1) Have dex afliction immunity item, this is critical - there are boots from the DLC boat, i used those.

2) I possitioned myself at the entrance, the small spiders got in between the boss and me, i let those alive whole fight to ensure i couldnt be melee hit by the boss

3) buff myself, and keep draining wall up, make sure it hits as many targets as possible (this way you will have all the buffs forever), make sure you have undying, with unending duration it will stack and stac kand it will heal for 200+hp per tick

4) kill about 100 of the small spiders to get 100 debuffs on the boss, just make sure you dont touch those infront of the boss. I used draining missiles and sometimes chillfog

5) after i had the stacks i used the draining missiles to kill the boss. I didnt bother with other spells and played it safe. Use only Draining missiles and draining wawe to keep it up. The missiles have huge range, so you are safe from the boss. You cant use the beam spells, because you would hit the small spiders. Freezing pillar has too short range and it would probably hit the spiders too. 

Man, what an *amazing* strategy!  Thanks!!! Nailed it on first try.  The "Wall of Draining" plus Unbending/Safeguard is amazing.  I didn't know that.  I also played it safe but stood close enough to throw in some beams. 

Album showing the amazing stats you get from wall of draining, on Llengrath's Safeguard and Unbending:  https://imgur.com/a/ZYpn6mN

Thanks again!

You are welcome, the fight was very easy like this. Sigilmaster Auranic is very easy too. Dorudugan on the other hand is very annoying but doable.

Heralds (Paladin/Chanter).  They can solo the mega bosses.  

In my next playthrough, I will build my entire party to be chanters and tanks.  

This is wrong for Dorudugan. Even a highly min maxed herald will die to Dordugan in a solo melee fight. You can cheese it by distracting him with skeleton summon chant while you poke him at range for 28 minutes straight. But no you can't go toe to toe meleeing Dorudugan. 

The herald can tank Dorudugan with the right build, however most of his fireballs will land near and heal him - that's why it's better to stay at range.

Wait, have you tested this? I would love to know that build actually! Also, I just realized you are the guy on youtube I watched fight Dorudugan. Wow! haha 

Also will that tank herald build be able to kill Dorudugan or is it just a case of not dying but unable to kill Dorudugan either? 

The build is nearly the same as the one from the Sigilmaster video, but using Rekvu's Casque & Cloak instead. The only tricky part is to get all your melee resists high enough (without relying on potions) - maybe I will post a little video to show how it works.

PS. In the FS expansion I think there's also a new pet giving +1 armor which would make things even easier. 

Nope, it won't work. Don't say stuff when you haven't even tried it yet. You could have said you know a build that MIGHT work. Not a build that works. Now you just look stupid. 

Because I can tell you now, I've done that and it's impossible to do it solo. The herald can't tank Dorudugan even with your "right" build. However with a duo healer, it's doable. 

I never make such statements without testing. When I'm not sure or I don't test I would say "I think" or 'it might work". If you were smart you would have found by yourself by now with the clues I have given and instead of posting crap you would have said "I wasn't able to find a way" instead "you can't do it". But after I will show how it's done it's you who will look even more stupid.

Haha, goodluck. Been there done that, your so called build. You are so ignorant *facepalm* at least try to do a herald build first and facetank Dorudugan before saying that it can do it. Because I'm telling you now, it won't. I've got more experience than you, I mean you're clueless right now. You really think a herald can solo facetank Dorudugan -.- 

Edited by giftmefood

I did beat following bosses solo as tactian/bloodmage:

Belranga

Sigilmaster Auranic

Dorudugan

Rest of the game including Forgotten Sanctum was easy enough.

Huani o Whe is probably impossible

Yeah, Dorudugan is a mega megaboss for my bloodmage/nalpazca build. Every other megaboss was piss easy, even Huani. He was just a big lumbering piece of hp that posed no threat to me. Dorudugan otherwise, eff this guy.

@brasilgringo what's Ngati's Blessing? Some kind of buff from altar?

It's a +2 CON blessing from the shrine near Nekataka (same island).  https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Teo_Ramunga

I think there are 3 shrines (Nek, Crookspur, and Poko) - each give a bonus but I think you can only have 1 active at a time as praying a 2nd time causes a rest (I think - I couldn't pray at Poko w/o losing bonuses).

I believe I got it first and then stacked the other no-rest bonuses on top (I wanted to buff Con). 

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101300-guide-permanent-bonuses-approach-for-a-no-rest-run/

Sigilmaster Auranic is very easy too. Dorudugan on the other hand is very annoying but doable.

I killed Sigilmaster too, after finally deciding to do it the right way by taking out the sigils (though I didn't know the wall of draining thing when I did it, though obviously fewer mobs).  I nearly killed her 2x before without destroying sigils, but I couldn't power thru the unreletting barrage when she's near death - it kept eating through my Arcane Reflection in like 5 secs. 

I don't want to spend 1 hr on Doru, so I'll wait for someone to explain how to do it in 10-15 mins haha ..

Sigilmaster Auranic is very easy too. Dorudugan on the other hand is very annoying but doable.

I killed Sigilmaster too, after finally deciding to do it the right way by taking out the sigils (though I didn't know the wall of draining thing when I did it, though obviously fewer mobs).  I nearly killed her 2x before without destroying sigils, but I couldn't power thru the unreletting barrage when she's near death - it kept eating through my Arcane Reflection in like 5 secs. 

I don't want to spend 1 hr on Doru, so I'll wait for someone to explain how to do it in 10-15 mins haha ..

Highly unlikely. The guy's defences are crazy while his damage is nuts too. He's also got something around 6khp or something stupid like that. 1 hour seems about right, actually fast if you think about it. 

Belranga

Sigilmaster Auranic

Dorudugan

Yeah, Dorudugan is a mega megaboss for my bloodmage/nalpazca build. Every other megaboss was piss easy, even Huani. He was just a big lumbering piece of hp that posed no threat to me. Dorudugan otherwise, eff this guy.

How did you kill Huani O Whe without controlable summons? What did you do after the split? Or did you cheese it so it died upon split?

• Like 1

Belranga

Sigilmaster Auranic

Dorudugan

How did you kill Huani O Whe without controlable summons? What did you do after the split? Or did you cheese it so it died upon split?

put chanter between two ooze and endlessly summon skeleton

but stun and paralyze them are more important

Edited by uuuhhii

Here's the video with my herald tanking Dorudugan for 30min. Special dedication to @giftmefood who managed once again to ridicule himself.  :banana:

https://youtu.be/9xo8n4xhbd0

Now here are the explanations for why it works:

Dorudugan does 4 types of damage: burn (his fireballs - which heal me), crush (shield - 15 pen), pierce/crush (main weapon - 18 pen), slash (AoE - 14 pen). Like it can be seen in the video I have 21 pierce AR, 20-21 crush AR and 19 slash AR - which means I have almost all the time 75% damage reduction vs his melee attacks while his cleave (AoE slash) is reduced even further by the shield's modal. Ancient Memory+Exalted Endurance heal me for 20+hp every 3s, while Her Courage absorbs another 10 dmg every 6s. In other words there's absolutely no chance for Dorudugan to kill me... ever.

The tricky part of my build is of course my armor. Magnera's Chain is probably the best armor for a tank because it has no weaknesses - it gives 12 crush/slash and 14 pierce AR with mythical enchantment. Akola's  Apex Ward, Stoic Steel and Exalted Endurance add another 5 AR. I have also 1 crush AR from the belt which puts me at 17 slash, 18 crush, 19 pierce AR at the start. Inspired Defenses will give me another 1 crush AR most of the time (because Dorudugan will deal only crush damage to me). The final piece of the puzzle comes from Bardatto's Luxury mace which procs the Hardy Inspiration (+2 AR, +2 Con) every time an ally is knocked unconscious. This buffs stacks with everything because it's a weapon proc - making this mace the ultimate tanking weapon for a herald. The little skeleton I summon every 30s (you can have 10 phrases in your chants - you just put Many Lives, then alternate Ancient Memory/Her Courage until you reach the phrase limit) ensures the buffs stays forever offering me the ultimate protection.

PS. From another thread, special explanation for @giftmefood, the "smartest" person on these boards: Cleave can't be affected by Blade Turn - it's an AoE attack.  :lol:

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 3

Belranga

Sigilmaster Auranic

Dorudugan

put chanter between two ooze and endlessly summon skeleton

but stun and paralyze them are more important

I mean how Giftmefood did Solo with bloodmage/napalzca monk class.

• Like 1

I haven't soloed since POE1, since I like using full parties to experience as many different builds as possible on full play-throughs.  My goal on every play-through is zero deaths.  Because of this goal, I tend to build tankier-builds that can deal with anything without party support. 

With that said, of all the boss fights, I felt that Dorudugan posed the greatest challenge in both POE1 and POE2.  If you are equipped with heavy (heavier) armor and you have group/individual buffs, none of its melee attacks are a real threat (especially if constantly healing on the group).  The real challenge with a group (a diverse group, no repeat builds) is keeping them all alive for the entire fight.  I didn't use Revku's on anyone either, since it was more fun making everyone "concerned" about the fire attacks.

My plan was a good old-fashioned face-tanking and it took about 18-20 minutes.  Every minute had my attention, healing anyone who dipped below 2/3rds health (spells or scrolls) and considering the placement and range of fireballs (shift position or stay put).  My unintentional "exploit," which was really just the best attack I had available, was Soul Annihilation.   I smiled every time it hit and cursed every time I whiffed at full focus.  

Anyone else tackle this colossus with a full party and manage "zero" losses?   If you did, I really want to hear your experiences and tactics.

All this talk of solo builds and POTD and I'm sat here struggling to figure out how to beat them even on Veteran with a full Lv20 NPC party - I mean, I haven't even got to the point of being able to kill enough spiders to land a decent hit on Belranga, and can't damage the ooze one enough to even cause the split never mind survive to actually kill them.

Is there a thread somewhere with dedicated strategies that work, which aren't all about min-maxed solo builds? YouTube videos all seem to be about solo builds too. I'm aware that I need to change up my tactics somewhat, but surely they can be defeated without recourse to a min-maxed custom party?

All this talk of solo builds and POTD and I'm sat here struggling to figure out how to beat them even on Veteran with a full Lv20 NPC party - I mean, I haven't even got to the point of being able to kill enough spiders to land a decent hit on Belranga, and can't damage the ooze one enough to even cause the split never mind survive to actually kill them.

Is there a thread somewhere with dedicated strategies that work, which aren't all about min-maxed solo builds? YouTube videos all seem to be about solo builds too. I'm aware that I need to change up my tactics somewhat, but surely they can be defeated without recourse to a min-maxed custom party?

AOE kills the little spiders pretty quick.  You can block the narrow path to the entrance with 1-2 toons who can stand up to taking some hits and then AOE the spiders from behind them ... I used stacked Chillfogs and things like Combusting Wounds, Ninagauth Pillar ...

You still die *facepalm*

My build can even tank better than yours. 

Here's the video with my herald tanking Dorudugan for 30min. Special dedication to @giftmefood who managed once again to ridicule himself.  :banana:

https://youtu.be/9xo8n4xhbd0

Now here are the explanations for why it works:

Dorudugan does 4 types of damage: burn (his fireballs - which heal me), crush (shield - 15 pen), pierce/crush (main weapon - 18 pen), slash (AoE - 14 pen). Like it can be seen in the video I have 21 pierce AR, 20-21 crush AR and 19 slash AR - which means I have almost all the time 75% damage reduction vs his melee attacks while his cleave (AoE slash) is reduced even further by the shield's modal. Ancient Memory+Exalted Endurance heal me for 20+hp every 3s, while Her Courage absorbs another 10 dmg every 6s. In other words there's absolutely no chance for Dorudugan to kill me... ever.

The tricky part of my build is of course my armor. Magnera's Chain is probably the best armor for a tank because it has no weaknesses - it gives 12 crush/slash and 14 pierce AR with mythical enchantment. Akola's  Apex Ward, Stoic Steel and Exalted Endurance add another 5 AR. I have also 1 crush AR from the belt which puts me at 17 slash, 18 crush, 19 pierce AR at the start. Inspired Defenses will give me another 1 crush AR most of the time (because Dorudugan will deal only crush damage to me). The final piece of the puzzle comes from Bardatto's Luxury mace which procs the Hardy Inspiration (+2 AR, +2 Con) every time an ally is knocked unconscious. This buffs stacks with everything because it's a weapon proc - making this mace the ultimate tanking weapon for a herald. The little skeleton I summon every 30s (you can have 10 phrases in your chants - you just put Many Lives, then alternate Ancient Memory/Her Courage until you reach the phrase limit) ensures the buffs stays forever offering me the ultimate protection.

PS. From another thread, special explanation for @giftmefood, the "smartest" person on these boards: Cleave can't be affected by Blade Turn - it's an AoE attack.  :lol:

Well done! I never thought to go the armur route but rather deflection stacking. Thank you for this! I was wrong and you were right. 

What about a Paladin/Blood mage, I think with infinite spell resource it is possible to tank Dorudugan.

You were in my highest deflection post when I recommended Nalpazca/Blood mage as the closest. The problem is his cleave. You will need at least 240 Deflection for that to reliably miss you. 

It's pretty easy to reach 230 deflection without 1.pet, 2. food, 3. rest bonus as screenshot below(also my character is a no MC so deep faith is not maxed), so I assume it's really easy to reach 240 Deflection. All u need to do is casting Arcane Veil -> Blood sacrifice -> Arcane Veil -> Blood sacrifice and so on.

Animancer's Enegry Blade is the best weapon for the build because it ignores AR.

vevtpFx.jpg

Edited by dunehunter

What about a Paladin/Blood mage, I think with infinite spell resource it is possible to tank Dorudugan.

You were in my highest deflection post when I recommended Nalpazca/Blood mage as the closest. The problem is his cleave. You will need at least 240 Deflection for that to reliably miss you. 

It's pretty easy to reach 230 deflection without 1.pet, 2. food, 3. rest bonus as screenshot below(also my character is a no MC so deep faith is not maxed), so I assume it's really easy to reach 240 Deflection. All u need to do is casting Arcane Veil -> Blood sacrifice -> Arcane Veil -> Blood sacrifice and so on.

Animancer's Enegry Blade is the best weapon for the build because it ignores AR.

vevtpFx.jpg

im going to test if i can regen fast enough to keep using and spamming arcane veil as well as applying llengrath's safeguard and llengrath's displaced image.

Edited by giftmefood

im going to test if i can regen fast enough to keep using BLOOD SACRIFICE and spamming arcane veil as well as applying llengrath's safeguard and llengrath's displaced image.

Edited by giftmefood

vevtpFx.jpg

im going to test if i can regen fast enough to keep using and spamming arcane veil as well as applying llengrath's safeguard and llengrath's displaced image.

I've done it dune! Thank you!! I will share my build here. A deflection tank than can tank Dorudugan for forever. I totally forgot about Llengrath's safeguard and that's all I needed! 

Whew. You really have to calm down a bit.

Why this aggressiveness?

You can say what you want about Kaylon, but he

a) has more experience than most forum users when it comes to solo play

b) never made statements that weren't based on some solid reasoning and/or testing.

Even if you don't believe him: why that escalation?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Whew. You really have to calm down a bit.

Why this aggressivenes?

You can say what you want about Kaylon, bit he

a) has more experience than most forum users when it comes to solo play

b) never made statements that weren't based on some solid reasoning and/or testing.

Even if you don't believe him: why that escalation?

Rereading what I said, I did come off as aggressive didn't I.

I did say this "Well done! I never thought to go the armour route but rather deflection stacking. Thank you for this! I was wrong and you were right."

Also I believe we were around the same time, (he commented on my solo play build back in 1.1 days) but I haven't been active in the forums till lately. Just got back to POE again from 1.1 so I'm catching up with everything that is new since 1.1 .

I got quite annoyed because he was acting like my build didn't work thinking I don't know how the game's mechanics work. Even in his build explanation, he was explaining all the game mechanics to me *Facepalm* (Kaylon, I know how the game mechanics work) 

But yeah, like I said he did open my eyes to other potential possibilities. I was so focused on the deflection route, I forgot to try the armor route. In the mean-time, I'm ironing out my deflection tank build. It should be able to facetank, solo and KILL Dorudugan. So watch out! Special thanks to Dune for inspiring me with his ideas. 

Edited by giftmefood

I do not have massive game-system mastery.  I know my way around the game well enough, but not THAT well.  I play more for fun than theory crafting or min/max builds.  Oh, if I put my mind to it, I can figure things out.  But mostly I just like to screw around before I get serious in my playthroughs/challenges.

Anywho, beat all of the other mega bosses and I take my party against the Iron Sheik.  Err.. Helfire Colossus.

Read up a tiny bit about him and then say "Screw it" and dive right on it.

it's the only real way to learn, right?

*BUGSPLAT*

Oh, a wiseguy, eh? You wanna play that way, do ya?  Fine. I'll just mosquito you to death with endless summoned monsters via my chanter.

How do you like THEM APPLES boss boy?

Plink plink plink.  Summon summon summon.

Plink plink plink.

about 20 minutes of this.

Plink plink plink.

Ah, cool.  He's down to Bloodied.  This might not take as long as I thou...

*giant sucking sound as he sucks in my at the time hidden party that was at the edge of the screen very far away*

WHAT THE ****!!!!

RUN RUN RUN RUN....

Okay, they managed to stay hidden.  I think they're safe. Keep plinking and be a bit more care...

*SSSSSSSHHHHHHUUUCCCCCKKKKK*

*sees party REALLY not optimized for the bunch of nukes suddenly dropped on their heads*

POWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOW

FFFFFFFFFFFF

UUUUUUUUUU

*rage quits game*

====

I haven't Rage Quitted Deadfire in quite a long time.  :lol:

I can look back on it now and laugh (and better prepare for a real fight instead of Chanter Cheesing it).

But I gotta tell ya, I dropped a couple of f-bombs when I saw my party get sucked in like that.

(if the blessed so and so had done it earlier in the fight, and I would have known about it, I wouldn't have been pissed off.  But, noooooo.  Only when he was Bloodied, does he decide to break out this trick. 

30 minutes of plinking, down the drain!!!! :bat:  :bat:  :bat: ) 

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 2