Is it just me or the difficulty level of that fight is beyond ridiculous? I play on normal setting so fights aren't too frustrating and also provide some semblance of challenge but I haven't had this much trouble in all fights, even playing PoE 1 on PotD. Is there some kind of gimmick to this encounter?

The Oracle seems to have waaaaay too much HP for me. Or its defenses are too strong. Pro tip: bring a rogue with Gouging Strike, land a hit on the Oracle, then turn on any invisibility powers you have and go hide at the other end of the arena. Gouging Strike will continue to do Raw damage to the Oracle until it dies, and because it can't see you it'll just hang out doing nothing like an idiot.

It's cheesy, but this boss merits it I think!

Is it just me or the difficulty level of that fight is beyond ridiculous? I play on normal setting so fights aren't too frustrating and also provide some semblance of challenge but I haven't had this much trouble in all fights, even playing PoE 1 on PotD. Is there some kind of gimmick to this encounter?

I played it on PotD (without level scaling) and it was the hardest fight for me in the game with current and previous patch. I managed to win this fight in first try, but I used 3 scrolls of withdraw for few characters (I didn't have any means to resurect fallen heroes so I tried to keep them alive), run from Oracle to destroy those machines. Other hard fight was with Maura/Weyc for me.

Problem is that player don't know exactly what such boss can do, how Oracle's attacks works and what is doing the stuff around the battleground (those machines and flesh bubbles).

Edited by Silvaren

giphy.gif

I played it on PotD (without level scaling) and it was the hardest fight for me in the game with current and previous patch. I managed to win this fight in first try, but I used 3 scrolls of withdraw for few characters (I didn't have any means to resurect fallen heroes so I tried to keep them alive), run from Oracle to destroy those machines. Other hard fight was with Maura/Weyc for me.

Problem is that player don't know exactly what such boss can do, how Oracle's attacks works and what is doing the stuff around the battleground (those machines and flesh bubbles).

The first thing I do is to destroy those machines. I noticed they healed the oracle. But the moment I bring the goddamned boss to almost-death a barrage of explosions annihilates my party. It is just absurd.

Edited by Pus-in-Boots

The Oracle seems to have waaaaay too much HP for me. Or its defenses are too strong. Pro tip: bring a rogue with Gouging Strike, land a hit on the Oracle, then turn on any invisibility powers you have and go hide at the other end of the arena. Gouging Strike will continue to do Raw damage to the Oracle until it dies, and because it can't see you it'll just hang out doing nothing like an idiot.

It's cheesy, but this boss merits it I think!

Please don't sell noob tips as pro tips.

• 8 months later...

Here's how I did it: reduced to Relaxed difficulty and moved on. Damn thing still required my usual attention to spells and abilities, and I believe it killed two of my party. 

I did destroy the device structures and I noticed that some enemy spells were never cast, including the walls. That made a big difference. 

Edited by madeofwords