the_dog_days

Pachfinder Bugmaker: The Rekkoning

one thing that rubs me wrong way about kingmaker is about classes versus this whole kingdom stuff. I like that management game but on other hand I really liked BG2 approach where it was more tailored to your character even if it was very limited. I mean why would druid became a king? Why can't I make this whole region some kind of magical forest or something. I really would like to try druid character but it just feels so out of place :/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Can I be super evil and rule my subjects through fear?

yes you can, aligment have effect on kingdom, as opposed to class

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Thanks for the input folks. I'll likely scoop it up next time it's on sale.

Treat it like a Bethesda game and mod the crap out of it.

So, make all the females characters into nude supermodels?  :shifty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

kingdom building were what set the kingmaker adventure path apart from other pathfinder ap. unfortunate, the kingdom building as implemented by owlcat were more 'bout frustration and annoyance than anything else. anybody willing to suffer kingmaker ee and provide feedback 'bout real changes made to kingdom building will enjoy our genuine and heartfelt thanks.

HA! Good Fun!

ps as disappointed as we were with owlcat's kingmaker, am hoping they make a second pathfinder game. sure, kingmaker were a buggy mess, but there were obvious potential. would be disappointed if kingmaker were a one-off.

"Those who won our independence by revolution were not cowards. They did not fear political change. They did not exalt order at the cost of liberty. To courageous, self-reliant men, with confidence in the power of free and fearless reasoning applied through the processes of popular government, no danger flowing from speech can be deemed clear and present, unless the incidence of the evil apprehended is so imminent that it may befall before there is opportunity for full discussion. If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."--Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

They were asking few weeks ago on their Facebook page, in what region people would love to play PF CRPG, so they are probably already behind the pitch period of the development, and soon we'll know more.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)

My PS Platinums - 19 games so far (my PSN profile):

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

As buggy as it was and as frustrating as kingdom management could be, I still probably played this game more than any other over the last year.  A new game would be an instant pre-order/buy.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/6/19

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

As buggy as it was and as frustrating as kingdom management could be, I still probably played this game more than any other over the last year.  A new game would be an instant pre-order/buy.

the other sandbox pathfinder adventure path were skull and shackles, which were kinda what we were hoping deadfire would be. obsidian coulda' taken much inspiration from pathfinder's pirates, not least of which were the free sails regatta and neil spicer's island. unfortunate for owlcat, obsidian just did pirates.

carrion crown might be a good option, and one shady would find inherent intriguing. vampires. well, not just vampires, but all the traditional gothic horror stuff. the thing is, we believe carrion crown were paizo's best effort towards making non-combat gameplay central to an ap. could achieve many/most goals w/o combat.  regardless, gots the werewolves and vampires and even frankenstein stuff which some people like and also has unique non-combat opportunities owlcat would no doubt screw every which way so as to make Gromnir regret ever suggesting carrion crown. win-win, no? 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"Those who won our independence by revolution were not cowards. They did not fear political change. They did not exalt order at the cost of liberty. To courageous, self-reliant men, with confidence in the power of free and fearless reasoning applied through the processes of popular government, no danger flowing from speech can be deemed clear and present, unless the incidence of the evil apprehended is so imminent that it may befall before there is opportunity for full discussion. If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."--Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

My favourites would be Jade Regent, because Eastern setting, and Reign of Winter, well, because Slavic setting 😛 And because Owlcat is Russian, I really, really hope, someone would pitch for the Slavic one :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)

My PS Platinums - 19 games so far (my PSN profile):

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

46 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

The Enhanced Edition is out. Apparently it doesn't immediately break everything, except custom portraits.

I was waiting on this. When they announced it and that it'd have new stuff I dropped my old game.

And since it broke custom portraits, I guess it might have to start new...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

The base game is still $40.00! Guess Ill be waiting for a DEEP sale. :lol:

Word of mouth post-launch has really gotten the ball rolling for this game's fortunes, so you may be waiting some time yet.

"Turned wrong way round, the relentless unforeseen was what we schoolchildren studied as 'History,' harmless history, where everything unexpected in its own time is chronicled on the page as inevitable. The terror of the unforeseen is what the science of history hides, turning a disaster into an epic.”

-Philip Roth, The Plot Against America

"Always write angry letters to your enemies. Never mail them."

-James Fallows

Was looking at the Owlcat forums, and it turns out somebody made a turn-based mod for Kingmaker.  Looks pretty decent from the video the creator posted.  Needs Unity Mod Manager, but so do most Kingmaker mods, as far as I'm aware.

Just thought somebody might be interested in it.  I definitely plan to give a try at some point (I'd like to finish the game normally first, though.  Hopefully the kingdom management is less terrible now in the EE.)

Edited by Vaeliorin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Finally managed to beat the game. 

What to say. I guess "unpolished gem" is the most positive thing you can say about this? There's a lot of good stuff, but it really has it's bad sides too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1