1) for Arcane Damper, it was something like 194 at least to resist Fampyrs on POTD (see the Electric Dyslexic build thread). 

2) for Arcane Cleanse, it *seems* unresistable, although I've seen it "miss" and I can't tell what it rolls against to miss or not -- i even posted about it and OBS didn't respond (Boeroer jumped in).  It's kind of BS that it is unresistable and we don't know what it rolls against.  Maybe someone can crack the game file to see if the power is coded with some useful info.  

2a) I believe Writ of Sorcery does shut down mobs that cast Cleanse, like the ones on the Deck of Many Things (if you attack them), for its duration, but it sure as shinola doesn't shut down the Obelisk of Cleansing, which I find supremely annoying and borderline unfair. 

Edited by brasilgringo

2) for Arcane Cleanse, it *seems* unresistable, although I've seen it "miss" and I can't tell what it rolls against to miss or not -- i even posted about it and OBS didn't respond (Boeroer jumped in).  It's kind of BS that it is unresistable and we don't know what it rolls against.  Maybe someone can crack the game file to see if the power is coded with some useful info.  

Uncanny Luck, Spell Resistance and Light of the Dawnstar can cause those "misses".

i've literally never seen arcane cleanse "miss". if you're talking about the obelisk of cleansing's cleansing effect, i don't think it's an arcane cleanse, but something custom, which may do some sort of roll, or it might have a range that you can run out of it.

1) for Arcane Damper, it was something like 194 at least to resist Fampyrs on POTD (see the Electric Dyslexic build thread). 

2a) I believe Writ of Sorcery does shut down mobs that cast Cleanse, like the ones on the Deck of Many Things (if you attack them), for its duration, but it sure as shinola doesn't shut down the Obelisk of Cleansing, which I find supremely annoying and borderline unfair. 

The pillar is not the problem, it's more or less the one, that gets activated the least. My current build dumped resolve to 4, so i am missing around 20 will anyway, so i can get around 17x with all temp boons etc.

The spell reflect potion is too important in that fight. If the pillars would fall rather easy, it wouldn't be such a problem. And second, as i mentioned, the items dont work, so i need high will to prevent terrified and stunned, both target will.

The pillar is not the problem, it's more or less the one, that gets activated the least. My current build dumped resolve to 4, so i am missing around 20 will anyway, so i can get around 17x with all temp boons etc.

The spell reflect potion is too important in that fight. If the pillars would fall rather easy, it wouldn't be such a problem. And second, as i mentioned, the items dont work, so i need high will to prevent terrified and stunned, both target will.

have you tried stocking up on potions of the focused mind and quaffing them before she reveals the terrorizing obelisk? you'd need a lot because they'd get cleansed away eventually.

have you tried dropping big spells like frozen pillar or bringing along hand of wael and woe? you can drop aoe spells just as soon as you see auranic targeting an obelisk so the obelisks start taking damage as soon as they are revealed. hand of weal and woe does a lot of damage and can heal party members, and if a tick gets reflected back at you it ends up healing you i think. it really shouldn't be that hard to take down the non-dps obelisks real fast if needed.

all else fails hire a chanter with the one dozen chant on loop.

have you tried stocking up on potions of the focused mind and quaffing them before she reveals the terrorizing obelisk? you'd need a lot because they'd get cleansed away eventually.

have you tried dropping big spells like frozen pillar or bringing along hand of wael and woe? you can drop aoe spells just as soon as you see auranic targeting an obelisk so the obelisks start taking damage as soon as they are revealed. hand of weal and woe does a lot of damage and can heal party members, and if a tick gets reflected back at you it ends up healing you i think. it really shouldn't be that hard to take down the non-dps obelisks real fast if needed.

Nope, i play with a SC Helwalker Monk and the other three megabosses were not much of a problem, only that mage. And i want to do it solo :S

Nope, i play with a SC Helwalker Monk and the other three megabosses were not much of a problem, only that mage. And i want to do it solo :S

then craft some potions and craft some scrolls :)

edit - you being solo would explain why you would have difficulty taking down the obelisks quickly. with a full party of 5 that's a lot of chain lightnings or tayn's orbs that get bounced back to the obelisks.

Edited by thelee

then craft some potions and craft some scrolls :)

edit - you being solo would explain why you would have difficulty taking down the obelisks quickly. with a full party of 5 that's a lot of chain lightnings or tayn's orbs that get bounced back to the obelisks.

The first cast "misses" always, but the second or third always hits, as would my item stop working somehow.

My way of handling Auranic was this: make spell reflect pots, rest at Konstanten's. Bait two goons to entrance, IGNORE the fear and just wait it out, my monk was immune so she took care of the goons solo pretty much. My healing wall specced Herald Pellagina's heal auras kept the group up throughout the fight, but squid head's chanter aura and druid heals also helped keep us up in the early parts of the fight. It'll go out of fear and allow your team to kill them, then wait for health to go back up, drink 70% reflect and charge in (I had two on each of my chars besides Aloth, who was KO'd, but also had big stacks of the lesser reflect pots). If you aren't close to the boss, the sigils won't open so you can heal up near the entrance before you charge. Ignore the boss, she doesn't do much damage, just focus on sigils. Aloth having a bunch of reflect spells from one of those legendary tomes helped out a lot too. The lightning one went down really fast with the reflect, we'd just wait out the fear and paralysis and hacked away at the sigils whenever their invincibility bubbles opened, periodically refreshing the reflect effect with potions whenever it went down--getting the cleanse sigil down first was my goal, but the reflect killed the damage ones quicker. Fear went down last, mostly because it was the hardest one to damage because my group was running around scared besides my monk. After all of the sigils were down, the boss went down very quickly. I wouldn't bother even attacking her until all the sigils are down, though we could've done it with the fear one up.

If you're solo, I think you could theoretically keep on going back to the entrance to heal, but you're going to need items that give anti-fear and anti-paralysis and several stacks of the larger spell reflect potion...which requires adra ban, so good luck with that. I would suggest getting some passive heal items (like that ring and belt, maybe even Blackened Plate and lethandria's shield) for your monk and just riding out the fear since there's no way I could find to take out the cleanse easily.

Edited by Carnifexus

Pretty sure the food items that give fear immunity don't get cleansed. I was on a no-rest run with Captain's Banquet and didn't get feared, even when I was cleansed.

Here is a link to Imgur showing the Miss from the Obelisk of Cleansing.  Its ays "(reflected)" but Arcane Reflection seeming has no effect, so IDK.

Dq1L8w7.jpg

Here's one showing the obelisk missing being "reflected" (but it blows thru Arcane Reflection so no idea).

Iqnag7Z.jpg

Note writ of sorcery hits but has no effect :(

Edited by brasilgringo
  • Like 2

if it doesn't have a duration, it can't be cleansed, which is the advantage of resting bonuses for e.g. spell reflect.

also, if it says it's reflected, it seems pretty clear that that's what's happening. it's possible that arcane cleanse from the obelisk is a targeted effect, whereas arcane cleanse from the wizard spell is the aoe effect. the chain lightning and tayn's chaotic orb from the obelisks aren't true chain lightnings or chaotic orbs, either.

After reading @thelee's guide, I collected gear today and had at it again. I gotta say, I LOATHE this fight. It's basically a WoW fight in all of the worst ways. Auranic was frustrating, but there was a solution in the sigils...this fight is gross and should be reworked into something more interesting. If I wanted to relive Molten Core, I'd find a Vanilla WoW server. Take a cue from D:OS 2 and make a more unique optional fight, like the Doctor. Also, I used up all of my adra ban and can't upgrade Essence Interrupter or that pistol. So, really frustrating. My key takeaways:

• Fire resistance gear was useless for me.
  • Tanking seems like a bad plan...maybe summons?
  • Move whichever character is getting hit if you have Grog
  • Have a massive amount of time
  • Move from one end of the map to the other when he does the flame mines and hope to god that the AI (which is turned off!) doesn't screw me. Seriously, what's up with that?

My team: Nalpazca Monk, Herald Pellagina, Chanter/druid squid head dude, Seraphim as cipher, and eder as Swashbuckler tank. I can swap in pure priest Xoti or pure mage Aloth, but found Aloth was all but useless. I am willing to respec any of these, but for RP reasons I refuse to go for a hireling. Is it possible with this group? I have Seraph with Essence Interrupter, MC monk with duel pistols (she usually does melee), Eder with Shattered Vengeance+shield and Pallegina with that raw damage sword I keep on forgetting the name of+Lelandra. I have defeated every other fight in the game that I'm aware of. Should I switch them all to range like with Belranga? I get the feeling I'll have to respec everyone to even make a dent in this guy, but maybe I'm just tired.

Drop the other three and keep Nalpazca Monk and Herald Pellagina. 

Use pellagina for summoning ancient weapons as well as the chanter phrase that summons skeletons. I've tried this with a troubadour subclass so I don't know if this will work with normal chanters but I think it should. The summons should keep Dorudugan busy. Make sure to spread out the ancient weapons so when Dorudugan does the meteor shower thing, one of them should survive. Make sure pellagina has exalted endurance (hp regen per 3) and any other hp regen items as well as having enough burn armour (only meteors will hit her as the summons will do the tanking while she stays near Dorudugan NOT attacking him). I recommend horn of auroch helmet so he can't pull you either. 

For the Nalpazca Monk, get frostseeker. Normally I would recommend kitchen stove but that has too low range when you don't have a proper tank and you only rely on summons for tanking. With frostseeker excess range, you should be able to reposition if Dorudugan kills all the summons and starts coming towards you. Stack all +accuracy items and have the captain's belt so Dorudugan can't pull you. Also make sure you have Revku Cape (turns all fire damage to healing) so you don't die fcrom Dorudugan meteor attacks. To proc it you can have Pellagina force attack your Nalpazca Monk and kill your Nalpazca Monk to gain an injury before the fight. 

Equip the grog pet so that in the unlikely scenario Dorudugan reaches or use his pull power thing your Nalpazca Monk or Pellagina can just run away. 

This fight should take you 15-20 minutes as you only need to have 550 stacks of resonant touch to denotate Dorudugan. So do stack alot of drugs in your monk invnetory. But that should not be a problem as a drug lasts for around 250-300 seconds. There you go, easy peasy. 

I can confirm that 550 stacks is not enough to kill him on POTD with level scaling. I have gotten him to near death, but no closer. This fight is the worst part of this game. So tedious. In fact, 700 stacks was too few. WHY!?

Edited by Carnifexus

After reading @thelee's guide, I collected gear today and had at it again. I gotta say, I LOATHE this fight. It's basically a WoW fight in all of the worst ways. Auranic was frustrating, but there was a solution in the sigils...this fight is gross and should be reworked into something more interesting. If I wanted to relive Molten Core, I'd find a Vanilla WoW server. Take a cue from D:OS 2 and make a more unique optional fight, like the Doctor. Also, I used up all of my adra ban and can't upgrade Essence Interrupter or that pistol. So, really frustrating. My key takeaways:

• Move from one end of the map to the other when he does the flame mines and hope to god that the AI (which is turned off!) doesn't screw me. Seriously, what's up with that?

My team: Nalpazca Monk, Herald Pellagina, Chanter/druid squid head dude, Seraphim as cipher, and eder as Swashbuckler tank. I can swap in pure priest Xoti or pure mage Aloth, but found Aloth was all but useless. I am willing to respec any of these, but for RP reasons I refuse to go for a hireling. Is it possible with this group? I have Seraph with Essence Interrupter, MC monk with duel pistols (she usually does melee), Eder with Shattered Vengeance+shield and Pallegina with that raw damage sword I keep on forgetting the name of+Lelandra. I have defeated every other fight in the game that I'm aware of. Should I switch them all to range like with Belranga? I get the feeling I'll have to respec everyone to even make a dent in this guy, but maybe I'm just tired.

Use pellagina for summoning ancient weapons as well as the chanter phrase that summons skeletons. I've tried this with a troubadour subclass so I don't know if this will work with normal chanters but I think it should. The summons should keep Dorudugan busy. Make sure to spread out the ancient weapons so when Dorudugan does the meteor shower thing, one of them should survive. Make sure pellagina has exalted endurance (hp regen per 3) and any other hp regen items as well as having enough burn armour (only meteors will hit her as the summons will do the tanking while she stays near Dorudugan NOT attacking him). I recommend horn of auroch helmet so he can't pull you either. 

For the Nalpazca Monk, get frostseeker. Normally I would recommend kitchen stove but that has too low range when you don't have a proper tank and you only rely on summons for tanking. With frostseeker excess range, you should be able to reposition if Dorudugan kills all the summons and starts coming towards you. Stack all +accuracy items and have the captain's belt so Dorudugan can't pull you. Also make sure you have Revku Cape (turns all fire damage to healing) so you don't die fcrom Dorudugan meteor attacks. To proc it you can have Pellagina force attack your Nalpazca Monk and kill your Nalpazca Monk to gain an injury before the fight. 

Equip the grog pet so that in the unlikely scenario Dorudugan reaches or use his pull power thing your Nalpazca Monk or Pellagina can just run away. 

This fight should take you 15-20 minutes as you only need to have 550 stacks of resonant touch to denotate Dorudugan. So do stack alot of drugs in your monk invnetory. But that should not be a problem as a drug lasts for around 250-300 seconds. There you go, easy peasy. 

I can confirm that 550 stacks is not enough to kill him on POTD with level scaling. I have gotten him to near death, but no closer. This fight is the worst part of this game. So tedious. In fact, 700 stacks was too few. WHY!?

i think on PotD you need ~800 stacks. wiki says it has like 6100 health but even if accurate PotD upscaling I think will add a significant percentage to that.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

I've actually had a conversation about this with 2 people before on the other thread. One person was claiming 400 stacks was enough for them. The other person had the same issue as yours. The Dev gave me a command line to spawn a Dorudugan with accurate stats so this is what I use, LaunchRandomEncounter RE_Hellfire_Construct. Try fighting this Dorudugan. 

At POTD Upscaled difficulty, my level 20 Helwalker monk with 35 might only takes 550 stacks to kill Dorudugan. I try to detonate it when he doesn't have the Charged Helstorm buff. 

Edited by giftmefood
  • Like 1

I've actually had a conversation about this with 2 people before on the other thread. One person was claiming 400 stacks was enough for them. The other person had the same issue as yours. The Dev gave me a command line to spawn a Dorudugan with accurate stats so this is what I use, LaunchRandomEncounter RE_Hellfire_Construct. Try fighting this Dorudugan. 

At POTD Upscaled difficulty, my level 20 Helwalker monk with 35 might only takes 550 stacks to kill Dorudugan. I try to detonate it when he doesn't have the Charged Helstorm buff. 

Ah, I think that's the problem right there...I went for a perception/dex build druggy monk based on sin tee's build. It worked until the patches came, and now I'm stuck with a Monk with 11 might...And, uh, that command doesn't work.

Ah, I think that's the problem right there...I went for a perception/dex build druggy monk based on sin tee's build. It worked until the patches came, and now I'm stuck with a Monk with 11 might...And, uh, that command doesn't work.

Looks like you just gotta keep stacking then XD 

Well first you have to press "~" on the keyboard to open the writing thingy. Then you write in "LaunchRandomEncounter RE_Hellfire_Construct" then voila!

If it doesn't work then you might have to enable the cheat command (this will disable achievements) by writing "iroll20s" first.

Once you have enable the cheat command, you can even change your monk stats so you can minus 10 from your dex and add 10 your might by going attribute score (press tab and it will guide you). You can even completely respec your character by writing "opennewcharactercreation" so you can respec it. 

• Like 1

Looks like you just gotta keep stacking then XD 

Well first you have to press "~" on the keyboard to open the writing thingy. Then you write in "LaunchRandomEncounter RE_Hellfire_Construct" then voila!

If it doesn't work then you might have to enable the cheat command (this will disable achievements) by writing "iroll20s" first.

Once you have enable the cheat command, you can even change your monk stats so you can minus 10 from your dex and add 10 your might by going attribute score (press tab and it will guide you). You can even completely respec your character by writing "opennewcharactercreation" so you can respec it. 

Actually, I added shattered vengeance onto my Pallagina, added calu scanth, and ran around engaging and disengaging with Pall...it took all frigging day, but I finally got him down with these two. 5x shattered vengeance debuff+at least 700 stacks of resonant touch...I spread them out because I wasn't sure how much it would take, but it was a LOT.  I always kept my pell between the boss and my monk because I chose not to use grog...it worked. Same +2 resolve dog through the game! So happy to be done with this, now for my second ending tomorrow. Gah, this fight was not a fun one in any way shape or form, I sent pell around the boss in circles a good couple of thousand times...immune to disengage tank is what I'm talking about. Thanks a bunch for the help, wouldn't have been able to do it without you! And yay, no cheats! Boss isn't bugged, just an ****. Good luck to others! I will never, ever do this fight again, not even at gunpoint hehe.

Edited by Carnifexus

I made a ghostheart/goldpact that can face tank dorudugan all day long potd upscaled. Might even kill him. I'll let it run for a while to see and post the build.

Yep, armor stacking works against Dorudugan as shown by Kaylon's build. Think you might be better off with Unbroken/Goldpact. 

I made a ghostheart/goldpact that can face tank dorudugan all day long potd upscaled. Might even kill him. I'll let it run for a while to see and post the build.

Yep, armor stacking works against Dorudugan as shown by Kaylon's build. Think you might be better off with Unbroken/Goldpact. 

It's partially armor stacking. I don't have it stacked as high as that build. It's also part deflection stacking, part heal % stacking, and part accuracy stacking. It's still up and almost down to hurt. Making use of the Beast Claw on vessels before the fight for a +40 def and acc. Still not sure how I get it twice but I repeated on another build. Might be E.I. causes it???

Edited by djinnxy

181 def against vessel

184 acc against vessel

17 base

18 slash

14 pierce

a.i. set to give the golpact +4 at 1/4 health hasn't gone off yet in 3 hours.

158 con with double reductions to afflictions

125% healing. paladin modal and 2 rings of greater regen

Fair Favor and Bonesetter's torc for crits

It's just a first run at testing it against him. I'll play around with gear tomorrow and try to optimize if possible.

Edit: Apparently the affliction reduction doesn't matter or the fortitude. The extra health helps to absorb the brutal cleave. I could give up a few con for some dex to add to the speed of attacks, which would make a huge difference in cutting the time down.

Edited by djinnxy