One of the advantages of ranged vs. Hellfire boss, as far as I can tell, is that you're not subject to his Cleave attack that reduces your max HP.  When you melee him, it tends to hit you (have to see if that deflection build above can do better), and then even if the attack doesn't do much damage, it leaves you at like 50% or less of your max HP as your new max (I think it stacks).  Meaning that even with higher AR and stacked healing, he can still kill you a lot easier with 1-2 hits.  At least that's what I've seen.

As for the deflection stacking, the trade-off is accuracy -- having to stack accuracy gear to be able to hit him reliably vs. deflection gear to protect yourself (accuracy penalty/manlus of large shield, deflection bracers vs. greater reliability / accuracy, etc).  Curious to see people's builds as they get refined.  Chanter (herald) has tools to self buff on various fronts, which is what makes it so powerful, outside of carrying some potions/scrolls.   Keep up the good planning!

Alright, my deflection tank can't seem to do enough damage even with animancer's blade (raw damage so i pen dordu but my accuracy is too low) or kapana taga (did better but still no damage, can do 75% damage to dordu at -1 pen with piercing strikes potions but again my accuracy is too low) 

Alright so here is the pally/wizard deflection build for dordugan facetanking. Sadly can't kill dordu but will tank forever. (TESTED btw on POTD upscaled)

Rekvu helmet (stop interruptions)

Bonesetters Torc necklace (get that hp regen boi!)

Casita Semelia armour (for deflection)

Cape of Falling Star (for deflection)

Greater Deflection gloves (gor deflection)

Ahu Taka boots (get that hp regen boi!)

Psychers belt (get that hp regen boi!)

Ring of Greater Regen (get that hp regen boi!)

Entonia Signet ring (for deflection)

Giftwrapper pet (more healing! and that +1 armour)

Weapon we use is Kapana Taga as it's got +5 accuracy, +1 armor, +4 deflection when no allies are around and +4 accuracy for each engaged target. 

Shield we use is Bronlar's Phalanx as it has +10 deflection at 50%hp as well as crazy buff with stand firm at 25%hp or lower (sadly, we don't go even go less than 30%hp on this build)

Why no Rekvu cape for Dordu meteor? Because we have so much deflection we don't get hit by his meteor attack.

Why no Cadhu Scath? Bronlar gives better deflection even with Cadhu being at 24 athletics. Also we want to hove around 50%hp to get use of Llengrath's safeguard

Late game stat distribution should be (assuming no rest buffs)

Mig 25 (more healing)

Con 10 (we want to be chunked to 50%hp quicker to proc Llengrath's safeguard which is one of our main defense component)

Dex 10 (don't need it)

Per 25 (we want to be more accurate but sadly even at 25 accuracy, we only have a paltry 111 accuracy total which has 28% hit rate on Dordu)

Int 20 (good for abilities to last)

Res 20 (for deflection mainly)

We only use 2 spells in this build. Every other spell it's up to you. We use Arcane Veil and Llengrath's safeguard. DO make sure to get the paladin passives to make you tanky. Don't forget to activate large shield modal as it is necessary against the meteor attacks. 

This is the ai parameters so you don't have to control your character and you can just watch:

self: has concentration (tick not) arcane veil 0cd

always true llengrath's safeguard 90cd

self: health below 50 (tick not) blood sacrifice 5cd

Make sure to eat for Hylea's bounty as it just works so well for this build! Also you need to self kill yourself with necrotic lance to gain acute rash wound  (the best wound to have as it's penalty is so low -5 fortitude, -3 corrode armor) so your rekvu helmet can work

You should have a base of 188 deflection + 50 from arcane veil, armor rating of 22 (slash and shock at 20, corrode at 19, fire and burn armor at 26 because im pale elf), exalted endurance heals for 7hp, bloodmage passive heals for 10hp, ring heals for 6hp, pet heals for 2hp. It's pretty insane how tanky this build is. 

Make sure to stay on this page as I have an idea to improve my existing nalpazca/bloodmage build. We might actually have a true solo of Dordu build then! Will test it tomorrow and relay my findings. 

Edited by giftmefood

One of the advantages of ranged vs. Hellfire boss, as far as I can tell, is that you're not subject to his Cleave attack that reduces your max HP.  When you melee him, it tends to hit you (have to see if that deflection build above can do better), and then even if the attack doesn't do much damage, it leaves you at like 50% or less of your max HP as your new max (I think it stacks).  Meaning that even with higher AR and stacked healing, he can still kill you a lot easier with 1-2 hits.  At least that's what I've seen.

As for the deflection stacking, the trade-off is accuracy -- having to stack accuracy gear to be able to hit him reliably vs. deflection gear to protect yourself (accuracy penalty/manlus of large shield, deflection bracers vs. greater reliability / accuracy, etc).  Curious to see people's builds as they get refined.  Chanter (herald) has tools to self buff on various fronts, which is what makes it so powerful, outside of carrying some potions/scrolls.   Keep up the good planning!

Kaylon's build have shown ar stacking works against Dordugan. His build can facetank Dordugan forever too.

Also my deflection stacking build facetanks Dordugan with ease too.

I know, it's hard to believe but all we needed is a little push from each other. I'd say we've come far. 

I’m glad u made it :) Any way I think neither a AR tank nor deflection tank can do enough damage to kill dordugan...

Or maybe if I can find a way to place affliction steadily on dordugan, I can try a steel garrote/streetfighter build that based on life stealing. Currently I cannot find a way to put affliction on it so cannot trigger the life stealing from garrote. I tried griffin blade but the dazed on crit has a hidden fort check so it doesn’t work.

Edited by dunehunter

I’m glad u made it :) Any way I think neither a AR tank nor deflection tank can do enough damage to kill dordugan...

Or maybe if I can find a way to place affliction steadily on dordugan, I can try a steel garrote/streetfighter build that based on life stealing. Currently I cannot find a way to put affliction on it so cannot trigger the life stealing from garrote. I tried griffin blade but the dazed on crit has a hidden fort check so it doesn’t work.

I know a way, Dune! I should be able to make either a pally/monk wiz/monk solo dordu build. Ill need to upgrade my previous wiz/monk build or if i need more tankiness then ill make a new pally/monk build. Can't wait to test it later on and see if it lives up to what I had in mind.

Edited by giftmefood

How high are Dordugan's Fortitude and Will again?

192 fortitude, 179 will

^ this is a spawned in Dordu at POTD upscaled (I'm level 20) so it might be different to actual Dordu. Can someone confirm? I actually wanna find out.

My console'd Dordu stats:

159 deflection

192 fortitude

157 reflex

179 will

19 armor (22 for slash, 15 for crush, 11 for shock) which is stronger than Kaylon's Dordu stats too?

I don't get why my Dordu is way stronger than Kaylon's? 

Kaylon's Dordu pen values are: 

crush (shield - 15 pen),

pierce/crush (main weapon - 18 pen),

slash (AoE - 14 pen) 

While my Dordu has :

crush (shield - 17pen) 13 base, 2 from potd, 2 from level scaling 

pierce/crush (main weapon - 20 pen) 16 base, 2 from potd, 2 from level scaling

Dordugan seems to miss me with his slash attacks due to large shield modal pretty much blocking reflex based attacks so I can't see what it's pen value is. 

Edited by giftmefood

So I went to fight the big black good and managed to kill its first form. I think it took like 1,5 hours. Then it split into 2 and at that point, like in all long fights, my game had slowed down so much that it was pretty much unplayable choppy laghell so I just thought "I'm not going to do this" and just killed it thru console.

For what do you linger here?

What about a Paladin/Blood mage, I think with infinite spell resource it is possible to tank Dorudugan.

You were in my highest deflection post when I recommended Nalpazca/Blood mage as the closest. The problem is his cleave. You will need at least 240 Deflection for that to reliably miss you. 

It's pretty easy to reach 230 deflection without 1.pet, 2. food, 3. rest bonus as screenshot below(also my character is a no MC so deep faith is not maxed), so I assume it's really easy to reach 240 Deflection. All u need to do is casting Arcane Veil -> Blood sacrifice -> Arcane Veil -> Blood sacrifice and so on.

Animancer's Enegry Blade is the best weapon for the build because it ignores AR.

vevtpFx.jpg

IF only Cadhu Scalth didn't look like a rotting cucumber...   when will we ever get the ability to transform items?  (think pet machine for items...)

Oh yeah, and the Animancer's Energy Blade looks like a unicorn turd on a fancy hilt...  (can you tell, I'm not a fan of the artwork?)

Edited by heldred
  • Like 1

Alright, my deflection tank can't seem to do enough damage even with animancer's blade (raw damage so i pen dordu but my accuracy is too low) or kapana taga (did better but still no damage, can do 75% damage to dordu at -1 pen with piercing strikes potions but again my accuracy is too low)

Alright so here is the pally/wizard deflection build for dordugan facetanking. Sadly can't kill dordu but will tank forever. (TESTED btw on POTD upscaled)

Weapon we use is Kapana Taga as it's got +5 accuracy, +1 armor, +4 deflection when no allies are around and +4 accuracy for each engaged target.

Shield we use is Bronlar's Phalanx as it has +10 deflection at 50%hp as well as crazy buff with stand firm at 25%hp or lower (sadly, we don't go even go less than 30%hp on this build)

Why no Rekvu cape for Dordu meteor? Because we have so much deflection we don't get hit by his meteor attack.

Why no Cadhu Scath? Bronlar gives better deflection even with Cadhu being at 24 athletics. Also we want to hove around 50%hp to get use of Llengrath's safeguard

Mig 25 (more healing)

Con 10 (we want to be chunked to 50%hp quicker to proc Llengrath's safeguard which is one of our main defense component)

Dex 10 (don't need it)

Per 25 (we want to be more accurate but sadly even at 25 accuracy, we only have a paltry 111 accuracy total which has 28% hit rate on Dordu)

We only use 2 spells in this build. Every other spell it's up to you. We use Arcane Veil and Llengrath's safeguard. DO make sure to get the paladin passives to make you tanky. Don't forget to activate large shield modal as it is necessary against the meteor attacks.

This is the ai parameters so you don't have to control your character and you can just watch:

Make sure to eat for Hylea's bounty as it just works so well for this build! Also you need to self kill yourself with necrotic lance to gain acute rash wound (the best wound to have as it's penalty is so low -5 fortitude, -3 corrode armor) so your rekvu helmet can work

You should have a base of 188 deflection + 50 from arcane veil, armor rating of 22 (slash and shock at 20, corrode at 19, fire and burn armor at 26 because im pale elf), exalted endurance heals for 7hp, bloodmage passive heals for 10hp, ring heals for 6hp, pet heals for 2hp. It's pretty insane how tanky this build is.

Make sure to stay on this page as I have an idea to improve my existing nalpazca/bloodmage build. We might actually have a true solo of Dordu build then! Will test it tomorrow and relay my findings.

some suggestion:

Maybe human race is better because of +7acc. Clown hat -10def to enemy. Substantial Phantom with melee weapon could flank it. You can also casts Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure, and change shock bow before summon. Substantial Phantom has 113acc with myth hunter bow.

• Like 1

Mig 25 (more healing)

Dex 10 (don't need it)

Make sure to eat for Hylea's bounty as it just works so well for this build! Also you need to self kill yourself with necrotic lance to gain acute rash wound (the best wound to have as it's penalty is so low -5 fortitude, -3 corrode armor) so your rekvu helmet can work

some suggestion:

Maybe human race is better because of +7acc. Clown hat -10def to enemy. Substantial Phantom with melee weapon could flank it. You can also casts Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure, and change shock bow before summon. Substantial Phantom has 113acc with myth hunter bow.

True for the human suggestion. You need rekvu helmet for no interruptions though. 113acc is too low. You need 135 at least.

the trick is:

Raven Darkholme tactic(brilliant from cloak/wall of draining/potion of final stand)

When she split spam big hammers(unique spell) on both gigantic oozes (nothing else, after a while you gonna see big numbers and interrupts preventing merging) but You have to cast on one ooze more hammers than on other so you kill one while just interrupt second (that is tricky part, but necessary because if both gigantics die You will end with 4 massive and thats too much to control with interrupts, I've learned it hard way) . When one gigantic dies go for two massive oozes (just hammers), let other gigantic live. When massive die, quickly cast gaze of adragan and some AoE dmg because anything below massive will try to merge instantly.

Once again big props to Raven, that potion/wall of draining trick is a game changer.

Edited by Waski
  • Like 2

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

this is pretty much like victor creed's build isn't? (raven and victor are the same)

but props to you for using minoletta's piercing burst though! that's something new. 

Edited by giftmefood
  • Like 1

this is pretty much like victor creed's build isn't? (raven and victor are the same)

but props to you for using minoletta's piercing burst though! that's something new. 

Yeh i pretty much followed his comments on here (didn't watch his stream tho), and then blended in some ideas from the Electric Dyslexic build.  I figured out that once Doru gets to about half-health, you can really start to ease up on the wall draining and start pounding him with hammers and piercing burst (which ignores armor).  I'm also using a lot of crit jewelry and some items for the weapon like greater reliability gauntlets (also his tip).  But the piecing burst damage is like 2x-3x what i can get from the Crushing Dooms and weapon hits, and with Brilliant you can just spam it:  burst-burst-wall or burst-burst-hammer

Can't figure out how not to get cleansed and killed by Sigilmaster (sigil of cleansing) tho, and I tried the Ooze boss once using tips above but he has some kind of BDD-cleaner attack I think?  Anyway I gave up on both of those.

Killed the ooze today as well, as the last of my megabosses.

It has indeed a "cleansing" attack, so your defenses need to be decent to not lose your durations, even tho you're draining.

Small shield (no w+s style) + arcane veil was enough for me, didn't pay attention for a while and had bow equipped, lost my brilliant even tho I was stacking walls like crazy.

As to the sigilmaster you have to burst the cleansing sigil when you'rte in phase 1 and no more than 1 sigil is up, in phase 2 you wanna retreat if both cleansing and tayn's sigil are up.

I killed Sigilmaster as first megaboss, wayyyyyyy before I used walls of draining, so my main "schtick" was brilliant with phantom, but keep in mind if you retreat to the exit sigilmaster won't follow and you will eventually get brilliant, so retreating whenever a combo of sigils you don't like is up, will actually fullheal you and get all your spells back.

(also uit's good to know arcane reflection is good vs tayn and unbending is good vs missiles)

• Like 3

After beating Belranga PotD upscale with Galawain challenge (it had bullish buff - my st elca tank was not even able to heal herself, ALLWAYS interrupt, god bless she had resistance to knockback... not to mention buffs on small spiders, LOL) i thought nothing can be worse, but that ooze was even worse crap.

They totally dont merge at 50, the smaller they are, sooner they merge, but when they start merging, they chain merge without any delays. Worst problem is, that it takes ages, and one small mistake, and you are screwed. I lost my nerves 3 times, fourth time i beat it.

I really like these fights - they have brain, but it should be finetuned a bit better, not make it so frustrating crap - especially with so meager rewards (mythic stuff is NOT needed for anything, and just 4 pieces for all bosses either wont change any outcome of any battle - which one, guardian of ukaizo? ...). These fights bit smoothed should be part of game, because every fight in vanilla game is just walk in the park. Instead they are just optional stuff, basically worthless to do them (i dont care about achievements personally, but i know lot of people do, and it doesnt even give achievements, uhh - imo these battles are the only thing from all game, worthy of achievement).

I am playing with vanilla companions, only st Elca/Troubadour tank mercenary, because Pallegina is useles, and Eder also can tank almost nothing. Now going for that hellfire colossus, another half day spent LOL (or more? i hope not). Keeping sigilmaster as last, because i dont like idea to need to respec for one fight - so far i didnt, and seems for her i will need it.

Edited by kiki78
  • Like 1

Ok, so i decided to pass on Dodurugan, i totally dont have nerves for that. It is certainly beatable, but why would i bother. Its trinket is crap (although theres no use for any of trinkets, only ukaizo left = no point), and constructs are just stupid.

I went to sigilmaster, failed with captain banquets completely - several times, then went to Neketaka for Konstanten room buff. Lightning sigil killed itself after second activation, i didnt even bother hitting it with anything. Xoti with herald ancient memory was able to easily outheal it. 30-40 perc reflect on all party just makes it easy. Potions didnt seem effective, because cleansing sigil and her dampener (or her spirit summons cast it) removed them in moment.

EXCEPT terror sigil. That one completely disabled all party, so in the end, i was half afk, party constantly terrified, Ydwin's gouging strike doing 7 damage ticks, and Herald auras healing. That took maybe 10 minutes, maybe longer than rest of fight (zzz), but noone died. When sigil broke, Auranic died in moment after.

So 3 bosses out of 4. With sub optimal party except tank + main, although Xoti who i consider usually dead weight, was shining in these fights. Not bored enough to deal with Dodu.

Oh and about sigilmaster - my sage main didnt have arcane dampener. I thought i would need to respec, and it was not needed, to my happiness. (respec in Deadfire feels like big cheat, it should be for some major price, or just once per playthrough, or just few levels - it is completely anti RP and metagaming is most boring thing possible ----- although no respec at all + no info about basic things, like Pathfinder Kingmaker is probably bit worse, just a bit, lol) 

The way Obs designed some higher level spells & abilities to replicate/replace lower-level ones makes me think that they actually intended for respecs to be part of the game.  Also, when you have broken encounters -- like Writ of Sorcery not affecting the Cleansing (and perhaps other) Sigil -- I don't feel bad about it at all.  Even with a respec it took me a long time to beat Sigilmaster on my Deathless Thaumaturge POTD solo build, 100% due to the Sigil and the Arcane Cleanse nature.  Obviously you are entitled to you opinion/feelings on the matter and I'm not trying to invalidate them, just providing my perpective.

I expect the Ooze fight to be so tedious I've been putting off doing it and am not sure I ever will.

Edited by brasilgringo

I expect the Ooze fight to be so tedious I've been putting off doing it and am not sure I ever will.

I'm sure I won't bother with it in PotD. Doing it on Veteran was enough for one lifetime. :p

The Ooze bites the dust. Very easy, second try. It took about 30 mins but i played it safe, i took my time to setup my buffs. After you kill off one of the small ones pretty much all the danger goes away. Just spam hammer when they split, chillfog to blind them and slicked just incase. If you need help with damage the pillar spam ftw.

• Like 1

The battle against Auranic was really annoying, so I decided to cheat. I inflicted Gouging Strike on her and the Sigils, and then moved her away with Coordinated Positioning. I went back to the Sigils, beyond her attack range, and then there was nothing else necessary to win.

But I decided to accelerate things and kill her faster, which caused her to use "Endless Assault" and activate the Sigils. :facepalm:

I barely made it.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

The battle against Auranic was really annoying, so I decided to cheat. I inflicted Gouging Strike on her and the Sigils, and then moved her away with Coordinated Positioning. I went back to the Sigils, beyond her attack range, and then there was nothing else necessary to win.

But I decided to accelerate things and kill her faster, which caused her to use "Endless Assault" and activate the Sigils. :facepalm:

I barely made it.

That's pretty clever, if she just ends up wherever you position her to (with Coord Pos) and doesn't come back.  I suppose you could swap her once or twice all the way down to the entrance.  Clever.  Though for me the largest problem was the Cleansing Sigil.