Forum Shutting Down

SonicMage117

Well, I reported it, but honestly I've lost a little confidence in the reporting feature since Sonic's posts about LGBT pushing pedophilia and beastiality are still sitting on the forum: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106340-the-political-thread-hobbes-edition/page-35

My noodly appendages do not reach into this forum or WoT, and as such I do not see Reports from these two forums. But that's one discussion I would have like to have seen how the consensus allowed that one to slide. Oh well. :shrugz:

• Like 4

So... in other words I have done nothing wrong.

I didn't say you did or didn't do anything wrong.  If a post is reported it'll be reviewed impartially by a group of mods.

Well, I reported it, but honestly I've lost a little confidence in the reporting feature since Sonic's posts about LGBT pushing pedophilia and beastiality are still sitting on the forum: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106340-the-political-thread-hobbes-edition/page-35

My noodly appendages do not reach into this forum or WoT, and as such I do not see Reports from these two forums. But that's one discussion I would have like to have seen how the consensus allowed that one to slide. Oh well. :shrugz:

The starting post and the thread was edited, but not all posts were caught initially.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's interesting that in a forum that has seen such luminaries as obyknven, Lord of Flies, and others that may or may not still be active, this person has managed to one-up all of them and get a rise out of so many users, so consistently, simply by virtue of their posting style (because there is no substance to speak of).

It's a Voltron!

• Like 1

sign.jpg

It's interesting that in a forum that has seen such luminaries as obyknven, Lord of Flies, and others that may or may not still be active, this person has managed to one-up all of them and get a rise out of so many users, so consistently, simply by virtue of their posting style (because there is no substance to speak of).

That being said, I find calls for deletion and/or bans frankly unwarranted. If self-control is an issue -a problem I understand well- Fenixp kindly provided an easy-to-use script to have content by users that may be found grating to go *poof* with no trace. Unpersoning has never been easier!

Amen. If Sonic is what passes for the board troll these days then we have improved by quantum leaps over the days of Krezack and his multiple personalities (and every one an a-----e) Nur Ab Sal, Yushaa, that girl that used to threaten to kill us all, whatever her name was. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That I believe was Qistina.

I'm a bit disappointed Krezack wasn't around for Tony Abbot becoming Aussie PM, the reaction would have been hysterical- in both definitions of the term. I'm pretty sure that half of the forum trolls are the same person anyway, there's too much pattern of one going dormant then another popping up soon after with a slightly different shtick designed to get the same reactions from a slightly different group of people.

• Like 1

Guys, I think I have ban incoming in a two weeks, according to message so please enjoy your last days with me <3

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

That being said, I find calls for deletion and/or bans frankly unwarranted. If self-control is an issue -a problem I understand well- Fenixp kindly provided an easy-to-use script to have content by users that may be found grating to go *poof* with no trace. Unpersoning has never been easier!

Thanks. It does make it so I have to be slightly less strict about people I ignore (since there are people that I might like to ignore in some subforums but not others), but it's well worth the price of admission.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Amen. If Sonic is what passes for the board troll these days then we have improved by quantum leaps over the days of Krezack and his multiple personalities (and every one an a-----e) Nur Ab Sal, Yushaa, that girl that used to threaten to kill us all, whatever her name was.

Sorry, I missed that phase. ;)

I didn't want to promote a ban by the way. I just explained why he would get banned - if he would get banned. Like... hypothetically. ;)

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I would take Quistina over anoying squirrel any day. That being sad, I like that bans are not handed here easily, its breeze of fresh air

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I've never edited my comments to cover a trail, I edit because I say something that might not sound right in English, English isn't my primaral language, and I'm always on phone so yeah. Sometimes my comment gets edited like 5 times but it's not to hide anything from the mods.

p.s thank you guys for the lovely compliment. I certainly hope never to get banned but I cannot tell what the future holds. I do enjoy Melusina's posts, he is a pretty chill dude, unlike me - allegedly.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

there was also the guy with the weird vendetta about female NPCs in Dragon Age Inquisition having "man faces" but I don't think he posts around here anymore

and was he right?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

there was also the guy with the weird vendetta about female NPCs in Dragon Age Inquisition having "man faces" but I don't think he posts around here anymore

@luzarius

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah I mean we get our fair share of strange posters who show up with their rote schtick, and it can even be entertaining. But it does wear thin after awhile, and I'd argue Sonic has passed that point. 

Not that all us regulars don't wear on each other from time to time, we all get stuck in our ways. But I'd also argue that many of us that have been here for years have changed quite a bit, and we also don't tend to post in exactly the same manner over and over again. There is a difference between being a genuine person and having a small script that you never deviate from. Sonic is stuck repeating the same schtick over and over again, and hasn't shown any signs of letting off the gas pedal a bit.

• Like 1

Tbh, neither have some guy toward me. Seems like almost every thread (even the one's that I'm not on), my name gets toted around in some negative light. I really have only ever given the same respect that forum members have given me. If I've gotten worse it's probably more due to what I've seen in different threads rather than "Oh let's tick these people - insert name - off today!" Or "Let's see how far I can push these guys' buttons before I get told something by a mod" - which was nevee my mentality nor my goal.

So far, I've only recieved a warning point now since I've been on here, which was pretty much since I participated in funded the Deadfire campaign. The warning point wasn't even for this thread or other threads but comments I made that Hurlshot reported from months ago.

This isn't about being a genuine person, I've always been real with you guys, maybe it's something you don't consider genuine. I'm consistent because it's who I am, but at the same time I'm happy that Hurlshot cares instead of just blocking me, he still communicates with me and I respect Hurlshot alot for that.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that half of the forum trolls are the same person anyway, there's too much pattern of one going dormant then another popping up soon after with a slightly different shtick designed to get the same reactions from a slightly different group of people.

Yes, that was a pretty obvious case a few weeks back.

2pjwm4.jpg

• Like 5

sign.jpg