Forum Shutting Down

SonicMage117

My dearest Micr(0)bsidian,

I just wanted to say... Should the forums cease to exist, please remember that it is I whom was always your greatest fan. Nobody on these forums can match my gratitude or show the undying love and support towards you for I am unmatched in this area/arena.

Also, thank you for ignoring the petty troll comments from some bitter members. We live life, one moment to the next. We are but a vapor - your excellent games are a nice compliment to that.

THANK YOU for all your hard works! I will always buy your games and follow you down the depths of Eora.

• Like 3

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Tbh, it was designed for devs to read, not much for the members :lol:

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

"Look at me, look at me!"

You may consider using the contact tab to send your "thanks" directly to them.

I have none :( I'm on mobile ps phone, never get on here through pc.

"Look at me, look at me!"

You may consider using the contact tab to send your "thanks" directly to them.

I have none :( I'm on mobile ps phone, never get on here through pc.

If you click the link gfted1 gave, you can still access the contact form through Obsidian's web page where that link points on mobile (click the link, press the menu icon, press contact, fill out the form, press "send").

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wait... this is a trick.

Rotating my phone does nothing. Screen rotation is enabled as well. You guys are tricking me haha very funny guys!!!!

Edited by SonicMage117

It is a trick, right???

I don't understand why the mods don't delete some of the garbage this guy is putting up. Particularly in the general forum, which is the public face of the forum and Obsidian. I mean, WoT is WoT, but I'm pretty sure General is supposed to be used for more than just "look at me! I need attention!" posts.

• Like 6

Good thing you are not a mod. You would have probably banned me long ago, and for no other reason than not liking#agreeing with my posting style.

Anyway, not sure how showing Obsidian some love ever became a negative thing...

I don't understand why the mods don't delete some of the garbage this guy is putting up. Particularly in the general forum, which is the public face of the forum and Obsidian. I mean, WoT is WoT, but I'm pretty sure General is supposed to be used for more than just "look at me! I need attention!" posts.

You can always report posts that you feel violate the guidelines.  Alternatively you could PM @Fionavar, @Gorth, @Pidesco and @Rosbjerg who are the listed moderators of this forum regarding concerns in this particular forum.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Good thing you are not a mod. You would have probably banned me long ago, and for no other reason than not liking#agreeing with my posting style.

No, he would because you are the member with the most trollish posting style. That doesn't mean that I can't agree with some of your posts - but your blueprint for a thread involves writing provocative stuff in a trollish manner in order to get attention and to provoke fruitless discussion about opinions. Because of that you never take part in discussion about factual things like mechanics, rules, items, quests - anything that is tangible. You also don't give tips or advice on games. You don't do bug reports. You don't contribute useful stuff. Fair enough, nobody needs to. Having a joker can be nice as well. But whenever you start a thread there's the guarantee that it won't end very well. Given that there are many, many threads in this forums and very few of them - even the ones that criticize - get such negative reactions I wouldn't blame it on the other forum members "who just don't agree with the content of my posts". What they not only disagree with but loathe is your attitude. It's like when a guy walks into a bar and yells "Which one of you mongers wants to buy this handsome dude a drink?" and later tells the policeman who scrapes him off the street that he didn't do anything, "really - they just couldn't stand my overly handsome face I guess."

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Surely, there is a consensus around here that the following isn't exactly welcome (as these things stir the forums like a stick in a hornet nest, while clogging them up):

-Starting Clickbait threads

-Starting threads with Obsidian-negative titles that turns out be whatever, but usually devoid of substance and direction

-Starting such thread repeatedly even after have been kindly advised by other forum members and mods not to do so

-Spamming long gaming Youtube clips, almost as if a bot had randomly selected them

And if this still keeps on occurring, we should all heed Amentep's reporting instructions.

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

And if this still keeps on occurring, we should all heed Amentep's reporting instructions.

What do you mean? This is the way my posting style has always been, since I joined.

Innocent to proven guilty or something something teehee :p

I demand a fair trial, a lawyer and... a... phone call!!

I am not that unlikable ffs.. I am just me. Nobody even has to read my thread or respond lol This is not in any way dangerous to the community or reputation of Obsidian. That's slander and you all are out to get me!!!!

Edited by SonicMage117

What do you mean? This is the way my posting style has always been, since I joined.

Anyone can report posts they feel that don't meet the forums guidelines.  Every report is reviewed by multiple moderators under the supervision of @Fionavar.  When a consensus is reached, any necessary action will be taken.  Some reported posts violate the guidelines, others don't.  Any action taken by the moderators may, or may not, be visible to the other users depending on what is determined to be the appropriate course of action.

Users also have the ability without moderator intervention to listen to the feedback of their fellow forum goers and choose whether the feedback might give a cause to self-moderate interaction (or not, per the individual).  In a, for lack of a better word, collegial environment as this we can all take criticisms to better our relationships and communication with our fellow forumites.

I believe two lines from the guidelines may be appropriate to reference in this thread:

• We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ
  • Posting frequent, annoying, and/or nonsensical posts are not tolerated in these forums.
  • Like 3

So... in other words I have done nothing wrong. Thank you! Can't see that anyone would find my posts "annoying" as the last threads I made before the two today were, well, awhile back. The other thread I made today was merged. My comments I guess could be annoying to certain individuals if they don't like them but I suppose that a mod will say "That's what the block button is fur"

I've never been harmful in any way and I have been one of the only few who faithfully support them, even through the acquisition of Microsoft. That being said, members have always found my "spam" helpful in the past because it was relevant to the needs of the forum to thrive.

I have always loved the forum and will remain doing everything I can to make it succeed - that is until it shuts down.

The final question:

Was it a "Look at me!" Post? Damn right, but not in the way members think. I think that I deserve to be acknowledged by Obsidian, I am the ultimate fan and I will always be. I couldn't care less what members think of me because my obsession is that of Obsidian and not the members. This post was a love letter and a great one, I strongly believe that it was the right way to go about it for those reasons. I hope you all agree but you are free not to.

It's interesting that in a forum that has seen such luminaries as obyknven, Lord of Flies, and others that may or may not still be active, this person has managed to one-up all of them and get a rise out of so many users, so consistently, simply by virtue of their posting style (because there is no substance to speak of).

That being said, I find calls for deletion and/or bans frankly unwarranted. If self-control is an issue -a problem I understand well- Fenixp kindly provided an easy-to-use script to have content by users that may be found grating to go *poof* with no trace. Unpersoning has never been easier!

• Like 10

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.