181 def against vessel

184 acc against vessel

17 base

18 slash

14 pierce

a.i. set to give the golpact +4 at 1/4 health hasn't gone off yet in 3 hours.

158 con with double reductions to afflictions

125% healing. paladin modal and 2 rings of greater regen

Fair Favor and Bonesetter's torc for crits

It's just a first run at testing it against him. I'll play around with gear tomorrow and try to optimize if possible.

Edit: Apparently the affliction reduction doesn't matter or the fortitude. The extra health helps to absorb the brutal cleave. I could give up a few con for some dex to add to the speed of attacks, which would make a huge difference in cutting the time down.

How's the progress on your build Djinxy? 

181 def against vessel

184 acc against vessel

17 base

18 slash

14 pierce

It's just a first run at testing it against him. I'll play around with gear tomorrow and try to optimize if possible.

Edit: Apparently the affliction reduction doesn't matter or the fortitude. The extra health helps to absorb the brutal cleave. I could give up a few con for some dex to add to the speed of attacks, which would make a huge difference in cutting the time down.

It can tank it for hours, but eventually a string of bad rolls kills it. Several crits or interrupts  in a row kill it depending on gear. The longest it lasted was 5-6 hours. I haven't found a way to get it to stay up while strictly using auto attack to put him down. Moving gear and stats around to add to damage or take away from it's healing have resulted in shorter times staying alive so far. The odds are definitely on the house. I'll give it another go tonight.

The challenge is keeping it from healing massive amounts. Even if I can cut that down by a few percentage points it makes a huge difference.

Edited by djinnxy

The longest it lasted was 5-6 hours.

Wowowow. You are one patient person.

Lol. Yes and no. I just set the combat speed to max and run windowed mode while I watch netflix or w/e. I left it run while at work the other day. Not sure how long it lasted, but the result was clearly death eventually.

Edited by djinnxy
  • Like 1

181 def against vessel

184 acc against vessel

17 base

18 slash

14 pierce

It can tank it for hours, but eventually a string of bad rolls kills it. Several crits or interrupts  in a row kill it depending on gear. The longest it lasted was 5-6 hours. I haven't found a way to get it to stay up while strictly using auto attack to put him down. Moving gear and stats around to add to damage or take away from it's healing have resulted in shorter times staying alive so far. The odds are definitely on the house. I'll give it another go tonight.

The challenge is keeping it from healing massive amounts. Even if I can cut that down by a few percentage points it makes a huge difference.

Try the paladin with unbroken and it will last forever. The only bad thing about it is it won't be able to kill Dorudugan (not enough damage to outdamage Dorudugan heals). 

Yeah that's why I tried the ranger. I thought the huge accuracy might make up the difference and kill it. I'm back to working on gimmicky builds, but trying to figure out how to use just the A.I. now instead. If the Woedica Priest's writ of war works on it I'll try that with Tactician and use withdraw to gain brilliance. If that doesn't work I'm thinking Steel Garrote/Beckoner using the garrote to keep it from healing and using the electric aoe to kill summons to regain zeal. The only other thing I can think of that has a tier 2 or higher con affliction is rogue. The only gear that reliably keeps it from healing is a weak robe and you need to stay bloodied for it to work. There's loads of tier 1 con debuffs that it just resists.

Edit: Gah! I was mixing up the garrote ability and the forbidden fist. The forbidden fist has enfeeble. Either way I think I'm just going to try a full party run using an arcane archer pure or multi as the mc. 

Edited by djinnxy

Well i finally killed Auranic with my SC Monk. With 18x+ Will, you will never get terrfified or stunned and arcane dampener does not work it seems. And for some reason, she stops casting spells after some pillars are gone and focuses on attacking with her rod.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2
  • Like 1

And for some reason, she stops casting spells after some pillars are gone and focuses on attacking with her rod.

when all is said and done, auranic is just another kith spellcaster, which means she will run out of spells and be left with autoattack. at near death she does gain brilliant and the ability to cast spells again, but at that point you could probably just instakill her or perma-interrupt her (her defenses suck compared to other megabosses).

• 2 months later...

Anything with monk in it? Killed him with Essence Interrupter and Dichotomus Soul with SC monk as a experiment (without using Resonant Touch).

Yeah like I said except monk and chanter, since both has infinite source to summon meatshield + kit the boss to death. Also essence interrupter is so strong here.

We need more creative builds! For example SC Assassin + Dual Axe + Vanishing Strike + Gambit. The problem is if it can do enough damage before run out of guile. Even if u get fully refund by gambit, u will stay need to pay guile for vanishing strike and let’s say each vanishing strike last at most 10 sec, u can cast around 7 VS so can u kill dorudugan with in these VS hmmmm. Anyway just another idea on soloing it :)

Edited by dunehunter

• 1 month later...

Just found the forum,

Just want to share a little about my time with Mega Boss:

Back in 4.x we can beat Dorudugan with any solo monk MS/SC without any equip/potion/scroll/summon in POTD. But this got nerfed in 5.0.

The Build:

• The main skill is Blade Turning + Dance of Death/Enduring Dance + Duality of Mortal Presence INT mode.
  • The support skill is Long Stride & Whisper of the Wind (WotW)
  • The optimum build should be SC monk INT/DEX Godlike that can reach almost 10 sec Blade Turning. If doing perfectly we wont received any damage with this build.
  • MC monk with high INT can achieve it as well (7-8 sec blade turning). Personally I found this method back then when using my Savanna Votary tank. The original build is similar with Kaylon's Herald tank but I use Iron Wheel + Bloody Links instead of Bardatto's + Magnera's Chain to proc Fighting Spirit & Blood Rage for Accuracy & Damage Bonus. And also Giftwrapper pet for extra armor & regen.

Battle Tactics:

• Blade Turning reflect his Basic and Disengagement attack to him, so we just need to move in and out around his 'engagement line'. This is generate very high in game time DPS: 100+ damage every disengagement reflect. With this method he only have opportunity to 5-6 Helfire Barrage before he down.
  • Brutal Cleave has surprisingly small area, if you move near his engagement line it won't hit us.
  • Helfire barrage can easily avoided with long stride and even easier if you votary like me with: stride + fast runner.
  • Magnetic Overdrive can be avoided with WotW invisibility for Monk SC or Survive it with precast Lay on Hands for my Votary, just don't forget to reapply the Enduring Dance after 3 hits.
  • For SC monk, you can finish him with Resonant Touch that come from WotW.

Back then, after success to use this method with my Votary, I save -> rush to new game -> create Death Godlike SC Monk -> and try the challenge, I only get hit twice with Brutal Cleave due to carelessness, but overall it possible to beat Dorudugan without any equip/potion/scroll/summon in POTD & without taking any damage (but require focus & concentration which is not my forte).

Just yesterday I found this forum and want to record the perfect run for this challenge and share it, but Blade Turning is already nerfed per update 5.0 so it will end after movement. It become impossible to reflect disengagement attack. But the real problem is to avoid Brutal Cleave we need to move, we still can move to the side to avoid Brutal Cleave but it will significantly harder and need to recast Blade Turning immediately . We still can disengage to avoid barrage with WotW. Overall the challenge is still possible but it will require tons more time & focus.

However if we cast aside the no Equip/Item/Summon challenge and only focus on how to melee tank Dorudugan, Blade Turning provide complete Resistance to Shield & Main Weapon Attack as well as extra damage from reflected attack, so all we need is decent reflexes & 14 Slash resistance for the Brutal Cleave + Rekvu's Cloak for Fire Damage which quite easy to get, and we are good even only with minor HP regen.

Actually in 4.x there's many other methods to face tank Dorudugan & still able to kill him, for example: Brilliant + Salvation of Time + Barring Death's Door.

Edited by Big Ard