Hello All,

I just finished POE 1 with WM1 and 2.

I am about to start POE 2. But I have some questions.

I want to multiclass if i can. I also have some wishes for my build for my MC.

But i want to know if the companions are worth taking with me.

Which companions have their own quest?

Which have some banter throughout the game?

Some classes I would liketo have in my party:

Druid (didnt play it in POE 1).

A dual wield DPS build (without having to stealth) which can take a hit.

CC and support

Tank (only 1 or more?)

And I would love for a Fire Godlike build.

Any tips?

It's important however to differentiate between full-on companions and sidekicks.

All full-on companions have a personal story arc, banter, interjections, and participate in the companion relationship system. They are:

Edér

Aloth

Pallegina

Xoti

Maia

Serafen

Tekehu

Sidekicks only have interjections in specific parts of the game (usually the DLCs.) They do not have a personal story arc, banters, or participate in the relationship system. They are:

Konstanten (has content during Seeker, Slayer, Survivor)

Fassina (has content during The Forgotten Sanctum and a fling with Konstanten during Seeker, Slayer, Survivor)

Rekke (has some content during the base the game)

Vatnir (has content during Beast of Winter)

Mirke (not sure whether she has content?)

Ydwin is in-between. She started out as a sidekick (with content during Beast of Winter) but recently received a dialog tree like regular companions (but still no banters or personal story arc, and she doesn't participate in the relationship system.)

All sidekicks have been given dialog in the final chapter of the game.

In terms of the classes you'd like to have in your party:

• Druid : Tekehu (he has a pretty good unique sublcass too.)
  • DW DPS : Edér, Serafen, Rekke, Konstanten, Mirke, and possibly Pallegina can all be built that way.
  • CC : Aloth, Serafen, Ydwin
  • Support : Tekehu, Xoti, Pallegina, Vatnir, Konstanten, Fassina
  • Tank: Edér, Pallegina, Rekke, maybe Konstanten
  • Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thank you. I was also looking at some build guides.

In particular the burn baby burn and the Fate testarossa seem very fun.

I think I will take the following:

MC Burn baby burn build Paladin /monk

Tekehu as a frost and shock damage dealer? Maybe little shifter talents.

Xoti as my healer and support

Serafen as a Barb/Cypher DPS dual wield.

Edér as Tank

Is this ok? Can those companions work together?

Edér as Tank

Any combination works really. Tekehu isnt a very good dps though, more heal/support.

Im a strong advocate of druid main cause you can control the field in so many ways

Edér as Tank

Any combination works really. Tekehu isnt a very good dps though, more heal/support.

Im a strong advocate of druid main cause you can control the field in so many ways

So I could make my MC in The Fate Testarossa.

But then I wouldnt need Tekehu. So i need a replacement.

I got a tank, a healer/debuff, DPS times 2 melee and spells. Maybe CC?

Tekehu as a Theurge can be pretty great at heal/support, and he has those FoE-only Water-based spells which are pretty great. His Spiritshift form is very good to handle Lagufaeth, since they have a penchant for paralyzing darts. Not the greatest at DPS because of relatively low MIG, but still very good in general. It doesn't hurt that he has a lot of interjections and an interesting story arc.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Edér as Tank

So I could make my MC in The Fate Testarossa.

But then I wouldnt need Tekehu. So i need a replacement.

I got a tank, a healer/debuff, DPS times 2 melee and spells. Maybe CC?

Tank + healer/support + debuffer + dps + dps works. You can try make 3 dps'ers with a few debuffspells. Cipher/berserker for instance is excellent DPS and can throw some debuffs as well. wizard/x is nice for selfbuffs and various debuffs, mutliclass with fighter (Aloth) or Ranger (Maia).

I think I am going for Aloth.

I wanted to build Eder as swashbuckler. But in the beginning I selected Fighter. Can I still adjust this??

The short answer is no. There are some workarounds however, like console commands or the Unity Console mod on Nexusmods.

Well I just started a new game.

Party is:

In order of front to back

Eder as a swashbuckler (can I use any swashbuckler guide?)

Seferan as a Witch. Dual wielding axes or something like that. Using a YouTube witch build.

MC Astetic The Testarossa build

Xoti. Normal priest later on going for damage.

Aloth normal wizard. Going damage and some debuff/cc.

Does this sound any good?

Quite, though perhaps a bit fragile early on. At later levels you can even do the Brilliant/SoT combo and become nearly invincible (or downright so if you pair it with Barring Death’s Door.)

I am sorry but I am completely new to poe2. What is the brilliant/SoT combo?

You can use the Cipher power "Ancestors' Memory" give your Priest the Brilliant Inspiration, which restores class resources every 6s (used to be 3s; I have a mod on the Nexus to restore the original behavior.)

Your Priest can then spam Salvation of Time to endlessly prolong the duration of the Brilliant Inspiration on him/herself, thus getting an infinite number of spell casts for the encounter. Likewise, because Salvation of Time is an AoE spell, you can endlessly prolong the duration of any buffs on your party (including Brilliant on other casters.)

If you do this with Barring Death's Door, you enter god mode and can't be killed for the entire encounter. I personally find this particular trick rather boring, but YMMV; I prefer to prolong my other buffs while maintaining a (albeit marginal) risk of losing the encounter.

Edited by AndreaColombo

Thank you for your answers!!

I'm not looking to trick myself through the game. I am playing on normal so it shouldn't be necessary.

I do have to get used to this game compared to part 1.

The game is right from fixing your ship quite open. Which isn't a bad thing. But I don't want to do content way to difficult for my party at that time.

In poe 1 you have more of a linear style of game.

Also loading times are horrible. In a city where I enter a lot of buildings I spent more time in loading screens than actually playing the game.

I now am in the big city with the queen.