Patch Notes for 4.0.1.0041

Hello everyone!

We are releasing a small hotfix patch today to address some issues brought up by the community. Please see the patch notes listed below.

Patch notes for v4.0.1.0041

Please note that these notes contain spoilers:

• Resolved issues:
      • Removed the progression-breaking autosave before meeting Llengrath at the beginning of LAX03.
      • Italian and Spanish languages now display God Challenge text.
      • Starting a conversation with Fetid Spray while wearing Arkemyr's Robes does not repeat giving the instructions to the player.
      • Llengrath encounter to start The Forgotten Sanctum DLC can no longer start during a storm.
      • NPC ships on the world map will be placed back in the sea if they get stuck inland.
      • Forbidden Fist Curse Damage when stacked is calculates as expected.
      • Player's can now turn in Seeds of Deception to Llengrath and only Llengrath when they receive the quest from her.
      • Izzia now appears for anyone who had previously spoken with her. New playthroughs will require the party to complete a specific encounter before she will appear in Periki's Overlook.
    • Known issues:
      • Ydwin lines in Forgotten Sanctum are missing VO
      • Player cannot provide Llengrath with the Modified Annals of Llengrath once she has moved into the Scriptorium.
        Work Around: Complete the quest Root and Branch prior to completing whichever wing of the Halls Obscured you decide to do second.

• Like 5

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

https://old.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/a81gd7/poe2_my_game_has_turnbased_mode/

Does anyone know what's up with this? Did the game actually patch in a turn-based mode out of nowhere today?

(I haven't patched yet for MMO connection reasons, but is this an actual thing?)

EDIT: Looks like it was, and then it got removed. Completely accidental leak, it seems.

Edited by Saito Hikari

Heh, not so much a surprise anymore I guess.

Very interesting though. I prefer RTwP but it's cool to see so much dedication to post-launch support and providing player options.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm on GoG Galaxy and that game's still not updating. Is it just me or GoG doesn't have the patch yet?

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I’m on the regular channel. Is the hotfix on the beta channel?

For some reason GoG Galaxy wasn't updating to this hotfix while the "Automatically update to the newest version" option was selected. I had to deselect it and manually pick the latest version for the update to kick off.

Thanks Daled for the tip :)