Help with using mods from Workshop + mods from Nexus?

I guess I'm out of the loop on POE2 modding, since last I was messing with it we were still basically doing it by hand.  In any event, I've had a series of confounding issues today.  I assumed that all the mods from everywhere still just went into the override folder, so I picked some Nexus mods (via their new Vortex client) to go w/ some Workshop mods & assumed they'd all cooperate (as long as they didn't conflict obviously). 

Well when I got em all ready to go & checked my mod manager in-game there were only 3 mods listed, which was less than I had from either source individually.  The 3 mods listed all seemed to come from the Nexus half of things so I tried to troubleshoot some & deleted the Override folder to see what would happen, the result was all of the mods from the Workshop suddenly appearing in the list.  

So now IDK what to do, almost all of the Nexus mods were missing even when it seemed to be "in charge", and IDK the source location for either set of mods base files to just throw them in the override folder together.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know much about this but I know that you have two applications trying to do work for you, that would be better done yourself.  You have steam which determines its own pathways for everything and then the nexus mod downloader as well.  Do you know where those files are put?  Having ownership over the process is why you should buy on GoG, mate.

I don't know much about this but I know that you have two applications trying to do work for you, that would be better done yourself. You have steam which determines its own pathways for everything and then the nexus mod downloader as well. Do you know where those files are put? Having ownership over the process is why you should buy on GoG, mate.

Does Gog have workshop-like functionality?Basic reason I was using both was because there were some things only on one or the other that I wanted to use. I use Vortex for things because it usually makes things easy. I have no real opinion on Steam vs. GOG or doing it myself, as I've done all of those at different times. I'm just not sure any of that is terribly applicable to the situation.

In any event, I'll have to try & hunt down the Workshop file locations at least.

Edited by Seroster01

Workshop mods don't go in the override directory, Steam downloads them to a separate directory in the steamapps folder.  I believe Nexus downloads things straight into the override directory.  They should play nice with each other.  If you upload the output_log.txt from PillarsOfEternityII_Data after running the game and seeing the issue, we might be able to see what's up.

Well near as I can tell the issues were resolved with a little hand jamming, copying the Workshop mod files into the override folder. My assumption is that the game has some type of either/or switch for which folder it loads mods from; if there's something in the normal override folder it ignores the Workshop folder. In any event, all of my mods are on the list now & seem to be functioning.

• 3 months later...