Do I need to update the Mods for 4.0?

Hey guys, I took a break from playing Deadfire since the first DLC (the Winter one) and before I was updating many mods to keep it playable. Do I need to update the mods again this time for 4.0? If so, what kind of mods need to be updated? All of them or just some? I remember I have to update subclasses and abilities mod from pre-2.0 and pos-2.0. 

I want to play again now that every premium DLC is out but I also want to play with some of the mods I previously used. Thank you for any kind of response...

I don't think 4.0 breaks much of anything, certainly nothing I've seen in any of the main mods. The mods you used may have been updated since you played last, though. I'd recommend going to the nexus and downloading the latest version, the site will show "update available" if a mod's been changed since you last downloaded it.

Thanks for the answer. I already checked the nexus for the updated mod but it seems many of them haven't got updated after the release date of 4.0. just wondering if it's not updated or it doesn't need to be. Because i also upload my mod there and haven't got the time to update

Thanks for the answer. I already checked the nexus for the updated mod but it seems many of them haven't got updated after the release date of 4.0. just wondering if it's not updated or it doesn't need to be. Because i also upload my mod there and haven't got the time to update

Most of the mods on Nexus aren't updated because they don't need to be. Things in Deadfire are rather modular, and if something wasn't specifically tweaked it tends to stay working.

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

All Class mods had to be updated for 4.0, so probably only these ones you would have to get the updated versions of :p

• Like 1

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

Hehe the ones that edit progression tables at least, since the new classes came out.

Edited by NocturnalTrance

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins