Hello guys!

First of all, happy new year in case i won't get a chance to wish you that later :p

I am a new deadfire player and right now i am considering if i wanna play a single class wizard and which subclass i wanna play. That being said there are few things that perplex me:

1) Might's global damage modifier, namely whether it stacks additively or multiplicatively with power level damage modifier.

2) Merge effect from some lategame bossfight trinket. Is its duration boosted by priest's salvation of time?

3) What are all the ways of boosting corrode (not poison), frost and transmutation power levels? Is corrode and acid the same keyword? I wonder if playing a transmuter would be fun.

4) Is skill damage bonus from weapon retained by substantial phantom? (Like bonus from Chromoprismatic Staff)

I have admitedly completed first POE on POTD and fell in love with wizard kit: with its damage over time spells (DOTS), affliction spells, deflection buffs, accuracy buffs, action speed buffs. In fact slightly changed TodWilkinson's wizard build with padded armor, slightly higher resolve and invulneribility heuristics instead of save boosting talents was my favorite way to play.

The class had specialized, balanced yet strong kit (unlike its D&D counterpart that could do everything  often times better than anyone), a kit that was somewhat reminiscent of Warlock from old WOW in terms of mechanics. Which makes me a little sad to learn that pretty much everything that a wizard tried to accomplish faced a nerf hammer. Now i wonder if it is possible to make oldschool iteration of wizard with DOTS still work :)

Edited by ArahTheTraveller

1. Might is an additve dmg modifier. That means it will add +x% of the base damage of an ability to the overall damage. Power Level raises base damage (so it's multiplicative with other dmg bonuses). All other dmg bonuses are additive.

2. No idea, sorry

3. Corrode and Acid should be the same - also Decay. There might be cases where the ability is not tagged correctly though - although that got improved a lot with the latest patches. Corrode/Acid/Decay is a bit of a mess though. I don't remember all items that raise the according Power Level. Chromoprismatic Staff does. For other gear you might want to search the wiki at gamepedia

4. What exactly do you mean? From skills like Religion etc? Or abilites? Essential and Substantial Phantom will not have your skills and abilites. It's like a separate character with its own stats that have nothing to do with yours (but are quite ok since they scale with char level) that is auto-piloted. BUT it gets copies of your equipped gear - which can be used for crazy stuff. One hint: summoned weapons also get copied and will have no duration and thius won't expire on the Phantom (looking gleefully at Concelhaut's Draining Touch).  

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's very powerful on a Phantom because it has very high base damage, does corrode dmg, drains life for the phantom and targets Will instead of Deflection(!). Use your Wizard's Miasma of Dull Mindedness and a club + modal to drop Will completely (-65!) and let the phantom pummel away with crit after crit. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods