Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

(Forgotten Sanctum) Can we, or can we not join the Circle of Archmagi ?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3066 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Will killing in POE1 her stop you from getting the godseed quest?

Nope. You can still become besties.

Silvaren

Silvaren

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wonder what happens if I kill Llengrath in PoE1.

Get a new body?

Two screenshots from my review:

https://3.bp.blogspo...m-llengrath.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspo...llengrath-2.jpg

And there is third one Llengrath you can discover and his portrait.

Edited by Silvaren, 04 January 2019 - 11:33 AM.

ilsendoodle

ilsendoodle

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Steam:ilsenator1

I didn't play PoE 1, but at the end of Forgotten Sanctum you can support either Tayn or Llengrath, and unlike most of the PoE 2 choices, this one seems like you may want some prior knowledge about those characters.  Tayn is portrayed as kind of bumbling though goodhearted and Llengrath is portrayed as more serious but also good.  But then I saw that killing Llengrath in PoE 1 was pretty common.  Is she good/trustworthy?

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I didn't play PoE 1, but at the end of Forgotten Sanctum you can support either Tayn or Llengrath, and unlike most of the PoE 2 choices, this one seems like you may want some prior knowledge about those characters.  Tayn is portrayed as kind of bumbling though goodhearted and Llengrath is portrayed as more serious but also good.  But then I saw that killing Llengrath in PoE 1 was pretty common.  Is she good/trustworthy?

The PoE1 Llengrath had to be convinced not to attack the Watcher. I actually don't remember very well, but I think you need to pass skill checks to avoid the battle. Is she good? Maybe she believes she is, but the Watcher will have a different opinion. ;)

Btw, I didn't support any of them in FS.

Edit: actually

Spoiler

Edited by InsaneCommander, 06 January 2019 - 02:20 PM.

• OEI_Alex and ilsendoodle like this

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I personally don't find the good/evil dichotomy very useful, but I do think that Llengrath tends to be pretty forthright with her objectives, ambitions, and desires (moreso than Tayn), even if you have to push her a bit on occasion to admit what those are.

Generally speaking, Llengrath is on team Long Term Stability, Tayn is on team Shake Things Up, and Arkemyr is on team Status Quo.

Maura is on team Rightfully Pissed Off.

• anameforobsidian, DozingDragon, InsaneCommander and 3 others like this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3066 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

But then I saw that killing Llengrath in PoE 1 was pretty common.  Is she good/trustworthy?

Llengrath in PoE1 was pretty much the toughest fight for in the game, added with WM part 2. Killing her was more out of desire for “completion” that necessity. If you want to know the conflict it’s:
Spoiler

• InsaneCommander, OEI_Alex and ilsendoodle like this

DozingDragon

DozingDragon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Llengrath also runs a cult in a bog that subjected a person to involuntary soul manipulation.  So yeah, I would hesitate to rely on the trustworthiness of Llengrath or any of the archmages we have met so far.  

• OEI_Alex and ilsendoodle like this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1165 posts
I was kind of surprised to find the archmages all being buddies when the first game had them hiding out in swamps and trying to kill each other. But I kind of like it as a parallel to the gods all being buddies too, even inviting Woedica along for chats. In times of great danger the powerful will flock to each other

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Oh, that's mostly just Concelhaut, he's a bitch.

OEI_Alex

OEI_Alex

Narrative Designer

• Developers
  • 53 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

the archmages all being buddies 

That's certainly how Tayn would describe it!

• InsaneCommander likes this

EdwinOdesseiron

EdwinOdesseiron

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Will we ever meet all those other archmages in future installments? I hope there is an Elminster/Gandalf/Dumbledore kind of archmage too. It's cliche but I'd love it.

Edited by EdwinOdesseiron, 14 January 2019 - 03:34 PM.

DozingDragon

DozingDragon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Just a guess on my part, but I think Minoletta is probably the closest to that kind of archetype in the setting, but that’s only based on her limited characterization during the scripted interaction in Arkemyr’s basement and the role that Josh is using her in for his tabletop campaign. Equal odds though that she is a missile obsessed psychopath that prolongs her life by devouring the souls of cosmic piglets.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Oh, that's mostly just Concelhaut, he's a bitch.

IIRC, he was actually nice to Bekarna. When she mentioned that even he had to fight to be accepted as an Archmage, he said that they are not a big deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users