Missing DLC suddenly

Balasarius

Question

I have all the DLC and all the DLC is installed.  I played last night until 2am.  This morning I see update 4.0.1 is available, and Steam applies it.

I play for an hour, then run an errand.  45 minutes later I go to fire up my game and it says I'm missing LAXH and LAXI.

What happened?  Where did my DLC go in the last 45 minutes?

Yep, my situation is similar. I have some really old saves that work, but there's no way I go through 20+ hours again.

I have a feeling that this might not be as simple to fix as one would think. Apparently the first 200Mb "patch" was released by accident yesterday and it messed up the game files. I really hope our broken saves will be compatible if/when they release the hotfix (...after Christmas).

Yep, my situation is similar. I have some really old saves that work, but there's no way I go through 20+ hours again.

I have a feeling that this might not be as simple to fix as one would think. Apparently the first 200Mb "patch" was released by accident yesterday and it messed up the game files. I really hope our broken saves will be compatible if/when they release the hotfix (...after Christmas).

I'm afraid also that the problem is more complicated that it seems. Right now in Steam there are people also stating that they're lost 6+, 15+ and a lot of different hours. Loosing 2 hours is not a big problem, anyone can deal with that, but here we are speaking of 6+, 15+, 20+, 57 in my case.

I agree with what you say, I hope that when they take out a patch we can recover the savegames, because if not... in a game of this genre (Long games) is a disaster and an epic blunder. 

This was posted on Steam forums 17h ago by BMacintosh:

"To clarify, it is absolutely safe to play the game right now. You'll only have a problem if you played the game during a specific 2-hour window of time this morning. If you did that, the game won't allow you to load your saved games from that period. You will be able to load them again when this fix is deployed."

Well, in my experience is more than a 2-hour window. As I said before my first corrupt savegame is the 20/12 at 19:16 (GMT+1) and my last corrupt savegame is the 20/12 at 22:59 (GMT+1) so its a 4 hours window (More people are speaking on the forums about 6 hours. Well, it all depends, if you didnt closed the game in 6 hours or left the PC on for a longer period, you'll have more time difference between the first and the last corrupt files). 

And for people like me, who overwrite savegames (I have always 5 savegames + the autosaves, but never more than that, and in this case my autosaves are corrupted also), I'm speaking actually of a loss of 57 hours of gameplay (Not going to restart after 57 hours playing) so I have 0 desire to start again the game if they don't solve it.

That is odd. My quicksave b4 the patch does still work, but i have an additional quicksave after that and that does not work (and some autosaves).

This was posted on Steam forums 17h ago by BMacintosh:

"To clarify, it is absolutely safe to play the game right now. You'll only have a problem if you played the game during a specific 2-hour window of time this morning. If you did that, the game won't allow you to load your saved games from that period. You will be able to load them again when this fix is deployed."

Well, in my experience is more than a 2-hour window. As I said before my first corrupt savegame is the 20/12 at 19:16 (GMT+1) and my last corrupt savegame is the 20/12 at 22:59 (GMT+1) so its a 4 hours window (More people are speaking on the forums about 6 hours. Well, it all depends, if you didnt closed the game in 6 hours or left the PC on for a longer period, you'll have more time difference between the first and the last corrupt files). 

And for people like me, who overwrite savegames (I have always 5 savegames + the autosaves, but never more than that, and in this case my autosaves are corrupted also), I'm speaking actually of a loss of 57 hours of gameplay (Not going to restart after 57 hours playing) so I have 0 desire to start again the game if they don't solve it.

That is odd. My quicksave b4 the patch does still work, but i have an additional quicksave after that and that does not work (and some autosaves).

My savegames are:

Atherios (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) autosave_0.savegame

Atherios (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) autosave_1.savegame

Atherios (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) autosave_2.savegame

Atherios (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) quicksave.savegame

Atherios (ArchipielagoLlamaExtinguida) (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) (930262135).savegame

Atherios (ArchipielagoLlamaExtinguida) (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) (939966184).savegame

Atherios (FuertePortillo) (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) (934139199).savegame

Atherios (RuinasdePokoKohara) (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) (931982171).savegame

Atherios (Tikawara) (9cae2cb5-c6e4-4aa8-8d61-29faa132a0a7) (LAX-123ABCDEFGHI) (931367016).savegame

Since it says that I'm missing the LAXH & LAXI, I'm sure that the problem with the saves is that all of mine ends in LAX-123ABCDEFGHI (The HI part). I dont have any savegame without it (Checking at C:\Users\usuario\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II).

Maybe I have just bad luck or did something wrong when I unisntalled and reinstalled later =(

EDIT: Everything solved with the hotfix. Congratulations on your job =)

Edited by Atherios

Hey guys

I'm still having the same problem that my DLC are missing.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling them to no effect.  Exited steam multiple times to make sure there are no more updates.  Can't seem to make it work but I saw that others have had this issue resolved.  Any ideas?

On 9/5/2019 at 8:05 PM, mangothehuman said:

I am having this same issue described. It started a couple days ago. I have purchased the DLC, but it won't let me access my saves? @BMac, would you be able to help?

@mangothehuman Sorry for the delayed response - I haven't looked in on Deadfire stuff in a while.  Which DLC are listed as missing if you hover the disabled Load button?  If they are DLC you don't recognize, send a support ticket with your save and we can take a look.  Otherwise, make sure all the DLC listed are installed.

2 hours ago, SuitableConditions said:

I am having this same issue. My only day off in months and I want to play POE2, but I am now dealing with this crap. How can I get this fixed ASAP before I decide to read a book instead? 

If you file a support ticket with your save file, our support team may be able to fix it, depending on what has happened (you can find the link in my previous post).