (vain hope if you have large families :lol: )

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Belated Happy Holidays to everyone, and to cover myself, Happy New Year as well.

...can't believe it'll be 2019, almost 2020 (I can picture the 20/20 news series jokes...). Remember when that was a futuristic date in sci-fi movies? Ha.Ha.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts