Been trying to create a brute or anything off tank with barbarian class and use the berserk buff to take advantage of the Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC soul bound axe inspiration upgrade. 

What I cannot get around is how to negate the downside of Berserk (10 deflection downgrade). My thought was to pair with fighter (Unbroken with The Best Defense shield or Akola's Apex Ward) to get armor grace and health regen to get around it. The other option was to pair with chanter and use deflection and ancient memory song and Not Felled by the Axe nor Broken by the Storm buff to up my piece and slash armor.  (No pally,  because I am too addictive to using pally as sub class and already have 3 pally in party XD )

So I am look for suggestion that evolves around getting around berserk debuff and making the offtank stress free and still deals decent damage. 

Also, may I ask how to acquire Akola's Apex Ward? I have research for so long, but there was no answer on google.

If the deflection loss is really bothering you either Trickster or Priest of Wael are good options.  Both get high deflection buffs (mirrored image or llengrath's for Trickster, Arcane Veil for Wael) for cheap.

As far as Akola's.  You need to royally piss off the Huana (-3 rep or so, avoid having any positive) and they'll send out a vengeance ship that patrols around Nekataka.  Sinking the ship is much easier than boarding in this case as the fight can get rough if you aren't ready for it.  Either way you defeat it will get you the shield.

If you rather not tank your rep, there is a mod you can install.  Should work fine with the latest patch.

Edited by guildwriter

I have tried trickster, priest and wizards, the problem is they take time to buff up themselves before engaging. WIthout having engage enemies in combat immediately, enemy front line AI will straight away rush my squishy backline. Thats why i was thinking of using fighter and chanter so that I can engage first, then react to situations. Also, rogue lacks self sustain like kindwayfarer that can jump enemy backline and come back when needed.

Trickster is literally just Mirrored Image and go most of the time since it has higher deflection than Llengrath's and doesn't stack.  If a sub 0.5 second spell cast time and almost no recovery as well is too much time to buff then it's no wonder you love Pally.  

No idea how you're building your characters that you can't figure out a way around disengagement but sure.

Just looked back at my words, I just realized the perfect solution is to accomplish the build I want was right there in my lines... I just need to give up the idea of using berserk of barbarian to go for a war caller character. The Brideman Slew Thirty 'Fore They Crossed Half the Hall can do just fine and pair with fighter's talents will build the perfect character, where I dont have to give up deflection for permanent strong inspiration and allow the axe to increase strong inspiration buff tier. Also since I only need the chanter strong buff, I can give up some int for str or dex as long as I can have 5 phases in 30 ish seconds before chanter buff runs out. =)

The only point I am not sure right now is whether 1 phase takes 3 seconds to generate.

welp that was pointless to create a topic for barbarian...

Edited by liangjianyi2013@gmail.com

The solution to frenzy's deflection penalty might be to look elsewhere for survivability. While you could certainly try to compensate for it, I think it is a clue as to the developer's intention for the barbarian class. Some classes can stack deflection, others can stack armor and/or self-healing. In the case of a brute, you can easily stack enough of both through gear and abilities to be near unkillable and still focus on damage dealing in your build. Dump resolve and embrace being a damage sponge instead of a damage avoider.

If the deflection loss is really bothering you either Trickster or Priest of Wael are good options.  Both get high deflection buffs (mirrored image or llengrath's for Trickster, Arcane Veil for Wael) for cheap.

As far as Akola's.  You need to royally piss off the Huana (-3 rep or so, avoid having any positive) and they'll send out a vengeance ship that patrols around Nekataka.  Sinking the ship is much easier than boarding in this case as the fight can get rough if you aren't ready for it.  Either way you defeat it will get you the shield.

If you rather not tank your rep, there is a mod you can install.  Should work fine with the latest patch.

To piss off the Huana, you just have to kill the queen and her bodyguards. You get -3 or even -4 with that.