Is there any point in playing the DLC if you've already reached level 20 before starting them? Does the story benefit enough to warrant the extra time and, for me, frustration? I've completed Beast of Winter at level 20, but between the fights there and in Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, I'm inclined to just go meet Eothas and be done with this game.

Really enjoyed the new DLC...but then I also really enjoyed the base game. If you haven't been enjoying Deadfire and didn't like Beast of Winter (and you're thinking in terms of being 'done' with the game or getting it over with), then you might want to save yourself the 10 bucks. Sorry it wasn't your cup of tea, though.

• Like 1

It's not that I don't enjoy the game: I do. It just seems to me that the DLC really ramped the difficulty from the base game without changing your in-game difficulty setting. And since I'm already level 20 I was just eliciting opinions on whether they were entertaining enough once you're max level to play through them.

Warrant extra frustration? Like thr other person said, just stop playing the game if its frustrating.

People bashed the narrator, difficulty and exp pacing to death so now they struggle to find new topics. Something is frustrating me so should i buy its dlc; does this even need to be asked?

• Like 1

My understanding is that he's just asking whether, difficulty-wise, The Forgotten Sanctum presents enough of a challenge for maxed-out characters.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I would say yes? I found the content of all expansions quite excellent, and Seeker Slayer Survivor, Forgotten Sanctum scale fairly well for 20 level character (so far I played all of them on that level due to loading my pre-endgame save). If you felt that Beast of Winter was worth your time, then the other two should be as well. If you didn't - both other expansions are pretty much similar - large sidequests which tells mostly its own story with some ties to the main game, and much needed developmet for sidekicks. 

If your primary concern is experiencing an engaging story, I would recommend sticking to the main quest for SSS, and then doing FS. Many of the trickier fights in FS can be avoided, and I personally found the plot and atmosphere of FS to be superb. The last fight in FS might be a difficulty spike, so just pack some reflection gear and consumables before you play it.

Edited by DozingDragon
  • Like 1