[Poll] What's the best Effigy's Resentment bonus?

35 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best Effigy's Resentment choice in Deadfire?

• Durance: +1 CON, +5% Max Health
    • Devil of Caroc: +1 DEX, +1 Penetration vs. Kith
    • Eder: +1 MIG, +2 Deflection
    • Mahena: +1 MIG, +5 defense against might affliction
    • Grieving Mother: +1 RES, +5 defense against intelligence affliction
    • Kana: +1 INT, +5 defense against dexterity affliction
    • Pallegina: +1 RES, +1 Shock AR
    • Sagani: +1 PER, +2 Accuracy for >4m targets
    • Aloth: +1 INT, +5 Reflex
    • Hiravias: +1 DEX, +1 Slash AR
    • Zahua: +1 CON, +5% Beneficial effect duration

In my opinion, the debate on which bonus is the best rests mostly on what the secondary effects are.  Obviously if your build favours Might, for example, then you'd prefer to have Eder (you monster!), but Eder's secondary effect is not that good (+2 Deflection is hardly the best choice on a damage-dealing character) compared to other ones.

I'm thinking, and this applies to melee RANGED only mind you, that Sagani's bonus is actually the best, because Accuracy is a key stat for almost every build, and her bonus effectively gives you +3 accuracy, as long as you're melee RANGED.

What do you think?

Edited by Yosharian

I like having living party members in Deadfire, so I almost always choose either Devil of Caroc (melee dps) or Sagani (ranged dps). Eder is really, really good, but like I said, I like having him in the party instead. Durance deserves an honourable mention for a few builds, but the top three are clearly Eder, Sagani and Devil.

To your second question: Yes, it should.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

For ranged debilitator or damage-dealer, Sagani bonus looks awesome.

For a frontliner: Eder and Hiravias.

Zahua's bonus is nice for a buffer and someone with many HoT abilities.

+1 PEN vs Kith doesn't look that great, because there are not that many kith enemies with high AR in the first place.

P.S. Ehh, too bad you have to sacrifice someone in order to actually get those bonuses. And I just can't do it)

Well, maybe with the exception of... *giving Durance a long look*

Edited by MaxQuest

Using the story creator in Deadfire makes it a lot less traumatic, though XD

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Can't you make a char with Ydwin's "vessel-race" yellow skin and bald head and equip her with the Breastplate? Then export the build? Shouldn't be that hard and when you zoom out you can't tell the difference. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For ranged debilitator or damage-dealer, Sagani bonus looks awesome.

For a frontliner: Eder and Hiravias.

Zahua's bonus is nice for a buffer and someone with many HoT abilities.

+1 PEN vs Kith doesn't look that great, because there are not that many kith enemies with high AR in the first place.

P.S. Ehh, too bad you have to sacrifice someone in order to actually get those bonuses. And I just can't do it)

Well, maybe with the exception of... *giving Durance a long look*

Ohhh wait a minute.  The Sagani buff is for targets GREATER THAN 4m away... is that it?  ****.

I'm such a moron, I read less than

Edited by Yosharian