What do you mean refresh? It’s supposed to change in real time when you change your equipment.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What do you mean refresh? It’s supposed to change in real time when you change your equipment.

No I'm talking about the "records" tab in the character sheet. It states "total damage done" which is pointless because you don't get all companions at the same time, switch gear over time, etc.

If there was a way to reset all damage done to 0, you could actually USE that sheet. As it is now it's very pointless - unless you start the game with your complete party in end game gear...

I'm thinking there might be some game file where the numbers are stored, if only I could reset the numbers there...

But I'm also open to any other tools or mods that help me calculate DPS.

Dps = damage per second.

You take the damage that is displayed in the char sheet, you take the attack time and recovery time and calculate your dps:

40-50 dmg (average 45), 0.5 sec attack time and 4 sec recovery time. That's 45/4.5 = 10 dps.

Nobel prize, here I come!

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Dps = damage per second.

You take the damage that is displayed in the char sheet, you take the attack time and recovery time and calculate your dps:

40-50 dmg (average 45), 0.5 sec attack time and 4 sec recovery time. That's 45/4.5 = 10 dps.

Nobel prize, here I come!

Tedious lol, my druids dmg is from spells only.

Edited by Flucas

Same concept. You look up the spell damage, casting time and recovery.

I guess it would be a rel. easy mod to display the dps numbers in the ability description or so.

Edited by Boeroer

Same concept. You look up the spell damage, casting time and recovery.

I guess it would be a rel. easy mod to display the dps numbers in the ability description or so.

There's far to be many variables to calc the damage of those aoe dot spells. Also- there's already a feature; the character record sheet.

It just needs a way to reset.

Your actual general dps with an ability or weapon per attack roll is fairly easy to calculate.

A second value below the overall damage done that you could reset would be really nice as well. Like in your car where the total miles will be another display than the ones you can reset. I guess this is also easy to mod. I like (small, unintrusive) UI mods. They are the only ones I use.

Edited by Boeroer

Well, you have accumulated damage but ALSO "time spent in combat", IIRC. So if you note these two variables before your next fight, you should be able to calculate the dps for each char once the fight is over.

Edited by Frak
  • Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Well, you have accumulated damage but ALSO "time spent in combat", IIRC. So if you note these two variables before your next fight, you should be able to calculate the dps for each char once the fight is over.

Yeah i've done it a few times but it's very time consuming :p

Anyway in the meantime I've posted this in the general discussion forum as a request to Obsidian: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/107450-request-character-sheet-damage-done-reset/.