Pachfinder Bugmaker: The Rekkoning

the_dog_days

My standard party is my fighter/ranger/paladin PC, Valerie, Amiri, Linzi, and two rotating slots for Octavia, Jubilost, Harrim or Tristian depending on what kind of additional spellcasting I felt I'd need. I've never used Ekun or Nok Nok that much even though I'm aware of their damage potential.

And yes, Blind-fight is one of the most valuable feats available. After my first playthrough when I learned of its value, I've added it to every single character and companion in all subsequent playthroughs.

Edited by kanisatha

11 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Ekun and that caster elf lady were only character i could stand in my group

I’m assuming you took Accomplished Sneak Attack at level 3 and started picking up Arcane Trickster levels at 5? The part where Volcanic Storm does double sneak attack damage on entire rooms full of enemies...

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

I’m assuming you took Accomplished Sneak Attack at level 3 and started picking up Arcane Trickster levels at 5? The part where Volcanic Storm does double sneak attack damage on entire rooms full of enemies...

yes, i used mainly ray spells tho. Is Volcanic Storm ray? I don't remember

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

7 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

yes, i used mainly ray spells tho. Is Volcanic Storm ray? I don't remember

No, it's AoE, but it procs both a physical attack and a fire attack. Sneak attack applies to both. Octavia can sneak up to an encounter and either kill or mortally wound everything in the area, leaving a few enemies to be picked off. Especially helpful in Pitax :)

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

On 8/16/2020 at 6:23 AM, ShadySands said:

I have Linzi, Amiri, and Valerie in my party.

I have ...unconventional memories about how this very party met a monitor lizard either to their way to Oleg's or from it and then both the party and the lizard proceeded to miss each other for something like 15 minutes. Wish I took a screenshot (or several of them, that was really loooong log) of that combat log, all those misses juxtaposed with what was happening on screen -- a bunch of people failing to hit a pony-sized lizard with swords and said lizard failing to bite these people -- was kind of funny in the "Are you even f--ing serious, game" way.

My relationship with PK:M is this peculiar love-hate thing, when on the hate side I can instantly unroll the 5 metres long scroll with the list of grievances and annoyances of assorted caliber I'm still salty about even it's a year or so since I last played, but when asked why I loved it (which I did, oddly enough), I can only muster "...je ne sais quoi?" Maybe because it's obviously a labour of love by an enthusiastic, inspired and seemingly nice developers?

• Like 2

Curious about that TB mode, looks more polished and explained than the mod, too bad I can't think of an interesting class to play (already did Grenadier, found everything else either boring or impossible to understand without reading f--ing tabletop rulebooks, like kineticist.

6 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Curious about that TB mode, looks more polished and explained than the mod, too bad I can't think of an interesting class to play (already did Grenadier, found everything else either boring or impossible to understand without reading f--ing tabletop rulebooks, like kineticist.

kineticist are very overpowered and easy to understand compare to other overpowered multiclass broken nonsense

just use fire against pretty much anything doesn't have high resistance or immunity to fire

but kineticist also seems to have some bug with retraining in the last patch

not sure if it is fixed or not

5 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

kineticist are very overpowered and easy to understand compare to other overpowered multiclass broken nonsense

just use fire against pretty much anything doesn't have high resistance or immunity to fire

but kineticist also seems to have some bug with retraining in the last patch

not sure if it is fixed or not

Kineticist were pretty OP in PnP as well. My friend always came out with ridiculous builds which were destroying everything in his way...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Did a quick go to the turn based mode (by that I attempted multiple times to beat Fallen Priestess without her permanently killing one of the teammates). I like the UI and information but couple things I don't like:
1) Camera widly swinging from character to character - there is something off about it, which makes things more confusing to me, then helpful.

2) Did they really just erase an ability to smoothly zoom in and out? Unless some of my mods break stuff, now it's only close or near zoom. Not a biggie as I managed to adjust but annoying nonetheless. 

3) as space is now used to accelerate/end turns I see no way of pausing the game which is unfortunate. I wanted to stop the game from going, to analyse spells being cast and stats, before the log gets filled by 6 inconsequencial enemy actions.

Good:

1) Turn based system is really clearly communicated. They seemed to even impliment fullaction spells, which I don't think were in the mod.

2) I like the little roll indicator above a character - it decreses the need to dive into the log all the time.

• Like 1

🥳 I killed the Fallen Priestess! I don’t know what happened, I think maybe one of dispels thrown by Jubilost and Tristan actually hit and Amari smashed her to bits in two hits. No casulities. Well, not until Tristran walked into the Rift of Ruin like a little **** he is. Luckily his body didn’t disappear in the pit, which I am pretty sure that happened before. Lvl up as a reward. You get blind fight and you get blind fight. Everyone gets blind fight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I vaguely remember kiting that bi†ch and her posse through the room with some golems, I think, plus some of them remained to grind Tristian into well-deserved pile of intestines and sh!t, so it all was much easier than engaging them all at once.

Oh, and Worms? If you think this fight was bullsh!t, I have some bad news for you re: end game. Start psyching yourself for frustration and disappointment in advance. 💩

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Hmm, now the game keeps telling me that I don't own the DLC even though it all shows as installed

Rolling back to the last patch fixed it

Thanks, I almost managed to convince myself to try playing it again. :lol:

2 hours ago, bugarup said:

Oh, and Worms? If you think this fight was bullsh!t, I have some bad news for you re: end game. Start psyching yourself for frustration and disappointment in advance. 💩

Hahaha! Oh god. I remember playing PoE1 and thinking: "it's great. Just like BG minus permanent level sucking, and rock-paper-scisors pre-buff counters".

Pathfinder be like: "**** youuuuu. Permanent attribute damage for first quest combat encounter. Prepare pre-buffs for every encounters. Which ones you ask? Didn't you memorize rulebook?

Though it's been the first encounter I used dispell magic on. It was a must have in BGs, and I really didin't feel a need for it until now. I also wish the game would make it clearer when enemies are buffed. In BG there was a clear visual indication. In Pathfinder: you can't hit this person, you are not high level enough. You can see their stats because you are not high level enough. We wont' show you what buffs she has becouse you are not high level enough. Enjoy our splendid tactical combat. Here, she has +30 wisdom modifier. Defend against dat scrub.

• 7 months later...

Finished! 182h 04m clocked I can confidently say, that it is the most joyless, tedious and frustrating cRPG campaign I have even played. It probably should have been closer to 200h, but I cheated like crazy for the finale. Once I realized Nyrissa's ?castle? is artificially padded to 6 maps (😂 even NWN1 wasn't that bad) I just launched bag of cheates and cheated my way to the end. Frankly, even that way it was tedious and boring, but at least it took me 5 hours to reach the end credits.

Done. Disk space cleared for something else. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 8:47 PM, Wormerine said:

Hahaha! Oh god. I remember playing PoE1 and thinking: "it's great. Just like BG minus permanent level sucking, and rock-paper-scisors pre-buff counters".

Pathfinder be like: "**** youuuuu. Permanent attribute damage for first quest combat encounter. Prepare pre-buffs for every encounters. Which ones you ask? Didn't you memorize rulebook?

Though it's been the first encounter I used dispell magic on. It was a must have in BGs, and I really didin't feel a need for it until now. I also wish the game would make it clearer when enemies are buffed. In BG there was a clear visual indication. In Pathfinder: you can't hit this person, you are not high level enough. You can see their stats because you are not high level enough. We wont' show you what buffs she has becouse you are not high level enough. Enjoy our splendid tactical combat. Here, she has +30 wisdom modifier. Defend against dat scrub.

There's probably a good presentation to be made somewhere in comparing Pillars' design with Kingmaker's. Pillars improves a lot on the RTwP base provided by the Infinity Engine games, not least by offering rather extensive tutorialization, by planning out a learning curve and intuitively introducing players to core mechanics and systems and the likes, and largely leaning away from the very binary "puzzle boss" encounter design where not having X in your arsenal is the whole difference between impossible and a cakewalk. Pathfinder feels like it doubles down on a lot of the faults of RTwP and offers virtually no learning curve with which to ease into the game's systems, where most encounters seem to be designed with a single specific solution, and where the key to that solution being available to you is a matter of a coinflip - and yet it also seems to hold some appeal to a specific hardcore niche much in the way ludicrous tactical BG2 mods like Improved Anvil had back in the day. The ubiquitous trash problem doesn't help matters at all either. Personally, it's a game I'd rather not play ever again without cheating, but I'm still curious about the sequel, and whether it'll remain as obtuse in its design.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden