The battle against Auranic was really annoying, so I decided to cheat. I inflicted Gouging Strike on her and the Sigils, and then moved her away with Coordinated Positioning. I went back to the Sigils, beyond her attack range, and then there was nothing else necessary to win.

But I decided to accelerate things and kill her faster, which caused her to use "Endless Assault" and activate the Sigils. :facepalm:

I barely made it.

That's pretty clever, if she just ends up wherever you position her to (with Coord Pos) and doesn't come back.  I suppose you could swap her once or twice all the way down to the entrance.  Clever.  Though for me the largest problem was the Cleansing Sigil. 

Somebody mentioned it in another thread. Iirc, you do have to move her all the way to the entrance, until it is not possible to move her again. Then she won't activate any Sigil, unless she is near death.

If I didn't attack her, I probably could have gone do something else and come back to find all of them dead. I think she had more HP than the Sigils at that moment.

sign.jpg

I am having a giant problem with Auranic...the cleanse keeps on killing my main DPS, my Nalpazca monk...who obviously can't heal when not on drugs. Seems like I'd have to start the game over entirely, which really makes me angry...any help? After we got the electric sigil down, everyone but my Healing Wall specced Pallegina died, but she was able to get the boss down to near death until she got screwed by the final attack.

Edited by Carnifexus

I am having a giant problem with Auranic...the cleanse keeps on killing my main DPS, my Nalpazca monk...who obviously can't heal when not on drugs. Seems like I'd have to start the game over entirely, which really makes me angry...any help? After we got the electric sigil down, everyone but my Healing Wall specced Pallegina died, but she was able to get the boss down to near death until she got screwed by the final attack.

Do the Sigils have a limited range? Maybe you could go near the entrance to heal? I didn't consider that, since they seemed to reach me anywhere, so I cheated.

I'll probably ignore Dorudugan because it seems the battle would consist of distracting him with skeletons and moving my party from the fireball for an hour. Really boring. At least Hauani and Auranic have some interesting strategy to do.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Generally you first pull her two melee helpers back to the entrance where you can dispatch of them quickly.  Then you try to take out the Cleansing sigil when it's up, healing through any of its attacks.  I'd stack healing gear and spells on your toon/party and not use anything that the sigil can Cleanse until after it is down.  On my Thaumaturge, I stacked all healing gear and healing spells and potions/scrolls of healing and focused the cleansing sigil (including combusting wounds and any DOTs that tick when it's not up, like Gouging Strike could work)....once it is finally down, take your drugs and go to town on the boss and the other sigils.

• Like 2

Generally you first pull her two melee helpers back to the entrance where you can dispatch of them quickly.  Then you try to take out the Cleansing sigil when it's up, healing through any of its attacks.  I'd stack healing gear and spells on your toon/party and not use anything that the sigil can Cleanse until after it is down.  On my Thaumaturge, I stacked all healing gear and healing spells and potions/scrolls of healing and focused the cleansing sigil (including combusting wounds and any DOTs that tick when it's not up, like Gouging Strike could work)....once it is finally down, take your drugs and go to town on the boss and the other sigils.

i don't know if it was already mentioned in this thread, but the #1 thing you can do on auranic is recruit konstanten (so his room becomes free) and then rest in the wild mare in his room, which grants +30% spell reflect that can't be cleansed.

craft a bunch of arcane reflection potions (doesn't even have to be the 75% one, even the 50% reflect chance one is fine). you need multiples just so that you can re-use them when they get cleansed or expire. all told you end up with 1-.7*.5=65% chance to reflect any targeted spell with just using the lower arcane reflection, up to 82.5% or the better one.

after that and some source of resolve resist i feel like the fight mostly takes care of itself (two of the obelisks will literally kill themselves from attacking you; the missile one won't kill itself (can't penetrate its own armor) but you'll take way less damage from all the spell reflect), and auranic doesn't become that much scarier than any other high-level mage fight.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

I was already pulling them to the entrance, but found that stacking Konstanten's rest bonus with a bunch of spell reflect potions combined with completely ignoring the boss until I got all of the sigils down was key. Guess I was overcomplicating it, she died in one try today. Now for Dorudagan, who seems like a huge time sink more than a challenge. I tried him today, but got bored and decided to take a break. Any advice from anyone on that guy? My team wasn't having too much trouble surviving against him as long as we stayed close, but we also weren't able to really dent his health bar at all. From what I've read, lightning damage is key. Anyone know where the ideal place to position my team should be? Range or melee?

I was already pulling them to the entrance, but found that stacking Konstanten's rest bonus with a bunch of spell reflect potions combined with completely ignoring the boss until I got all of the sigils down was key. Guess I was overcomplicating it, she died in one try today. Now for Dorudagan, who seems like a huge time sink more than a challenge. I tried him today, but got bored and decided to take a break. Any advice from anyone on that guy? My team wasn't having too much trouble surviving against him as long as we stayed close, but we also weren't able to really dent his health bar at all. From what I've read, lightning damage is key. Anyone know where the ideal place to position my team should be? Range or melee?

that's pretty much the fight: a huge grind. it's a good ol' fashion vanilla World of Warcraft raid boss: a slight technical dimension that you have to keep perfect over an extremely long period of time, but not much challenge beyond that. I would recommend mostly ranged because otherwise you might have a hard time getting to safety when it starts doing Helstorms.

Essence Interrupter (shock damage), Eccea's Pistol upgraded for multiple shots and imbued ammunition: force (raw plus crush triggered damage) are particularly good ranged weapons (I would say at least one of them is mandatory due to how good they are at dealing damage to Dorudugan). If you have a chanter who can use The Shield Breaks that will help with AR. or a melee person with a mace.

You can make the fight a little shorter by bringing along a lot of instakill effects, if you haven't already been doing this for the megabosses. In one attempt, I hit it with a Marux Amanth just as it hit near death and ended the fight right there. I also once hit it with Petrification just as it hit Near Death, which while isn't technically an instakill, a perma-paralyze pretty much ends any need to pay attention to the fight any more. Death Cloud, Detonate, Touch of Death, and that chanter rip the flesh invocation should also work. Because of how tanky Dorudugan is, an instakill just at Near Death is still literally like thousands of damage and lots of minutes saved. (though you need to do some accuracy buffing and/or bring along a morning star since most of these target fortitude and dorudugan has huge fortitude defense)

My take on the fight: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/dorudugan

Edited by thelee
  • Like 3

Yeah, combining the Morningstar Modal, Cap of the Laughing Stock, Miasma of Dull Mindedness, Arkemyr’s Wondrous Torment, and Expose Vulnerabilities will help you land Petrification throughout the battle with a very long duration. Add in a Cipher with Ancestor’s Memory and a Priest with Salvation of Time and you can then set up a permanent Petrification Loop. You can also add in a Wall of Many Colors for good measure.

Yeah, combining the Morningstar Modal, Cap of the Laughing Stock, Miasma of Dull Mindedness, Arkemyr’s Wondrous Torment, and Expose Vulnerabilities will help you land Petrification throughout the battle with a very long duration. Add in a Cipher with Ancestor’s Memory and a Priest with Salvation of Time and you can then set up a permanent Petrification Loop. You can also add in a Wall of Many Colors for good measure.

nit: i don't think miasma and arkemyr's stack, and expose vulnerabilities and cap of the laughingstock won't help (unless you're talking about helping the morningstar connect with dorudugan in the first place).

Is there a way, to prevent "Last Trick" from the sigilmaster? I had killed her, but after that, all pillars got released and i was pretty dead. The cap what should prevent resolve afflictions at all does not work really well, same to Sandals of the Water Lilly and Tayn's chaotic orb stun. Those two pillars are the problem.

Is there a way, to prevent "Last Trick" from the sigilmaster? I had killed her, but after that, all pillars got released and i was pretty dead. The cap what should prevent resolve afflictions at all does not work really well, same to Sandals of the Water Lilly and Tayn's chaotic orb stun. Those two pillars are the problem.

Most people just avoid it by not killing her before the sigils, or at least some of them?

@thelee - ref Shattered Vengeance, at least in my testing a month ago, it appeared that phantoms summoned with your gear (by Wiz) who were wielding Shattered Vengeance would also apply their own stacking damage buff *on top* of the one the player had applied ... multiple phantoms could be summoned to do this, though they never get all 5 hits in each ....

@thelee - ref Shattered Vengeance, at least in my testing a month ago, it appeared that phantoms summoned with your gear (by Wiz) who were wielding Shattered Vengeance would also apply their own stacking damage buff *on top* of the one the player had applied ... multiple phantoms could be summoned to do this, though they never get all 5 hits in each ....

yeah, I saw someone (maybe even you) talking about that on the forums elsewhere. I'm not trying to capture every single possible option since I'm sure there are plenty of metagaming options that I haven't thought of or read about, but yes that is a real option to help things along.

Most people just avoid it by not killing her before the sigils, or at least some of them?

Would be not such a problem, if they would stay open longer. But excluding the first one, what is always terror, the order seems random.

Both items i mentioned, do not work properly. I don't know for sure, if it's because of arcane dampener or not, but those are not active inspirations like bravado, i thought it would be the same like a food bonus, because that prevents ryngrim's repulsive visage or tayn's from working. Maybe a bug or intented?

How high has your Will to be, to prevent terrified / stunned or arcane dampener?

Both items i mentioned, do not work properly. I don't know for sure, if it's because of arcane dampener or not

Honestly I can't say for sure because I literally have never let Auranic get down to near death without having killed all the obelisks, but Arcane Dampener is a little weird like that. It will suppress some duration-less effects, but leave others alone. Passive, duration-less item effects should not be suppressed, but I would not be terribly surprised if Horns of the Bleak Mother and/or Sandals of the Water Lily are implemented oddly. I would actually report as a bug in the bug forum, attaching a saved game as well, just in case.

nit: i don't think miasma and arkemyr's stack, and expose vulnerabilities and cap of the laughingstock won't help (unless you're talking about helping the morningstar connect with dorudugan in the first place).

Miasma and Arkemyr's do not stack, but Akremyr's has a higher base duration, and is easier to land once you have hit with Miasma, but that's mostly just a convenience thing.  And yes, Expose Vulnerabilities and Cap of the Laughing Stock make it easier to land Body Blows and for a Cipher to generate focus after using the starting focus and regaining focus from using Empower.  

• Like 1

Both items i mentioned, do not work properly. I don't know for sure, if it's because of arcane dampener or not

Honestly I can't say for sure because I literally have never let Auranic get down to near death without having killed all the obelisks, but Arcane Dampener is a little weird like that. It will suppress some duration-less effects, but leave others alone. Passive, duration-less item effects should not be suppressed, but I would not be terribly surprised if Horns of the Bleak Mother and/or Sandals of the Water Lily are implemented oddly. I would actually report as a bug in the bug forum, attaching a saved game as well, just in case.

It's a bug. The "effects" of the sandals, show up nowhere, same if you use armor of flesh from effigy husk, it does not show up in the character sheet or anywhere.

• Like 1

Now for Dorudagan, who seems like a huge time sink more than a challenge. I tried him today, but got bored and decided to take a break. Any advice from anyone on that guy? My team wasn't having too much trouble surviving against him as long as we stayed close, but we also weren't able to really dent his health bar at all. From what I've read, lightning damage is key. Anyone know where the ideal place to position my team should be? Range or melee?

I've posted this from the other thread before but this might give you some ideas:

A 3 man team that will easily carry you all the way to the 4 megabosses:

Single Class Barb (berserker)

Single Class Chanter (troubadour)

Multi-Class Priest/Paladin (eothas and whatever you want) 

How it works:

Retaliation Barbs (pick human for better synergy) have one of the highest if not the highest DPS in-game due to the fact that they pretty much insta-attack without recovery. Add an Estoc (Blade of the Endless Path is the best Estoc simply for the crazy accuracy buff and enemy deflection debuff) to that and lower your deflection (using the modal) further down to 55 deflection and you'll be proccing it pretty much all the time. Shroud of the Phantom + Effigy's Husk + Effort is pretty troll too against mobs. But if you want to destroy a durable single target enemy, the use Blade of the Endless Paths.

Priest is used for Barring Death's Door + Salvation of Time to have infinite Barring Death's Door on our Retaliation Barb. Priest also has some nice buff spells. I multi-classed it with Paladin so we can beef up our Priest to have excellent durability. It's pretty much a utility, healing, buffing tanky asf bot.

We have a pure chanter because we need his brilliance invocation so the priest can keep spamming SOT on the BDD'd Barbarian. It lets our Barb spam Barbaric blows too but the crazy thing is, his main damage source is still the retaliation attacks despite Barbaric Blows being pretty damn strong.

So now we have a Barb comfortably sitting at 1hp, not dying and has a damaging 2H weapon doing insta attacks... It's simply game-over for the enemy.

The last 2 members are optional so it's up to you what you want to add for the other 2 members. Personally I would go for a pure evoker wizard so it can spam (chanter brilliance invocation) the strongest wizard spells like Wall of Colours, Minoletta's Missile Salvo or Meteor Shower as it stays from the back. Or as Thelee said, Petrification is very effective against Dorudugan if you can land it so feel free to spam that too. You can also have a ranged crit machine helwaker which gets crazy +10 might, +10 int, +10 accuracy from wounds, +12 accuracy from enduring dance. Have double mortars and you can spam stunning surge in a HUUUUGE AOE to mobs stunning them for a LOOOONG TIME. Also your stunning surge gets refunded as you will crit a lot. You want to kill a beefier single target enemy? Switch to a single kitchen-stove (4 shots per attack) and stack resonant stacks. Dorudugan only needs 550 stacks to denotate him to oblivion.

Edited by giftmefood
  • Like 2

Now for Dorudagan, who seems like a huge time sink more than a challenge. I tried him today, but got bored and decided to take a break. Any advice from anyone on that guy? My team wasn't having too much trouble surviving against him as long as we stayed close, but we also weren't able to really dent his health bar at all. From what I've read, lightning damage is key. Anyone know where the ideal place to position my team should be? Range or melee?

I've posted this from the other thread before but this might give you some ideas:

How it works:

Retaliation Barbs (pick human for better synergy) have one of the highest if not the highest DPS in-game due to the fact that they pretty much insta-attack without recovery. Add an Estoc (Blade of the Endless Path is the best Estoc simply for the crazy accuracy buff and enemy deflection debuff) to that and lower your deflection (using the modal) further down to 55 deflection and you'll be proccing it pretty much all the time. Shroud of the Phantom + Effigy's Husk + Effort is pretty troll too against mobs. But if you want to destroy a durable single target enemy, the use Blade of the Endless Paths.

Priest is used for Barring Death's Door + Salvation of Time to have infinite Barring Death's Door on our Retaliation Barb. Priest also has some nice buff spells. I multi-classed it with Paladin so we can beef up our Priest to have excellent durability. It's pretty much a utility, healing, buffing tanky asf bot.

We have a pure chanter because we need his brilliance invocation so the priest can keep spamming SOT on the BDD'd Barbarian. It lets our Barb spam Barbaric blows too but the crazy thing is, his main damage source is still the retaliation attacks despite Barbaric Blows being pretty damn strong.

So now we have a Barb comfortably sitting at 1hp, not dying and has a damaging 2H weapon doing insta attacks... It's simply game-over for the enemy.

The last 2 members are optional so it's up to you what you want to add for the other 2 members. Personally I would go for a pure evoker wizard so it can spam (chanter brilliance invocation) the strongest wizard spells like Wall of Colours, Minoletta's Missile Salvo or Meteor Shower as it stays from the back. Or as Thelee said, Petrification is very effective against Dorudugan if you can land it so feel free to spam that too. You can also have a ranged crit machine helwaker which gets crazy +10 might, +10 int, +10 accuracy from wounds, +12 accuracy from enduring dance. Have double mortars and you can spam stunning surge in a HUUUUGE AOE to mobs stunning them for a LOOOONG TIME. Also your stunning surge gets refunded as you will crit a lot. You want to kill a beefier single target enemy? Switch to a single kitchen-stove (4 shots per attack) and stack resonant stacks. Dorudugan only needs 550 stacks to denotate him to oblivion.

Thanks for this. But I think it will still take too much time. I'll probably live it for my next pt. Maybe.

sign.jpg

How it works:

Thanks for this. But I think it will still take too much time. I'll probably live it for my next pt. Maybe.

The 3 man party usually takes 20 - 25 minutes but if you had the Monk build I suggested, it takes around 15-20 minutes to build 550 stacks to blow him up. 

• Like 1

After reading @thelee's guide, I collected gear today and had at it again. I gotta say, I LOATHE this fight. It's basically a WoW fight in all of the worst ways. Auranic was frustrating, but there was a solution in the sigils...this fight is gross and should be reworked into something more interesting. If I wanted to relive Molten Core, I'd find a Vanilla WoW server. Take a cue from D:OS 2 and make a more unique optional fight, like the Doctor. Also, I used up all of my adra ban and can't upgrade Essence Interrupter or that pistol. So, really frustrating. My key takeaways:

• Fire resistance gear was useless for me.
  • Tanking seems like a bad plan...maybe summons?
  • Move whichever character is getting hit if you have Grog
  • Have a massive amount of time
  • Move from one end of the map to the other when he does the flame mines and hope to god that the AI (which is turned off!) doesn't screw me. Seriously, what's up with that?

My team: Nalpazca Monk, Herald Pellagina, Chanter/druid squid head dude, Seraphim as cipher, and eder as Swashbuckler tank. I can swap in pure priest Xoti or pure mage Aloth, but found Aloth was all but useless. I am willing to respec any of these, but for RP reasons I refuse to go for a hireling. Is it possible with this group? I have Seraph with Essence Interrupter, MC monk with duel pistols (she usually does melee), Eder with Shattered Vengeance+shield and Pallegina with that raw damage sword I keep on forgetting the name of+Lelandra. I have defeated every other fight in the game that I'm aware of. Should I switch them all to range like with Belranga? I get the feeling I'll have to respec everyone to even make a dent in this guy, but maybe I'm just tired.

Edited by Carnifexus

After reading @thelee's guide, I collected gear today and had at it again. I gotta say, I LOATHE this fight. It's basically a WoW fight in all of the worst ways. Auranic was frustrating, but there was a solution in the sigils...this fight is gross and should be reworked into something more interesting. If I wanted to relive Molten Core, I'd find a Vanilla WoW server. Take a cue from D:OS 2 and make a more unique optional fight, like the Doctor. Also, I used up all of my adra ban and can't upgrade Essence Interrupter or that pistol. So, really frustrating. My key takeaways:

• Move from one end of the map to the other when he does the flame mines and hope to god that the AI (which is turned off!) doesn't screw me. Seriously, what's up with that?

My team: Nalpazca Monk, Herald Pellagina, Chanter/druid squid head dude, Seraphim as cipher, and eder as Swashbuckler tank. I can swap in pure priest Xoti or pure mage Aloth, but found Aloth was all but useless. I am willing to respec any of these, but for RP reasons I refuse to go for a hireling. Is it possible with this group? I have Seraph with Essence Interrupter, MC monk with duel pistols (she usually does melee), Eder with Shattered Vengeance+shield and Pallegina with that raw damage sword I keep on forgetting the name of+Lelandra. I have defeated every other fight in the game that I'm aware of. Should I switch them all to range like with Belranga? I get the feeling I'll have to respec everyone to even make a dent in this guy, but maybe I'm just tired.

Drop the other three and keep Nalpazca Monk and Herald Pellagina. 

Use pellagina for summoning ancient weapons as well as the chanter phrase that summons skeletons. I've tried this with a troubadour subclass so I don't know if this will work with normal chanters but I think it should. The summons should keep Dorudugan busy. Make sure to spread out the ancient weapons so when Dorudugan does the meteor shower thing, one of them should survive. Make sure pellagina has exalted endurance (hp regen per 3) and any other hp regen items as well as having enough burn armour (only meteors will hit her as the summons will do the tanking while she stays near Dorudugan NOT attacking him). I recommend horn of auroch helmet so he can't pull you either. 

For the Nalpazca Monk, get frostseeker. Normally I would recommend kitchen stove but that has too low range when you don't have a proper tank and you only rely on summons for tanking. With frostseeker excess range, you should be able to reposition if Dorudugan kills all the summons and starts coming towards you. Stack all +accuracy items and have the captain's belt so Dorudugan can't pull you. Also make sure you have Revku Cape (turns all fire damage to healing) so you don't die fcrom Dorudugan meteor attacks. To proc it you can have Pellagina force attack your Nalpazca Monk and kill your Nalpazca Monk to gain an injury before the fight. 

Equip the grog pet so that in the unlikely scenario Dorudugan reaches or use his pull power thing your Nalpazca Monk or Pellagina can just run away. 

This fight should take you 15-20 minutes as you only need to have 550 stacks of resonant touch to denotate Dorudugan. So do stack alot of drugs in your monk invnetory. But that should not be a problem as a drug lasts for around 250-300 seconds. There you go, easy peasy. 

Edited by giftmefood

Drop the other three and keep Nalpazca Monk and Herald Pellagina. 

Use pellagina for summoning ancient weapons as well as the chanter phrase that summons skeletons. I've tried this with a troubadour subclass so I don't know if this will work with normal chanters but I think it should. The summons should keep Dorudugan busy. Make sure to spread out the ancient weapons so when Dorudugan does the meteor shower thing, one of them should survive. Make sure pellagina has exalted endurance (hp regen per 3) and any other hp regen items as well as having enough burn armour (only meteors will hit her as the summons will do the tanking while she stays near Dorudugan NOT attacking him). I recommend horn of auroch helmet so he can't pull you either. 

For the Nalpazca Monk, get frostseeker. Normally I would recommend kitchen stove but that has too low range when you don't have a proper tank and you only rely on summons for tanking. With frostseeker excess range, you should be able to reposition if Dorudugan kills all the summons and starts coming towards you. Stack all +accuracy items and have the captain's belt so Dorudugan can't pull you. Also make sure you have Revku Cape (turns all fire damage to healing) so you don't die fcrom Dorudugan meteor attacks. To proc it you can have Pellagina force attack your Nalpazca Monk and kill your Nalpazca Monk to gain an injury before the fight. 

Equip the grog pet so that in the unlikely scenario Dorudugan reaches or use his pull power thing your Nalpazca Monk or Pellagina can just run away. 

This fight should take you 15-20 minutes as you only need to have 550 stacks of resonant touch to denotate Dorudugan. So do stack alot of drugs in your monk invnetory. But that should not be a problem as a drug lasts for around 250-300 seconds. There you go, easy peasy. 

Alrighty, thanks, that sounds pretty doable. I am pretty sure I have frostseeker still. As per usual, I tend to overcomplicate these fights. Will report back when/if I'm successful.