Need some help about Blood Mage ability modding

Hi, modders!

Recently,I’ve try to make the Blood Sacrifice more reasonnable; such as: if there is empty low rank slots(Spell Lvl 1-3), the Blood Sacrifice WILL NOT trgget tier 2 or tier 3 raw damage, Until all those slots are fully recovered. Meanwhile if the low rank spell is full, but medium slots are empty(Spell Lvl 4-6),the tier 1 and 3 damage Will never triggered, same as the high spell lvl.

The whole idea is to make Blood Sacrifice "controllable", when u use this ability, it will charge your resource from low to high and do not waste your HP.

I've read game-data-formats documentation, but i have no idea how to fulfil my purpose; I wish somebody could give me a direction.

(I've thinking that maybe I could  use "ApplicationPrerequisites" under StatusEffectGameData? But, I do not know how to write new conditions.)

Cheers!

Looking at the code (but not having actually used the Blood Mage), I think this might be pretty complex to achieve. I do not know of conditionals that would work (but perhaps they've been added recently?).

That said, there may be a way to change the self-attack into a series of self-attacks that allow for the functionality you desire.

I like the idea you're suggesting; it makes a lot of sense. I'll try to look into it more.

Maybe it would be easier to just have three tiers of blood sacrifice. Give three blood sacrifice abilities to the blood mage, each with their corresponding spell slot restoration and damage. So you could choose which rank you want to restore. It would be hard to make an automatic system to do that :p

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

• 1 month later...

What about making blood sacrifice grant brilliant for a duration proportional to the damage taken?

Multiple tiers with different mechanics could also work. (probably easier to implement with modding)
PL0: current blood sacrifice
PL4: brilliant blood sacrifice
PL8: free spells when near death

Alternatively current blood sacrifice split into 3 tiers (not sure if possible with current modding tools)
PL0: small hp loss for random spell 1-3
PL4: moderate hp loss for random spell 4-6
PL7: large hp loss for random spell 7-9

• 1 year later...

I didn't do all the conditional stuff, but I did add Brilliant inspiration to the Blood Sacrifice Ability. It works reasonably well. I didn't do all the conditional stuff, but I did add Brilliant inspiration to the Blood Sacrifice Ability. It works reasonably well.