Missing DLC suddenly

Balasarius

Question

I have all the DLC and all the DLC is installed.  I played last night until 2am.  This morning I see update 4.0.1 is available, and Steam applies it.

I play for an hour, then run an errand.  45 minutes later I go to fire up my game and it says I'm missing LAXH and LAXI.

What happened?  Where did my DLC go in the last 45 minutes?

I was making a post about encountering the same issue, so I'll add it here.

I played Forgotten Sanctum earlier today and when I came back for more, Steam updated the game. Now my saves from today aren't working anymore. The loading button has the text "Missing DLC" and identifies the supposedly missing DLCs as LAXH and LAXI. The saves from yesterday, also made while playing Forgotten Sanctum content but a lot earlier, are still available.

I saw an earlier similar thread where the recommended solution was to create a folder named "LAX[number]_exported", so I tried that with folders called laxh_exported and laxi_exported, but it didn't help.

I own all the DLCs and have everything installed except the Critical Role pack. The game's version is v4.0.1.0041 LAX123ABCDFG -steam.

I'm playing on Windows Professional 7 64-bit, if that matters.

I'm suddenly unable to use my recent saves due to "Missing DLC" message (LAXH and LAXI). This problem appeared after the game crashed when exiting that beach location next to Tikawara. After the crash Steam started downloading 1.3Gb update for Deadfire. When the download finished and I got back into the game I noticed that my saves had been rendered useless. I can see all DLCs listed in the main menu though, and I also tried to verify game files through Steam. Are those saves now broken for good? 

I'm having the same issue. Missing DLC: LAXH LAXI for saves from this afternoon. The ones from yesterday are fine though, interestingly enough. Between those and today, all I did was to land at Neketaka and clear about half the tomb under temple of Berath. Saved game, updated, aaaaaand missing dlc. Version on the menu says V4.0.1.0041 LAX123ABCDEFG -steam

I'm suddenly unable to use my recent saves due to "Missing DLC" message (LAXH and LAXI). This problem appeared after the game crashed when exiting that beach location next to Tikawara. After the crash Steam started downloading 1.3Gb update for Deadfire. When the download finished and I got back into the game I noticed that my saves had been rendered useless. I can see all DLCs listed in the main menu though, and I also tried to verify game files through Steam. Are those saves now broken for good? 

Exactly the same happened to me. Game files OK, now I'm re-installing the game just in case...

P.S. Re-installing doesnt solve the problem =(

Edited by Atherios

Any news about this issue?

My first corrupt savegame is the 20/12 at 19:16 (GMT+1) and my last corrupt savegame is the 20/12 at 22:59 PM (GMT+1). Currently is 21/12 15:05 (GMT+1) so 20 hours after the problem started (If not more, I dont know really when it started since I'm used to overwrite savegames...). Im afraid that because today is friday, we have saturday and sunday, x-mas eve & x-mas we wont get a patch until mid next week =( 

Hi,

I have the same problem today. Missing Dlc on saved games insted of load button. (LaxI, LaxH). I have completed the main quest yesterday and I though it requires the Forgotten Sanctrum dlc to continue, so I boght it and insallet it from Steam, did not help. I planned to buy it anyway so not a problem. I installed all the the free DLCs, still the same issue.

Waiting for the quic fix please, because at the moment the game is broken and unplayabe as the saved game content is fundamental for a game like this,  restarting it is just not an option, we can say it is game breaking bug at the moment.

• Like 1

Is there an update yet? I too have the same problem. First day off work in ages and cannot play the game! There is one save that still works, but I'd lose about 13 hours of gameplay (not an option).

Quite frustrating that a patch went out that appears to have broken the game for everyone.

• Like 1

I wish they would just rollback the patch to the last one so we could at least be sure to get a working patch before the holidays. Yeah it sucks that some content is bugged and and can't complete but that's way better than us not even being able to load up a save file and play in general.

Hi guys,

I started a new character yesterday (just after 4.0.1 was installed 20/12/18) and when I tried to load today my save files have 'missing dlc' on them. Having looked around, it seems this bug has occurred before and the comments on the steam announcement show that I'm not the only one with this problem.

I don't have any of the paid DLC.

I know there were workarounds last time but I'd rather just get a proper fix - any idea when this will be?

Thanks

This was posted on Steam forums 17h ago by BMacintosh:

"To clarify, it is absolutely safe to play the game right now. You'll only have a problem if you played the game during a specific 2-hour window of time this morning. If you did that, the game won't allow you to load your saved games from that period. You will be able to load them again when this fix is deployed."

Edited by JPK

"To clarify, it is absolutely safe to play the game right now. You'll only have a problem if you played the game during a specific 2-hour window of time this morning. If you did that, the game won't allow you to load your saved games from that period. You will be able to load them again when this fix is deployed."

Yeah, i hope soon. I don't want to replay 2 hours.

Well, in my experience is more than a 2-hour window. As I said before my first corrupt savegame is the 20/12 at 19:16 (GMT+1) and my last corrupt savegame is the 20/12 at 22:59 (GMT+1) so its a 4 hours window (More people are speaking on the forums about 6 hours. Well, it all depends, if you didnt closed the game in 6 hours or left the PC on for a longer period, you'll have more time difference between the first and the last corrupt files). 

And for people like me, who overwrite savegames (I have always 5 savegames + the autosaves, but never more than that, and in this case my autosaves are corrupted also), I'm speaking actually of a loss of 57 hours of gameplay (Not going to restart after 57 hours playing) so I have 0 desire to start again the game if they don't solve it.