Pro-Tip:

If your ability is giving you a hard time and it's not even reacting to the ApplyStatusEffectOnEvent effects you made, well if you just need to clear the effect, then you can simply use the Trigger section.  Make it TriggerOnEvent for the event you want, then give it a max trigger of 1 and clear the effect when the trigger occurs.

"TriggerOnEvent": "OnPostAttackRollCalculated"
"ValidateWithAttackFilter": "true",
"MaxTriggerCount": 1,
"RemoveEffectAtMax": "true",

The above is the only way I know to get my ranged attack bonus to remove after putting on a OneHitUse status effect.  The problem started when I couldn't use OneHitUse in combination with a FullAttack ability component.  Why?  Because I needed to slow the attack itself, which should work but does not.  I know, I know that there are many FullAttack abilities that use OneHitUse status effects without any issue.  I made a bow attack with a slow attack speed and let me tell you that there were problems in every possible way you could imagine.  Maybe it's because it's ranged, who knows.

CDlZvlCUgAAHg6a.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pro-Tip:

When things ain't stacking on stacks of stacking things, try the rare setting of "StackedChildrenApplyEffects": "true" .  I'm not sure if it's really the reason for success, but In my Fireform attack, a stacking ApplyOnTick ApplyStatusEffectOnEvent applying a stacking DamageMult wasn't stacking the DoT applications, it was only applying at the interval rate, until StackedChildrenApplyEffects "true".  It also appears you can just have multiple ApplyStatusEffectOnEvent with the event OnInterval.

sutaiwhegi251.jpg

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Pro-Tip:

+OnMovementEnd sometimes "doesn't work" because it triggers automatically an extra time, immediately when you don't want it to!
    - So if you have it cancel on the 2nd time, via MaxTriggerCount: 2, RemoveEffectAtMax: True, then it works as intended
    - I can't tell when exactly it triggers, but apparently at the end of casting, and at rest. Maybe the beginning of the current action.

E9uZiYD.jpg

• 3 weeks later...