Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pachfinder Bugmaker: The Rekkoning

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Manveru123

Manveru123

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 821 posts

Your kingdom will never cause a game over on Auto. And if you're not on Auto, you can turn on "invincible kingdom" setting and it will be the same.

I personally am somewhat fond of Effortless.

Sounds like you got stat drained, these are the coloured dots next to your portrait. They go away after rest if you activate the option in menus.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3268 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
How do you get Tristian to
Spoiler

In three games I haven't managed it so I get the fake version of a certain item later.

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
In my game, I followed his advice about
Spoiler
I caved it in instead (after I savsd and foind out what was inside, of course). Plus, I solved everything with him good style.
  • ShadySands likes this

ShadySands

ShadySands

• Members
  • 3268 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Thanks! I went ahead and went in anyways. I'll try that

Saito Hikari

Saito Hikari

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Steam:Alilatias

I went in and still managed to get Tristian to comply at the end. I think I just said that I just wanted to take a look around.

I think the main requirement is that you had to have done his companion quests beforehand, agree with him in most of the dialogue prompts in the dungeon, and don't try any demonic rituals in the dungeon as well.

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I did the one ritual to access some sort of demon. The advantage in doing the three demon run isn't all that great. I managed to get a 'good' ending with all my companions except the undead chick. I don't know what I did wrong with her, but I'm going to try something different next time.

Saito Hikari

Saito Hikari

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 121 posts
Yeah, it's really ambiguous if you got the good ending with Jaethal.

Spoiler

The relationship between Jaethal and Tristian as it pertains to endgame is really, really obtuse. One of the frustrating things about Pathfinder is that you don't know if the consequences are a result of your decisions or it's because something bugged out along the way.

I still tried to get as much of a completionist run as I could, but I failed to get the secret ending and I failed with Jaethal, and the latter had no obvious reason why.

Coincidentally, the latest beta patch also changes the chapter 4 split decision. To explain the history of this decision and why it was hugely problematic (beyond being 'I hope you knew about this beforehand or else your party might get -really- screwed over at endgame' levels of bad design), it's basically gone into three phases.

Spoiler

Edited by Saito Hikari, 29 December 2018 - 02:36 AM.

• Epaminondas likes this

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yeah, that's just non-sense. However, Jaethal has a visceris reaction if she's in the party when Tristan does his end quest. Also, even though there's a 'good' option for Tristan. The neutral option when push comes to shove
Spoiler
is so much better written. I was genuinely touched at what they wrote for Tristan at that point. People want romances in games. Tristan's response is so nakedly sincere. If I'm looking at something personal and meaningful in a game, that's the direction I would go. In fact, most of the companion quests endings were quite well done. I hope to get the optimal ending for Jaethal next game, but I'm also willing to take what I have with the idea that not everyone can be saved every time. Anyhow, bud, thanks for sharing.
  • Hawke64 likes this

Saito Hikari

Saito Hikari

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 121 posts
Yeah, the companions in Pathfinder are amazingly well-written, despite coming off as generic and tropey when you first meet them. Then you tackle the companion quests one step at a time when the game progresses in its timeline, and you start to realize that they all have actual depth to them. The companions' development throughout the entire game is one of the things this game did extremely well.

It also reminded me how disappointed I was in PoE2's companion quests.

ShadySands

ShadySands

• Members
  • 3268 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
It worked this time and he destroyed the item

Thanks
  • Epaminondas likes this

Melusina

Melusina

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Steam:Sorceress
  • Deadfire Backer

Quick question

I'm replaying the game & I decided to kill everyone at Syncamore, but missing quests would bug me out so much. What to do with the relics and should I clean all the caves?

Manveru123

Manveru123

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 821 posts

The only thing you can do with the relics is sell them.

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
...Or pointlessly keep them to put in the museum... which doesn't exist in the game. I mean, you can build a museum, but you can't put all your excess junk in it. I still have mine in my stash, but I have had no use for since finishing that area.
  • Hawke64 likes this

Hawke64

Hawke64

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Steam:Hawke_404
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but (spoilers for the House at the Edge of Time)

Spoiler

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Spoiler

Hawke64

Hawke64

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spoiler

Spoiler

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
When I get back to it, I'll say what happened with Nok Nok. I finished his quest and he seemed very happy and Linzi's journal entry for him is positive also.

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Heh, that post reminded me of something.

:p

• Hawke64 likes this

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
You people remind me how much I hate goblin humor. Ugly little runts that they are. Still, I feel sorry for Nok Nok. I guess if a participation prize makes him happy, I'll be happy for him. He still spends all his time back at the camp picking his nose. Except when I need to take him for his quests, of course.
  • Hawke64 likes this

Hawke64

Hawke64

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I edited* Nok-Nok back and completed the last chapter with him. There was no epilogue for him, but he participated in the final battle and the secret ending was successfully achieved.

*added him as an available companion, instead of setting the correct quest flag. Not the best solution, but the least time-consuming.

---

As a side note, I think, there's strong dissonance between the plot and its presentation - the story by itself is rather grim, but the narrator (Linzi) paints rainbows and unicorns upon it. The main character builds their kingdom on the remains of their adversaries and predecessors and has to be absolutely determined to hold it, no matter how many corpses and resources required to do so. Thus the only character fitting this mindset I was able to RP was Kyros the Overlord. Though, Tyranny was somehow more self-aware.

Despite (or because of) it, PF:KM still was interesting to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users