Pachfinder Bugmaker: The Rekkoning

the_dog_days

I couldn't play for a while, but now I finally finished chapter 1. I don't know if this was possible before the expansion, but I fought the Stag Lord after reaching level 5.

The new content sure made it easy. There is even a cave that allows you to give capes and rings of protection to everyone who didn't have it yet.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Got most of the way through Vordakai's tomb, but then I ran into the elementals. Man those were tough to beat, even with the right protection spells. It was like hitting a brick wall, so I set it aside a couple of weeks then tried again. Poof! It was a cake walk. Maybe a bug fix happened while I was out? At any rate, glad to get through that part.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry for digging this up, but I'm really frustrated. All the trouble in Nyrissa's home, and what happens? It's the final chapter. I'm ready for the final battle, but my game keeps crashing during the cutscene after I've given the order to go to the city. Always at the same second.

Tell the final boss they've won. I'm giving up for now.

• Sad 1

On 6/3/2020 at 3:26 AM, LittleRose said:

Sorry for digging this up, but I'm really frustrated. All the trouble in Nyrissa's home, and what happens? It's the final chapter. I'm ready for the final battle, but my game keeps crashing during the cutscene after I've given the order to go to the city. Always at the same second.

Tell the final boss they've won. I'm giving up for now.

the final version crush in final chapter even more often then before

reboot pc sometimes work

16 hours ago, ShadySands said:

An official TB mode? It's going down

Just noticed this today on their FB page. Excitement and drooling intensifies...

More info here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2862274

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

3 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Just noticed this today on their FB page. Excitement and drooling intensifies...

More info here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2862274

i hope i will not have to buy it again just to get it

• Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 11:36 AM, LittleRose said:

Of course they add that mode now that I'm done with the game. Well, maybe at another playthrough.

I know the feeling. Most of the combat I'd still run using RTwP though, or the game would just take far too long.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

6 minutes ago, Majek said:

I still haven't bought this game so i guess TB mode might actually convince me to do it.

I’m in the same boat TBH.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

24 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

This game has so much combat I can't imagine turn-based making it any better.

there are too many fight against more then 8 enemy

turn base will be torture

especially in that lich tomb

Edited by uuuhhii

• 1 month later...

ok. I hate this game so so much. Sorry but I have to rant for a bit.

I could complain for many things, but there is one thing that really pisses me off - and that's the complete randomness in enemy difficulty and level in the same dungeon. One would think that it has been a standard practice for many years now (I mean BG1 did it back in the day) to clearly communicate to players how difficult the area will be. So you put a welcoming party pod and players will know if they have a chance to push forward or not. 

Oh, but Kingmaker is above such mortal concerns. This amazingly designed game will go from pitting you against lvl3 enemies to lvl18 in the same level. And as annoying as it is, generally there have been some way to back up and come back later (which is still a pain as game doesn't even allow to take notes without modding on this overstuffed with trash locals worldmap, so you are expected to remember every node in which the game pulls that ****). 

But now I tried to do the Tristian quest (the one where you locate him after he leaves the party) and after a lengthy, repetitive dungeon of pushovers, which I would be able to kill 30-50h ago, the final encounter has a defaced sister. I killed those in droves before, but this one has seriously buffed stats for some reason. Now, that's kinda on me, as my party is quite suboptimal due chaining quests. 

But ****! You poorly communicate expected difficulty of the area AND lock player inside without an ability to fetch other party members, change equipment. This game is so incredibly self indulgent.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

you just don't get it. oh sure, it's a game and as a game it should follow some kinda logic, and yes, there is nothing particular compelling about a frustrating bit of design, but you clear do not understand the hardcore gamer response to every poorly balanced feature or ack jass built area/level/encounter. your complaints is proof o' verisimilitude. every mistake is actual gleaming moments o genius you are too dense to appreciate.

tenor.gif?itemid=10799829

*insert eye roll*

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I actually really like the game. I think the on thing it's especially guilty of is relying on meta-gaming. All of the tough encounters are a cake-walk once you figure out what the "trick" is.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

5 hours ago, Achilles said:

I actually really like the game. I think the on thing it's especially guilty of is relying on meta-gaming. All of the tough encounters are a cake-walk once you figure out what the "trick" is.

I found that the one thing that works consitently with virtually every encounter were alchemical bombs. Ranged touch attacks with a high rate of fire, switchable damage type, not subject to spell resistance and the way flanking works in the game just makes every tough encounter tame.

It was extra fun during the time when the game had the bug that restored bomb charges whenever you saved the game, but it works well enough without. I too would have gotten stuck somewhere having opened a door with an enemy behind that my entire party could only potentially hit on natural 20ies, with spell resistance through the roof if I hadn't - purely by chance - taken Jubilost with me.

Jubilost got all the tough kills. It's hilarious. :)

Edited by majestic
  • Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

5 hours ago, Achilles said:

I actually really like the game.

My experience with it is a rollercoaster. There some bits that I really enjoy, overall I feel it wastes too much time with lack of convenience (like having to transition between At least 4 seperate “areas” when coming back to kingdom), and every once in a while it will infuriate me. 

24 minutes ago, majestic said:

I found that the one thing that works consitently with virtually every encounter were alchemical bombs. Ranged touch attacks with a high rate of fire, switchable damage type, not subject to spell resistance and the way flanking works in the game just makes every tough encounter tame.

Yeah, to my shock I found Jubilost to be the answer to most problems. Touch spells is what I need right now, and unfortunately due to quests I have been doing on the way, I have glaring lack of it. I will rest and reconfigure my party to the best to my abilities. If that won’t work, I will have to load auto save and do the whole dungeon once again. 

10 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I could complain for many things, but there is one thing that really pisses me off - and that's the complete randomness in enemy difficulty and level in the same dungeon. One would think that it has been a standard practice for many years now (I mean BG1 did it back in the day) to clearly communicate to players how difficult the area will be. So you put a welcoming party pod and players will know if they have a chance to push forward or not. 

Oh, but Kingmaker is above such mortal concerns. This amazingly designed game will go from pitting you against lvl3 enemies to lvl18 in the same level. And as annoying as it is, generally there have been some way to back up and come back later (which is still a pain as game doesn't even allow to take notes without modding on this overstuffed with trash locals worldmap, so you are expected to remember every node in which the game pulls that ****). 

But now I tried to do the Tristian quest (the one where you locate him after he leaves the party) and after a lengthy, repetitive dungeon of pushovers, which I would be able to kill 30-50h ago, the final encounter has a defaced sister. I killed those in droves before, but this one has seriously buffed stats for some reason. Now, that's kinda on me, as my party is quite suboptimal due chaining quests. 

But ****! You poorly communicate expected difficulty of the area AND lock player inside without an ability to fetch other party members, change equipment. This game is so incredibly self indulgent.

level(or hit die) means a lot less in pathfinder 1e than 2e(which is another obvious improvement)

so a low level medusa at later chapter can still instant petrify a level 20 barbarian

but it just the same old save or die problem

1 hour ago, uuuhhii said:

level(or hit die) means a lot less in pathfinder 1e than 2e(which is another obvious improvement)

Well, it matters if your enemy has only one weakness which at the moment I am not equipped to exploit. I am facing lvl 20 character, who has touch attack which pretty much one hit disables anyone she attacks (prone + what seems like 3-6 DEX damage) and is unlikely to miss (as if I didn't see it miss), and she needs to crit fail to be hit by anything - be it AC attack, touch attack, reflex whatever. 

Now it's possible that there is one of bunch of Pathfinder spells which will prevent me from getting dex damage. Is there one? Which one it is? Do I have a party member who has it? I don't know. The game even doesn't allow me to see what buffs/abilities the enemy has, because I was not deemed high level enough to inspect it. 

I have no doubt that if I show up with correct combination of buffs, and correct unit composition I will roll through her. How am I supposed to know what those combination is, and even more importantly, how am I to know it before I entered a no-return dungeon almost 1,5 hours of playtime ago? I have no clue. 

I genuily don't think I played a worse put together RPG. I understand that people can appreciate such commited translation of table-top system, but the campaign itself is really amatuerishly put together. Lots of filler and little killer and half of it poorly designed. 

15 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I agree, at least to some extent, with your critique as well as your frustration. My take, though, is that this is merely an artifact of the game having been made by a very small team (so far less opportunity for someone to check another person's work) that also lacked experience making a complex cRPG. As their team gets bigger, and that team gains experience making this type of game, these kinds of issues I feel will go away. I expect this will be the case with WotR.

4 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

I agree, at least to some extent, with your critique as well as your frustration. My take, though, is that this is merely an artifact of the game having been made by a very small team (so far less opportunity for someone to check another person's work) that also lacked experience making a complex cRPG. As their team gets bigger, and that team gains experience making this type of game, these kinds of issues I feel will go away. I expect this will be the case with WotR.

I agree. And that's why I backed WotR. I have somewhat a soft spot for the game, even if sometimes I want to tear my hair out (if I had any left that is). I sunk 123h as of writing. I think there is plenty of good in it to justify asking price, but I am not so sure if it has been worth the time investment. There is a bit too much space between moments when I am having fun.

Anyway. I ended up tinkering with the difficulty option as "challenging" difficulty was boosting enemy stats even further. With that brought down, I actually had a chance to land a hit and with a lot of touching from Harrim she died. Restoring all my companions sucked out all my remaigning funds 😭. Sorry villages, you shall have to remain barren for a wee bit longer. Next step - DLC dungeon to resture some of the funds. 

Lesson learned - never compromise on party composition in order to trigger continuation of your tiefling's romance. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I agree. And that's why I backed WotR. I have somewhat a soft spot for the game, even if sometimes I want to tear my hair out (if I had any left that is). I sunk 123h as of writing. I think there is plenty of good in it to justify asking price, but I am not so sure if it has been worth the time investment. There is a bit too much space between moments when I am having fun.

Anyway. I ended up tinkering with the difficulty option as "challenging" difficulty was boosting enemy stats even further. With that brought down, I actually had a chance to land a hit and with a lot of touching from Harrim she died. Restoring all my companions sucked out all my remaigning funds 😭. Sorry villages, you shall have to remain barren for a wee bit longer. Next step - DLC dungeon to resture some of the funds. 

Lesson learned - never compromise on party composition in order to trigger continuation of your tiefling's romance. 

just adjust difficulty to lowest

why wasting time read all the tiny text description of spells and feats for hours when one can read all those slightly larger wacky dialogue text instead