Pachfinder Bugmaker: The Rekkoning

the_dog_days

Not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but (spoilers for the House at the Edge of Time)

Nok-Nok keeps dying, despite that I've completed his quest and it counted as the last. It might be because of how I resolved the battle with the barghest (the Diplomacy skill check), but he still should have survived. It (completion of their questlines) worked for all other companions, thus it is reasonable to assume that it should work in the same manner for Nok-Nok.

Completing the companion quest alone isn't enough, you need to solve it in the right way to keep the companion. I'm not sure what is really necessary for Nok-Nok to survive but I've made him the court jester and it was enough.

Did you talk to Nok-Nok after the barghest battle? Because that conversation decides his fate.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Completing the companion quest alone isn't enough, you need to solve it in the right way to keep the companion. I'm not sure what is really necessary for Nok-Nok to survive but I've made him the court jester and it was enough.

Did you talk to Nok-Nok after the barghest battle? Because that conversation decides his fate.

I did, but I don't remember what exactly I told him. Something like being a hero in his own way.

I did, but I don't remember what exactly I told him. Something like being a hero in his own way.

Heh, that post reminded me of something.

:p

• Like 1

You people remind me how much I hate goblin humor. Ugly little runts that they are. Still, I feel sorry for Nok Nok. I guess if a participation prize makes him happy, I'll be happy for him. He still spends all his time back at the camp picking his nose. Except when I need to take him for his quests, of course.

• Like 1

χαίρετε

I edited* Nok-Nok back and completed the last chapter with him. There was no epilogue for him, but he participated in the final battle and the secret ending was successfully achieved.

*added him as an available companion, instead of setting the correct quest flag. Not the best solution, but the least time-consuming.

---

As a side note, I think, there's strong dissonance between the plot and its presentation - the story by itself is rather grim, but the narrator (Linzi) paints rainbows and unicorns upon it. The main character builds their kingdom on the remains of their adversaries and predecessors and has to be absolutely determined to hold it, no matter how many corpses and resources required to do so. Thus the only character fitting this mindset I was able to RP was Kyros the Overlord. Though, Tyranny was somehow more self-aware.

Despite (or because of) it, PF:KM still was interesting to play.

I just noticed that for some reason even though it's not mentioned in the Kickstarter rewards my copy of Pathfinder: Kingmaker did in fact come with the DLC Season Pass.

Way to go Owlcat. I'll get back to the game once all the expansions/DLCs are released. It's too much of a time commitment to get back into it now.

I just beat the game again.

Some how ended up with Nyrissa and both twins. I wonder what I need to do to get better results on some of the end slides. Seems like I'm too good to the people and need to pick more money making options. Also not sure who makes the best barbarian leader either.

The only companion I couldn't save was Linzi since she can't be saved but I also was able to get Tartuccio/Tartuk back for the last part of the game which was an interesting turn.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

I just beat the game again.

The only companion I couldn't save was Linzi since she can't be saved

Wait what?

Lizi dies at the end of the game, so you'll have to do the potential endgame without her. Good luck if you're like me and she's an integral part of the party. :p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of figured that Kingmaker had a lot going against it with the RPGCodex crowd (RTwP instead of turn-based, romances out the wazoo, straightforward quest design, and a fairly by-the-numbers, though nonetheless well-written, main plot).

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Apparently RPG codex voted Patchfinder their game of the year. They also had the Wildcards dlc that broke the game the runner up for dlc of the year.  :skeptical:

I can't take them seriously, they made Bard's Tale win "best remake" award. What the hell is Kenshi doing there :D

The Bard's Tale remake was actually really well done, even with making the 99 Barbarians fight a one time event. :)

• Like 1

Apparently RPG codex voted Patchfinder their game of the year. They also had the Wildcards dlc that broke the game the runner up for dlc of the year. :skeptical:

I can't take them seriously, they made Bard's Tale win "best remake" award. What the hell is Kenshi doing there :D

The Bard's Tale remake is easily the best remake/remaster I've ever played and the best game in InXile's entire catalogue.

How's Bugmaker right now anyway?  I kind of want to play something new but where I won't have to learn the system from scratch, but howlongtobeat has this to say about it: Main Story: --, Main + Extras 140 hours, Completionist: -- .

:blink:

So before committing bloody 140 hours it would be nice to know the game would not break halfway there.  

Apparently RPG codex voted Patchfinder their game of the year. They also had the Wildcards dlc that broke the game the runner up for dlc of the year. :skeptical:

The Bard's Tale remake is easily the best remake/remaster I've ever played and the best game in InXile's entire catalogue.

Best joke I've heard all week.

A ton of glitches, completely broken pathing, crashes that corrupt save files, terrible optimalization, combat that is basically rocket tag and very easy to exploit... do I need to go on?

The game is 6/10 on Steam atm and that's pretty generous for this piece of crap.

Edited by Manveru123