Best weapons in PoE 2

Voidwheel and Sanguine Great sword for I’m sucker for great swords :p

Will Breaker

Engoliero do Espirs

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

My preferred weapon - Rust's Poignard in this variation:

• 5 Raw Damage per 3s for 9s on scoring Hit on Flanked target;
  • 30% chance to knock target prone and lower their Defences by -10 for 6s on scoring Crit (ability);
  • +35% damage If the enemy is knocked by previous ability (+100% damage before 1.1 ;( );

I think this stiletto - best weapon for 'Assassin' subclass (and definitely the best choice for a solo Rogue-class :shifty: ), because stilettos have the most effective penetration rate in game (with modal weapon's ability, ofc).

Watershaper's Focus (Scout, Barb, Ranger, Monk)

The Willbreaker (on Barb, Monk or Fighter)

Whispers of the Endless Paths (on a Soulblade)

Dual Hand Mortars (Ranger,Monk, Rogue, Barb)

Citzal's Spirit Lance (Sage, Geomancer, Battlemage, Spellblade).

The Long Pain

Nannasin's Cobra Strike

Grave Calling (Berserker/Beckoner)

Engoliero do Espirs

Dual battle axes in general (Barb)

Spearcaster (Paladin/Arcane Archer,Arcane Archer)

Didn't play FSanctum yet...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Chromo Staff, Modwyr, and I'm partial to a few others like Rust's Little Dagger, Frostfall, Sungrazer, and Bardatto's Luxury. Spine of Thicket Green is good too, with cool story implications.

Boeroer question for you - is Immunity to Constitution effects worth it (Luxury) or is it more of a placebo effect (i.e. it's cool seeing it listed)?

Scordeos Trophy, Fire in the Hole, and Kitchen Stove are also pretty neat.

I gotta give my #1 to Eye of Wael. Love that thing. And the Scepter you get from Splintered Reef is pretty good too.

Edited by Verde

• 5 weeks later...

The Long Pain

Nannasin's Cobra Strike

Engoliero do Espirs

Why dual battle axes in general? Just for the weapon modal?

The Long Pain

Nannasin's Cobra Strike

Engoliero do Espirs

Yes. It is very strong once you can skip recovery. Which a barb can do with two things: Blood Thirst and more importantly Barbaric Retaliation. If you combine the thickest armor (Patinated Plate + Thick Skinned + Blunting Belt etc.) and Bleeding Cuts you will be very slow. But Barbaric Retaliation doesn't care and dishes out those bleeding full attacks like there's no tomorrow. Will will kill stuff. Which triggers Blood Thirst... And so on. Edited by Boeroer

The Long Pain

Nannasin's Cobra Strike

Engoliero do Espirs

Yes. It is very strong once you can skip recovery. Which a barb can do with two things: Blood Thirst and more importantly Barbaric Retaliation. If you combine the thickest armor (Patinated Plate + Thick Skinned + Blunting Belt etc.) and Bleeding Cuts you will be very slow. But Barbaric Retaliation doesn't care and dishes out those bleeding full attacks like there's no tomorrow. Will will kill stuff. Which triggers Blood Thirst... And so on.

I've literally never ran a single-class barbarian before, but now because of this I will have to. I never really thought of Barbaric Retaliation much before.

For me, I have a huge soft spot for Marux Amanth, partially because it soulbinds to two classes I play a lot of (rogue, priest) but more importantly because I can't get over how much I love sacrifice/worthy sacrifice. Instakill on a bullet sponge boss with no extra defense check that works even on a graze and when dual-wielded makes two attempts is great, it can be like doing upwards of thousands of damage in one go and works on anyone. Even on rogues/priests that I have different weapons to use, I always keep an upgraded Marux Amanth in a spare weapon slot just to pull it out for the instadeath. Even though other spells can replicate something this effect (Petrification, Touch of Death, Death Cloud, Detonate), the fact that a graze still instakills and you can get 2x attempts and it's really hard to be interrupted (since it's a .6s attack) and it doesn't cost you an ability point is great.

Pukestabber is a fun weapon. It got more fun now that I'm trying FS and there's a lot of high-level kith for me to make puke.

Animancer's Energy Blade is also great. Even in normal PEN situations, the faster attack speed means it's comparable to a vanilla legendary weapon when fully upped, and in -50% PEN or -75% PEN situation you basically have god-mode enabled.

Edited by thelee

I'll throw in my favorites from the last 2 playthroughs I just wrapped up:

Magran's Favor (+2 Fire power hup hup!)

Kapana Taga (for anyone tanking)

Scourge of Bezzello (I just liked the whole encounter in FS with the kid and the multi shot)

Sun and Moon (More fire power hup hup!)

Ball and Chain (When I wanted to RP my real life)

Twin Eels (I love weapons that scale with skills, and also the look)

Spearcaster

Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff

Rust's Poignard (Maybe one of my favorite scripted encounters - just felt awesome the first time)

• Like 1

Nannasin's Cobra Strike

What makes this weapon good? I've seen it in the grimoire, but never used it.

Not to plug my guide (ok, just a little: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/wizard), but:

"Nannasin's Cobra Strike (AL4, transmutation, unique): quite an astounding summoned weapon. Does huge base damage (17-25), starts with 8 PEN by default, is a .7s/4.0s slow weapon, but you automatically dual-wield it. It also has a 1.8m range, which is basically reach akin to a quarterstaff or pike. Importantly, on any hit, you automatically poison the enemy (if they are vulnerable) without any attack rolls, doing 13 raw damage per 3s for 15s, scaling with might and intellect. It doesn't stack, but if you just change targets with each hit you can do a lot of damage over time. Again, this is one of very few summoned weapons that summon a dual-wielded weapon."

even if you ignore the auto-poisoning effect, the base damage and PEN combination plus reach makes it one of the best base weapons in the game. it's comparable to monk fists, albeit you don't get as strong of a scaling effect (but you get reach and poison). because it's summoned, it autoscales, even if a bit slowly through the middle levels, but by the time you hit level 17 it's basically competitive with some of the best legendary weapons.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

To clarify: Cobra Strike is actually a ranged weapon that has a very short range instead of a melee reach weapon. That means it works with Driving Flight. Do Geomancer is nice.

The high base damage makes it a good use for rogue/wizards, too.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

It would be nice if we knew which weapon are : Nannasin's Cobra Strike, so we could get the weapon ability which correspond to the spell, i took war bow ability for

Caedebald's Blackbow and it work perfectly   , i would like to do the same for Nannasin's Cobra Strike, but not sure what weapon type it is (it is not scepter/quartertaff/wand/sword/unarmed/warbow/warhammer of this i am sure because those ability don't appear when i am using Nannasin's Cobra Strike)...

Any idea ?

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

As I answered in your dedicated thread about this topic: It doesn't have a weapon proficiency. Like Kalakoth's Minor Blights, Reaping Knives and Concelhaut's Draining Touch.

Which means it doesn't work for Devoted, Fighter's Confident Aim and has no modal.

It's still very strong though (against non-poison immune enemies).

Edited by Boeroer