I mean, they've already displayed that they'll be selling via Steam and have a Steam store page and so on. That said, Epic Games' storefront would logically be giving Obsidian a larger slice of the pie once that's an option. Steam's 70% isn't a bad cut, but since it uses UE4 and the Epic Games storefront takes a smaller cut from sales -and- doesn't charge the normal slice for using their engine as far as I understand it... I guess Epic Games' storefront would be the way to make sure the most money makes it into Obsidian/Private Division's hands.

Yes, I would definitely support some way of purchasing directly through the developer.  I will install Steam if that is the only way, but I always find it unnecessary middle-ware for the most part.  A developer of Obsidian's caliber could easily make a direct-buy option available, if they thought there would be sufficient support for that option.  So thumbs-up from me for a non-steam option for purchasing the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would you need to pre-order a digital game? When it comes out you can buy it? It's not as if they are going to run out of stock.

So that it will automatically download while I sleep and I won't have to waste that chunk of time.

I only play single player games and as we are seeing lots of single player focused games (Fallout, ESO) are becoming multiplayer, The Outer World feels like a breath of fresh air.

But I am not pre-ordering the game as I don't like pre-ordering and didn't recommend.

• Like 1