Pachfinder Bugmaker: The Rekkoning

the_dog_days

It's been one of my top games of the last umpteen years and (after they fixed a bunch of stuff and I used mods for the rest) my only complaint is that I wish there was even more content to play through.

Algroth's point about speeding through the combat and whatnot may be a good choice if you want to experience the story but the combat isn't grabbing you. For me, I don't care much for lower level D&D combat so I did not enjoy the combat in the very beginning but I found myself liking it more as the game went on.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Is beast totem (growing claws) works with weapons? I am really not sure if it have any value to pick it up if i had to unequip my weapons to attack with claws. Did anyone tested it?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 3 weeks later...

4 hour video?! 🙀 Anyone has Cliffnotes of it?

Anyway. Kingmaker now has an Extended Edition, bag of tricks and tools mod, turn-based mod, headcount & statistics mod and even buffbot mod, yet again proving how one should never ever rush to play a RPG at launch. 

• Like 3

I've never tried automatic but I read that you can just ignore it now if you set it to that which didn't used to be the case. I actually like kingdom management with the Bag of Tricks mod because you can tweak the times and rolls to your liking.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

I haven't played yet (which was good considering the broken custom portraits). Does anyone know the answer to these questions?

The word is that it's a bit annoying, because it doesn't tell you that you can still fail by waiting on the main quests too much. But it doesn't make your kingdom fail in other ways.

Edited by MrBrown
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I was playing around January this year, never had a problem with the Kingdom aspect, I think I had it on easy - but strangely by instinct I always did a lot of questing first and when I really needed to upgrade my kingdom to be able to pass the skill checks I had enough time.  It is definitely a tough balance - I think I should have spent a little more time upgrading in the beginning but was able to squeak through.  I came to this conclusion after I played through the Pitax portion of the game though :) So many hours spent on the way there.

• Thanks 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I am liking it alright so far, though it is quite tedious experience.

Writing is a mixed bag, though one thing which really annoys my is how your protagonist is all over the place - you can't really define him in any coherent ways. And then you have things like that:
ka7NlTN.jpg

I don't think Bioware was ever that bad, and their love for massive exposition dumps is legendary (Yes, tell me about the history of dwarven race). I am trying to figure out if Owlcat are parodying RPG tropes of if its a genuine attempt.

Oh, that lady is a love interest, conversations with these are particularly cringy. Charname is a little better with the non-smoochables, but yeah, don't expect Obsidian's, Bioware's or even Bethesda's writing. 

If Owlcat makes a new Kickstarter, they should include the "Hire a proper writer instead of level designer's teenage daughter whose credentials is publishing in fanfiction.net" goal before all others.

Edited by bugarup
Y U NO spell???!!
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kirottu said:

But didn't they have Chris Avellone this time? 

They did, and he wrote one character, who turned out, well, nothing too special but good. And it's not all bad, I'm perhaps unfairly exaggerating a little, it's just when it's bad, it's eye-blistering bad. 

Thanks for googling that for me

Though I guess if I had rubbed my 2 brain cells together a little bit harder then I could have guessed who it was by figuring out which character went the most against type

Edited by ShadySands
whoop

On 7/11/2019 at 6:23 AM, Wormerine said:

I am liking it alright so far, though it is quite tedious experience.

Writing is a mixed bag, though one thing which really annoys my is how your protagonist is all over the place - you can't really define him in any coherent ways. And then you have things like that:

I don't think Bioware was ever that bad, and their love for massive exposition dumps is legendary (Yes, tell me about the history of dwarven race). I am trying to figure out if Owlcat are parodying RPG tropes of if its a genuine attempt.

The pace of the story gets better after the initial info dump. Though, the main quest becomes clear (as "This is the biggest baddie, this is how we beat them and we are doing it now") rather late.

Spoiler

The ending is (or was, if it was rewritten in the Enhanced Edition) still kind of odd, in terms of what I had aimed for and what I got.

On protagonist's personality. Some dialogue options have follow ups, which allow you to express your opinion about the topic and define your alignment.

2 hours ago, bringingyouthefuture said:

Anyway messed around with the TB mod yet???  Is it working well?

I haven't 'cause its considered 'in beta'. I plan on leaving it a few more months (probably towards the holidays) before partaking.

Yes read that it is in Beta - it looks pretty complete though, but just wondering if anyone has noticed any huge drawbacks!  The to-do list for it to leave beta is pretty small:

To Do (it's not sorted by priority )

• Add localization support
  • Add an option to restrict ranged sneak attack
  • Add a button to toggle full attack
  • Add an option to auto reorder the touch action (if possible)
  • Add more options to adjust the UI size
  • Make stealth check only be triggered once per round or every 5 feet of movement

To Do (lower priority or maybe not to do)

• Surprise Round (maybe will be implemented as simpler version)
  • Ready (is too tricky)
  • Bugfix or rebalancing of the base game (should become another mod)

Edit:

You think if I donate $5 they will finish it?? 😝

Edited by bringingyouthefuture

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I've been playing with it for all of my last playthrough (partway through Varnhold Vanishing, which is chapter 3 or 4...I never quite followed how people are determining the chapters in the game.)  It works fine, the only thing I found weird is that if you choose to take a five foot step and then aren't in range of something, you can't do normal movement.  Also, on rare occasions I had my ranged characters automatically fire their bows in the first round without me telling them to if I'd told the party to attack something before combat started.

Oh, and it didn't work right at the end of the Season of Bloom chapter (as in, it never became turn-based) but there's some weirdness in how the chapter ends (not like anything broken, it's just something that doesn't occur anywhere previously in the game), and it wasn't really a big deal.

It does seem to make the game somewhat easier (it's a lot easier to kill/disable enemies before they get a chance to act using turn-based) but some of the enemies are so ridiculous (seriously, what kind of DM uses enemies with +30 to hit against a 9th level party?), it's kind of nice.

Edit:  So, I kind of stopped playing for a bit, but that had nothing to do with the mod, the game is just really long and I got a little burnt out...also annoyed at how the quest I was on needed to be advanced.

Edited by Vaeliorin
  • Thanks 1