Sorry about next "help with build" topic but I am torn between few choices. Most builds I found either on reddit or here are from 5-6 months ago. Maybe here I can find someone who can help me. I want to play on PotD with companions and deadly deadfire mod. My core party would be aloth as mage, xoti as priest, eder fighter/rogue and tekehu as druid/chanter (prolly gonna switch later). I am looking for a good build for either monk or cipher (can be multiclass)

pure nelpazca monk - sounds most fun for me but are single class monks any good compared to multiclassed ? -  read somewhere fists are lackluster later (?) 

streetwise rogue / nelpazca monk - read it's op but I think it's too much hussle keeping up drugs, alcohol for pukestabber and being flanked or bloodied.... 

helwalker monk / f.e. bleakwalker paladin - range glass cannon could be good? read somewhere frostseeker + swift flurry is op but i think it's no longer working cause of nerfs (?)

cipher soulblade/ paladin bleakwalker - melee

cipher/ rogue or barbarian - range with frostseeker - dunno how is it now after nerf 

helwaker monk / ravager barbarian 

Anyone maybe could rate them as how viable they are?

Edited by siema87

I like Helwalker/Ascendant. A bit slow early on, once he gets Duality and Stunning Blows he really starts rocking. Works great with some ranged weapons, particularly Kitchen Stove with its Thunderous Report, the dual hand mortars (great with Stunning Blows).

Also sweet with Grave Calling sabre and a chanter, where you use the saber to kill your own skeletons that you summoned between you and the enemy, which generates foe-only deadly, paralyzing chillfogs, which provide focus for you.

Monk makes one of the strongest single classes in the game. It has some disgusting PL 8 and 9 powers and there are a variety of builds to take advantage.

Vanilla monk is perfectly good, the specializations are very powerful but also limited side grades that you can skip without regrets.

• Like 1